Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept seeing on this forum that come extreme rules, Bryan will be cheered to death and Sheamus will be shitted on. How do you guys know?

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
very good wrestling fan city, therefore like new york its more old school fans who cheer for the wrestlers with the greatest talents and boo ones that are kiddy and shoved down their throats expect punk, lesnar and d-bryan to get huge pops!

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Did you not watch MITB last year they went crazy for Bryan when he won and they did the same for other iwc faves Christian and of course Punk. The Chicago fans act extremely different to normal wwe crowds.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I kept seeing on this forum that come extreme rules, Bryan will be cheered to death and Sheamus will be shitted on. How do you guys know?
Watch MITB 2011, you'll get it

Normal crowd: yay John Cena, Sheamus, Big Show, Santino, Randy Orton
Smark Crowd: "CM PUNK", "DANIEL BRYAN/YESYESYES", "ONE MORE MATCH", "YOU CAN'T WRESTLE"

·
Registered
446 Posts
I wish WWE would travel between

New York
Philadelphia
Chicago
Toronto

I doubt people understand how important a crowd is to a show

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Because it IS a smarky crowd. No other real way to exaplain it. It's clear as day it's full or smarks and will indeed be full of smarks at Extreme Rules. Therefore the usual suspects (Punk/Bryan/Ryder if he's there/Cody) will get smarky cheers whilst Sheamus/Cena/Orton to a degree will get the smarky boos. Lesnar is arguable, though.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

The crowd goes wild for people like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Because they dont usually act like sheep and follow what the WWE force feeds them, they have their owns minds and like to be entertained by decent Wrestlers who work good matches and promos like Bryan and Punk rather than guys who are in a false position. Its nice to see a crowd with their own opinion.

Look at Cena Vs Punk 2011 crowd for examples.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Being from Chicago and at all the Chicago events going back a number of years I agree with most of what is being said, except I really don't think Sheamus will get booed that loudly. he will not get his usual pop, and may get some boos, but don't expect him to get completely destroyed by the crowd.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I honestly think that WWE should only hit up major wrestling markets tbh. I just don't see the appeal of WWE traveling to Bumfuck, Alabama every once in a while.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
They are considered a "smarky" crowd because they don't cheer who the WWE wants them to cheer. I also hate the term "smark". Why can't fans be fans, regardless who they cheer and boo?

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
The WWE Universe in Chicago feel the likes of Sheamus and John Cena are "The Most Controversial" Superstars of all time according to Michael Cole.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts