Wrestling Forum banner

Why is Big E still the IC champ?

1443 Views 25 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  A Paul Heyman G
I think it's time for him to drop it.

He's not doing much with it, it ain't doing much for him.

Why is he still champ?

I'd rather see Cesaro win the title.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· #HAIRBEAR #TEAMPALE
6,050 Posts
wwe puts no effort into booking the ic title and the mc in general. this is what happens.

· Registered
8,518 Posts
Give the IC title to Titus already, even if they don't give him many matches, just let him do segments and the shit will be 10 times better than what we are getting with Big E. I know a lot of people had hopes for Big E, but let's face it, the guy is done lol.

· WeeWoo WeeWoo
22,510 Posts
I'm telling ya'll, have Swagger win it from him on an upcoming RAW. Have their rematch at ER or something, have Swagger retain and Cesaro come out and attack him. Have Cesaro win it at Payback, have the rematch the RAW after and then continue to consistently book Cesaro strong and keep him in credible feuds to eventually clash with like Reigns or someone.

Give the IC title to Titus already, even if they don't give him many matches, just let him do segments and the shit will be 10 times better than what we are getting with Big E. I know a lot of people had hopes for Big E, but let's face it, the guy is done lol.
The only title I ever wanted to see on Titus was the tag title. Goddammit, WWE. fpalm

· Registered
8,518 Posts
I'm telling ya'll, have Swagger win it from him on an upcoming RAW. Have their rematch at ER or something, have Swagger retain and Cesaro come out and attack him. Have Cesaro win it at Payback, have the rematch the RAW after and then continue to consistently book Cesaro strong and keep him in credible feuds to eventually clash with like Reigns or someone.

The only title I ever wanted to see on Titus was the tag title. Goddammit, WWE. fpalm
Titus with some gold... lol, even the biggest Titus haters here can't tell me that wouldn't look legit.

I dunno with Swagger and Cesaro though with the belts, I'm going out on a limb here, but Paul Heyman managed Curtis Axel with the title and it did nothing, now I know Cesaro is very popular, but I still would be surprised if the guy could make the title interesting. Titus.... tough to describe it, but I got the vibes he'd be similar to the Rock with his IC title run, if it's done right.

· WeeWoo WeeWoo
22,510 Posts
Titus with some gold... lol, even the biggest Titus haters here can't tell me that wouldn't look legit.

I dunno with Swagger and Cesaro though with the belts, I'm going out on a limb here, but Paul Heyman managed Curtis Axel with the title and it did nothing, now I know Cesaro is very popular, but I still would be surprised if the guy could make the title interesting. Titus.... tough to describe it, but I got the vibes he'd be similar to the Rock with his IC title run, if it's done right.
Don't get me wrong, Titus is entertaining and decent enough in the ring (I absolutely loved how he and Swagger operate in the ring together especially), but he's not over. There was no push entailed for him in the first place and he's not at all credible when it comes to win/losses. I mean heck, he lost the feud between him and Darren Young on Main Event. I like him, but...I don't think he'll ever go far.

People are worshipping Cesaro, damn near drooling over him. It's not fair to try and compare him to Curtis Axel in reality. Completely different dudes and their careers up until the point they became Paul Heyman Guys were totally different. I think Cesaro could elevate the title and bring up the upper midcard and bring some relevance back to it while Daniel Bryan stays comfortably with the WWEWHC for several months.

· Registered
8,518 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Titus is entertaining and decent enough in the ring (I absolutely loved how he and Swagger operate in the ring together especially), but he's not over. There was no push entailed for him in the first place and he's not at all credible when it comes to win/losses. I mean heck, he lost the feud between him and Darren Young on Main Event. I like him, but...I don't think he'll ever go far.

People are worshipping Cesaro, damn near drooling over him. It's not fair to try and compare him to Curtis Axel in reality. Completely different dudes and their careers up until the point they became Paul Heyman Guys were totally different. I think Cesaro could elevate the title and bring up the upper midcard and bring some relevance back to it while Daniel Bryan stays comfortably with the WWEWHC for several months.
Definitely agree there's no doubt that Cesaro has a lot of people that will pop for him, I dunno, I just think they really haven't given anyone the IC title in ages that really has charisma and can put out a decent promo. Plus Titus is friggin due for a push, after that whole thing where their manager AW got fired, they never gave these guys a legit chance at the spotlight.

Cesaro on the flip side, if he had the IC title, he'd pretty much be facing the same people he already faces I bet. I think he'd be better off transitioned into a main eventer roll slowly, not getting matches for the title, but some programs with top guys. With the IC title, he will probably just feud with the Miz and Kofi Kingston again.

· Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Not Big E.'s fault really. Its not doing anything for him because they don't have any stories or feuds. We could easily have The Miz vs. Big E. or ADR vs. Big E. The mid-card is in shambles and has been for a quite some time. There is a lot of good talent that could thrive in the mid-card: ADR, The Miz, Ryder, Kofi, Cesaro (for now), Swagger, Big E., Big Show, Henry. There are no stories, feuds, or title defenses. Hell, there isn't even any no. 1 contenders. WWE has no excuse either. 6 hours of tv programming and the WWE doesn't do shit with it. Instead we get lazy tag-team matches.

I don't want Cesaro holding any mid-card belt until they fix their booking. Unlikely....

· WeeWoo WeeWoo
22,510 Posts
Definitely agree there's no doubt that Cesaro has a lot of people that will pop for him, I dunno, I just think they really haven't given anyone the IC title in ages that really has charisma and can put out a decent promo. Plus Titus is friggin due for a push, after that whole thing where their manager AW got fired, they never gave these guys a legit chance at the spotlight.

Cesaro on the flip side, if he had the IC title, he'd pretty much be facing the same people he already faces I bet. I think he'd be better off transitioned into a main eventer roll slowly, not getting matches for the title, but some programs with top guys. With the IC title, he will probably just feud with the Miz and Kofi Kingston again.
I think age has a lot to do with not pushing Titus. I mean...he's actually old enough to be my dad (albeit, a young dad, but still). I just can't see them building him up to be credible enough and have room for him to handle a title when there are multiple dudes in line before him.

I think if Cesaro were to get it, he'd end up feuding with dudes like Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, RVD, Ziggler, Mark Henry, and other people who have held titles before or even been on main event level (although the list would be a tad more expansive/impressive if Cesaro was face, but he ain't).

Who knows? Your idea seems just as plausible, though, especially the idea of slowly building Cesaro up to main event level.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.