Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nothing against Devon..he's a great worker and good person. What why the heck is he the TV Champ? Hopefully he's just a transitional champ who can make the title mean something for once. But I can't help think about the better options for tv champ.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Because he beat the previous champion.

·
Administrator
59,128 Posts
Great worker? Lol.

He's TV Champ cause he was popular in the 90's. Not much else to say here. The title had the potential to be something big for the mid-card but they weren't competent enough to realize that.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
He's very over/recognizable face (a Legend in the business), works hard, caters to African-American demographic, ..., ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
yeah Devon's over as fuck in the IZ for some reason. I'd assume that plays a factor.

But yeah, it should be an enhancement belt, yet all he's done since win is squash the two Robbies either one after the other or, in the case of last Sunday, at the same time.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah, I'm baffled by this as well. I personally think the TV title is pointless so they should get rid of it. But if they are going to keep it, I like the idea of it being defended every week. At least it distinguishes it a little as a title in its own right. I just think you need someone with more potential or greater star power to do the job. Apart from Devon Vs Bully Ray, all of his defences thus far have been the sort of match you'd expect to see on Xplosion. If they weren't going with this little count out storyline, I would have said they should put the title on Crimson. He's undefeated yes, but how often has he actually competed in matches. Now though, I'd probably give the title to Kurt Angle. Have him hold it for a while and then build up to an X Division Champion Vs TV Champion feud with A Double.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Say what you want, but Devon is a great champion. It's just that he's stucked in shitty feuds with shitty wrestlers. He's MEGA over with the Impact Zone, he cuts solid warrior promos, he's a solid wrestler, and the most important thing - he's a TRUE babyface wrestler. He's the character to be a role model for my future kids. Not Cenah, not Orton, not Storm, but - DEVON. True story bro.

But yeah, I agree he needs to drop the title in the next few weeks, like putting over The Pope or Magnus. Or Kaz.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Why? Because he is over as fuck, and for good reason.

He comes across as being as honest as anything, is pretty stacked and puts on decent matches. He is also one of the more famous faces in TNA.

I like Devon and I'm glad he has a belt. I don't want him to have some mad undefeated run for 9 months, but I like Devon.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Wasnt that Bully and Devon as still a package going back to their tag team days so TNA wants primarily Bully to resign and not go back to TNA so they are giving Devon a better push?

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
The argument that he's over isn't a real good one in my opinion. He's old, clearly close to the end of his career. He should be using his overness to put young guys over, not holding onto a midcard belt and beating everyone.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
unless the dudleyz are put back together, i dont see the reason of having devon be on tv. who cares that gets a reaction in the iz, who doesnt? either put dudleyz back together or have devon become an agent or trainer or somethong.

as far as the tv title, fuck it. i dont see the need for that either.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Hopefully Crimson beats him for it like somebody suggested in another thread.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
He needs to lose it IMO, I respect Devon for everything he has done but currently he doesn't deserve to be near a championship belt. Look at how Ray has reinvented himself since the Team 3D split, Devon has just stayed exactly the same but now has Devon rather than Team 3D written on his vest.

I'd like to see them put it on one of three guys; Dinero, Crimson or Doug Williams

Dinero has been massively wasted by TNA, he is solid in the ring and very good on the mic and should be one of the young talents the company is pushing right now, give him the TV title and let him cut a promo every week before his defence and you will have a guaranteed solid segment

Crimson pushes his undefeated streak and is making open challenges every show he gets on, why not use this and link to the TV title that needs to be defended every week? this will put two storylines together freeing up airtime for something else

Doug Williams is someone who could hold the belt as a veteran like Devon but who could have a decent match which just about anyone, a very good technical wrestler who I miss seeing on TV on a regular basis, think he would have a more than decent run with the TV title

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Devon's really over and doing his best to put on good matches every week. They just need to get him a better feud now than the two Robbie's (although that was still enjoyable). I've no problem with him being champ, in fact I like it. Long live the reign of Devon!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts