Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He doesn't have a match planned for EC and has no meaningful feud.

You could say what relevance does he have to be in it but then again why is R-Truth there?

He could bring so much more to the match than Truth and could make the other stars look a lot better and also help put himself even more over and show he can hang with the big boys!

On a side note why the hell doesn't he have a match at EC either?

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I'd much rather have Bryan in there than Truth. I can't see him having a match at the PPV at all, which sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I´ll think his next "feud" is going to be winning a qualifiying match for the Money in the Bank Match at WM

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Not big enough to win, too big to job in the match. Bryan needs to be booked carefully because, with his size, it'd be very easy to accidently turn him into a Chavo Guerrero. It's much better to keep him winning matches, albeit ones that mean nothing, than push him up the card for no reason.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not big enough to win, too big to job in the match. Bryan needs to be booked carefully because, with his size, it'd be very easy to accidently turn him into a Chavo Guerrero. It's much better to keep him winning matches, albeit ones that mean nothing, than push him up the card for no reason.
He doesn't need to job. It's more than obvious that Cena is going to win the match. How about Bryan starting off the match with JoMo which will get the crowd pumped for the rest.

It doesn't need to be in vain either. You could have Bryan eliminate Sheamus in maybe a roll up pin where Sheamus doesn't take any offence from Bryan. Next night on Raw you have Sheamus interrupt Bryan's match against DiBiase or someone and Hits him with his Brogue kick.

Sheamus could then cut a promo that Bryan cost him his dream WM match so he is going to take away something that bryan holds dear. His U.S. Title.

Now from something so simple you have:-
1) bryan and Sheamus who are both after thoughts at the minute in a meaningful feud.
2) A 2 time WWE Champion going for the U.S. Title giving it credibility.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Because there's dead silence after his music hits. Before putting him in a PPV WWE title match, here's a thought: lets wait till he gets at least as over as R-Truth, then we'll talk about him main eventing.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
He doesn't need to job. It's more than obvious that Cena is going to win the match. How about Bryan starting off the match with JoMo which will get the crowd pumped for the rest.

It doesn't need to be in vain either. You could have Bryan eliminate Sheamus in maybe a roll up pin where Sheamus doesn't take any offence from Bryan. Next night on Raw you have Sheamus interrupt Bryan's match against DiBiase or someone and Hits him with his Brogue kick.

Sheamus could then cut a promo that Bryan cost him his dream WM match so he is going to take away something that bryan holds dear. His U.S. Title.

Now from something so simple you have:-
1) bryan and Sheamus who are both after thoughts at the minute in a meaningful feud.
2) A 2 time WWE Champion going for the U.S. Title giving it credibility.
Any of those things could happen if you or I were booking but we're not, it's being left up to WWE creative so only those actually involved in some sort of storyline already will get anything out of the match. Something you should know about me is that when I shoot down a good idea it's done with typical WWE booking in mind.

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
At the very least Bryan is being booked strong only problem is he's an afterthought. He did last a long time in the Rumble and eliminated a couple people and he had a very competitive match with Miz this past Monday and his rookie is probably going to win NXT. Meanwhile R-Truth has jobbed to Mason Ryan AND Brodus Clay. How is this guy even in the chamber match? It actually won't suprise me if Truth is Kofi'd from the chamber if you know what I mean.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Fucking R-Truth...

·
Registered
51 Posts
DB is obviously going to be added to the card last minute in a meaningless match where he will definately retain the belt for wrestlemania

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
I'd rather Truth be in there as the sacrificial lamb. Bryan got a good showing at the Rumble, and a great match with the Miz on Raw. The Raw EC doesn't need Bryan, because it's not going to be about match quality, really - it's already building about three separate storylines.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Because aside from the internet smarks, nobody cares about him.
This! I really like Bryan in the ring, never followed him before Nexus debuted on RAW. He seems to get no reaction at all from crowds...

I was at a house show in London in November and it was the same there.

I don't get it personally

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Bryan will not last long in the chamber anyway, i'd rather see R-Truth getting destroyed instead of Bryan. Oh, and i'd rather see Bryan defending his belt at the PPV for once, i don't care if it's a random multi-man US title match, just give me a Bryan match and let him defend his goddamn belt. :side:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because aside from the internet smarks, nobody cares about him.
Being a football coach in primary schools i feel that i have a good opinion on what both 'internet smarks' (wtf???) and 'ordinary fans' (ie kids and shit) feel about certain wrestlers as I would talk about wrestling regularly at schools to kids to connect. A lot of the kids I have spoken to not only think he is great but also think he has the best finisher even though he stole it from (and this is a quote)''that crazy dead guy''. Believe it if you want to or not I honestly couldn't care because your mind is made up but he is pretty over.

I'd rather Truth be in there as the sacrificial lamb. Bryan got a good showing at the Rumble, and a great match with the Miz on Raw. The Raw EC doesn't need Bryan, because it's not going to be about match quality, really - it's already building about three separate storylines.
So what would be wrong with building 4 storylines or are most WWE fans brains not capable of paying attention for a whole show of seperate storylines? Maybe the WWE have realised this? Anyway why would he have to be a sacrificial lamb? You could have a match with 10 wrestlers and still have every single one of them coming out looking better than he did before?

The way I put it you could have had Sheamus dominating the EC and looking really strong but Bryan slyly rolls him up and eliminates him.

You could even have Sheamus walk away as if he is going to leave the chamber and when Bryan isn't looking hit him with the Brogue kick then Punk covers him. Then Sheamus could cut the promo on Monday and you have a Wrestlemania feud for the U.S. Title with two young stars who this time 6 months ago were looking like they would both be heavily invested in but seem to have gone stale!

It couldn't be simpler.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
So what would be wrong with building 4 storylines or are most WWE fans brains not capable of paying attention for a whole show of seperate storylines? Maybe the WWE have realised this? Anyway why would he have to be a sacrificial lamb? You could have a match with 10 wrestlers and still have every single one of them coming out looking better than he did before?

The way I put it you could have had Sheamus dominating the EC and looking really strong but Bryan slyly rolls him up and eliminates him.

You could even have Sheamus walk away as if he is going to leave the chamber and when Bryan isn't looking hit him with the Brogue kick then Punk covers him. Then Sheamus could cut the promo on Monday and you have a Wrestlemania feud for the U.S. Title with two young stars who this time 6 months ago were looking like they would both be heavily invested in but seem to have gone stale!

It couldn't be simpler.
Nothing wrong with what you're saying: the problem is trusting WWE creative with it. Like Peepoholic said, you have to balance your hopes for Bryan (or whoever else) with the reality of WWE booking. As far as creative's thinking, Elimination Chamber is about Cena, Orton and Punk, with Morrison being the guy who gets to look good hanging with them. I'd rather he not be involved and keep looking strong (because no one really expected him to be in the EC), than be involved and look like a complete afterthought.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
He should be in there ahead of Truth, no doubt in my mind. Truth just brings nothing to the table in my eyes, especially in a match like this. I don't know why WWE persist with trying to involve him in the main event. He does seem like a genuinely nice guy. Maybe his popularity is keeping him relevant, who knows.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts