Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be her 5th WrestleMania appearance and in every single one she has been in the headline women's match for the belt, why? I just don't get it, what is it about her that warrants a title match and the top women's match EVERY SINGLE YEAR at the biggest show? She is good in the ring and a really good athlete, and I'm sure her match will be good, but she isn't over, she's never connected with the crowd much & other than the woo's seems to draw apathy. The only other person who has been in World Title matches at WM 5 years in a row is John Cena, and love him or hate him, people CARED about him and he was a draw. What reason is there for Charlotte being in the top match on the women's side every year? You can argue that there's not as much competition on the women's side, which is true, but no other woman has even come close to this over a half decade period.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Because Stat padding looking at who the champions are there was no reason for Charlotte to win the Royal Rumble she’s face both the champions ten thousand times as heel or face.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,293 Posts
Her last name is Flair, that's literally it. She's never been over, she's never drawn a dime, she's the only one of the 4HW that doesn't move merch; this push that they're giving her is literally bad business but they don't give a fuck as long as she gets to 17. Wooooo!

·
Registered
904 Posts
While she is overpushed to the Cena/Roman trend... she is the most deserving. She is an insanely good wrestler, a safe wrestler, and is charismatic. She is a physical beast and is one of the only women on the roster that WWE can book for a big spot like Wrestlemania.

I'd like to see them diversify more... but at least Charlotte's wrestling ability deserves this.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While she is overpushed to the Cena/Roman trend... she is the most deserving. She is an insanely good wrestler, a safe wrestler, and is charismatic. She is a physical beast and is one of the only women on the roster that WWE can book for a big spot like Wrestlemania.

I'd like to see them diversify more... but at least Charlotte's wrestling ability deserves this.
Asuka, Kairi Sane and Sasha Banks are all better wrestlers than her and are all more popular than her. They have a combined 3 WrestleMania world title matches. Charlotte does not need to be in the top women's match every year.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
If just being a flair was the reason for her push then David flair would have got rocket strapped to him.
Asuka, Kairi Sane and Sasha Banks are all better wrestlers than her and are all more popular than her. They have a combined 3 WrestleMania world title matches. Charlotte does not need to be in the top women's match every year.
Asuka and sane aren't western. Remember wwe are producing tv for mostly us conservative audience.

Banks is constantly injured.

Flair has a great look, she is tall, statuesque, carries herself and looks like a star. She is reliable never injured, always delivers, has probably best back catalog of matches ever by wwe woman and solid draw. Folks say she doesn't draw yet pretty much every time she is put in top spot that show does well.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,245 Posts
Because of her last name. Vince is catering to her after her recent entitled comments about not getting enough handed to her. There was no reason to give her the Rumble. They also want to have her be the one to end Becky’s run. No one else is good enough apparently. Not Sasha. Not Bianca. Not Shayna. Backstage politicking at its finest.

·
Registered
755 Posts

Yeah such a great wrestler.. couldn't even tell her co worker was Injured and kept stiffing her

·
Registered
96 Posts
Her last name is Flair, that is it. She's not over, can never connect with the crowd, she's the definition of stale. Anyone other women would have been a better choice, yes she's a good wrestler but people forget she's really inconsistent, her matches range from very good, to very bad. Of the 4HW, she's the only won who does not sell any merch and who historically can never connect with the crowd, as much as she tried the only reaction she gets is "woo'' and that is not her being over. Only reason she won was to add something else to her resume. I said this many times, Charlotte is bad for the division, not her per say, but how she is presented. Her push is the definition of "forced" that there is in wrestling. She can loose every PPV match for months, yet finds herself in the main event of Mania.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I don't like she won, but I disagree she's not over. On PPV more often than not entrance gets a solid reaction. She had no business winning though.

·
Since Day One
9,829 Posts
Because they can afford to.

WWE isn’t in any worse shape as a company with the amount of times they’ve pushed her. The only thing her constant pushes ruin is fantasy booking. Also, it really doesn’t help that the fans don’t offer enough incentive for her not to be pushed mega hard.

Like I said, the company isn’t going down in flames because Charlotte’s getting another world title match. Admittedly, it also wouldn’t hurt for her to face off against someone in a non-title match but the last time that happened, some were crying that she got to retire Trish. There’s literally no pleasing some of her vitriolic haters until the day (God forbid) she has to forcibly retire due to injury. So I think the better question is, “Why shouldn’t she?” Because fans think someone else deserves it more and they want to see them in the main event for a change with the promise that they won’t be fickle and turn on them for being “too stale”? Nice try. The WWE can literally see you cross your fingers behind your back.

·
IRAN #1
2,242 Posts
Probably because she's the GOAT and they have no other major stars in the women's division.. some might argue they could use WrestleMania to help create stars, but that's WWE for you.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts