Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm an attitude era guy, so I saw him in his prime with E&C and all their amazing tag matches. But I don't really get why so many people think he's so great? He's a solid midcarder, who's been around for a long time, but I don't see anything that special.

This is all my opinion of course, I just want to hear what you think.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm still a noob so give me a break from any flaming please :D

Reactions: Starbuck

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Not the biggest fan of him, can't speakk for other people.

But i'd probably think because he deserves a title run, good on the mic, good in the ring etc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But does he deserve a title run solely down to the length of time he's spent in the WWE?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Well.. It's not like he's a hero. People just think he's great, and most people that they think is great get a push. So they're satisfied. But Christian doesn't get a push, which pisses them off, so they keep talking about him.
Trust me, if Christian gets a title run, after it; people won't talk about him as much anymore.

·
Who speaks for Earth?
625 Posts
But does he deserve a title run solely down to the length of time he's spent in the WWE?
Whilst that sounds good, guys like Funaki would have been pinning Cena clean at WrestleMania by now lol.

Never really understood the love for Christian although I did understand it in TNA where I felt he was great (And I don't even like TNA!). He hasn't really done much memorable since then apart from his ECW run/Edge segments but that's totally out of his control.

·
Registered
107 Posts
He's not a "hero", he has a following. He's a great wrestler, he can talk and he's charismatic - which is why people want to see him succeed.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I'm not huge on him like a lot of others but I can see why someone would be. In this day and age there are not a lot of Superstars that can pull off being a face and heel, which he does easily. I think he's great in the ring too.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Absolutely not. But back to the original question, my reasons are simple, he's better than Edge and, since he's won 10 world titles, Christian ought to have at least a couple to his name. I have my own theories as to why he hasn't. The first is the obvious one that WWE almost never push both members of a tag-team since, presumably, it gives the impression that the pushed guy could've been a main-eventer earlier if he wasn't being held back by his partner. The other, less obvious one, is Edge's injury in 2003. I believe that he was in line to win his first world title sometime that year, his injury obviously prevented that fom happening and when he returned he struggled to regain his momentum. The result of this was that when Christian really started to get over in 2005 Vince was reluctant to give him a world title before Edge had won one so he was held back.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Just watch some of Christians promo's from 2005 and see why he deserves at least one World Championship reign.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Just watch some of Christians promo's from 2005 and see why he deserves at least one World Championship reign.
I don't understand this argument. Sure, it proves he deserved it at that point, but why six years later would that prove he deserves one now? He isn't nearly as over or done anything amazing or notable since. You could argue that that is not his fault, but that's what it all comes down to.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
His promo's are epic, he is good in the ring, better than Edge actually.

Look at his promo's from 2004/2005 and ring work during his time in TNA. Amazing. Christian can work a crowd like mad and deserves at least 1 WWE World Title.

His ring work is still really good to this day and his promos are still of the epic proportion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not a huge fan but I like him, and I just think that he deserves to be WHC or WWE Champ, even if it's just for one run. He has all the tools. Think about who has been a world champ or even a multi-time-champ by now. The Great Khali is a former World Heavyweight Champion. fpalm
One reign for Christian should be possible. There is just no real excuse that they have NEVER given him the belt yet.

·
Registered
844 Posts
He is by no means a 'hero' but certainly talented. I think Christian has lost his opportunity to be a highly credible world champion. He's still good in the ring and on the mic, but not what he used to be.

Last thing I want to see is Christian become the next Kane - I'd rather remember him as a great yound midcarder than an old, slow, uncredible Champ.

·
Registered
346 Posts
He's not a "hero", he has a following. He's a great wrestler, he can talk and he's charismatic - which is why people want to see him succeed.
^ This somes it up for me! People just recognise his talents and commitments to the business and would like to see him rewarded. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a title run and feud with Edge or ADR, but for some reason he just doesn't strike me as a world champ... But if Khali can be WHC then sureley Christian deserves at least one run!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Good in-ring ability
Great Mic Skills
Can play the face or heel

These are the main reasons I like the guy.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
My personal reasons why. I've been watching him since the E&C days, I've always like Christian, thought he was a good wrestler, good on the mic and charismatic. As well as that I liked the character he portayed as a heel, he was a great heel. He was funny, in a somewhat delusional way, he played his character so well.

But there is one other reason why I want him to be a world champion. Christian to me, is like Chris Beniot in a way. He's had to scrape and scratch his way in the WWE and work so hard, much like Beniot had to do throughout his career. He didnt have it easy like Edge did. Christian had to work in Edge's shadow, so while Edge was being pushed to the moon, Christian was still working the mid-cards waiting for his big break, and even though he left for TNA he still contintued to work hard. His whole career has been one long journey to the top, and while some maybe sceptical that he'll ever win the World Championship there is still a good chance he could sometime in the future. After all, if Kane, Beniot and Eddie Guerrero could become champions in their later careers then so could Christian, and even more so is that WWE has even acknowledged and highlighted Christian's struggle to get to the top so it sort of tells me they're building to a push to the World Championship sometime down the line. But my point is, I want him to win the title so that he'll finally achieve his dream of becoming a world champion and finally finish his career being a former world champion.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He's not a hero, he's...Captain Charisma!

I'm not a big fan but i kinda like him. Maybe if WWE actually does something with him, then you will probably get the answer.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I Christian in 2005 and in TNA was one of the most entertaining wrestlers of all time imo. I think Christian is in the same position as CM Punk was a couple of years ago, he's a face, and although what he is doing is fine enough, if he was to turn heel I think the sky would be the limit for him. Not to mention the fact he's probably the best in ring wrestler in the world right now.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts