Wrestling Forum banner

Why is Becky facing doudrop

4K views 49 replies 30 participants last post by  Scissor Me Daddy-O!! 
#1 ·
I can’t take this match serious. I don’t think anyone believes doudrop will beat Becky. At this point I’d take liv Morgan again or Naomi or even Natalya. I guess the match could be okay but i just I don’t see doudrop beating Becky. I think this would be a big upset. But they could at least put someone more believable in their. I don’t see www letting doudrop beat the female face of the company and I don’t think anybody does

#3 ·
Because it's the Rumble and it's not uncommon for them to throw a random one-off match for a title on the show. Besides they can continue to build the story between Bianca and Liv through the Rumble match itself rather than booking them in a match with Becky and having to come up with a DQ/screwjob finish that sucks.

#10 ·
After Liv failed to perform as anything beyond her lower mid-card ability level what else are they going to do going into the Rumble with a paper thin roster? Bianca would have been better for the Rumble so we don't have to see that again as a wasted slot at Mania, but Doudrop is more interesting cause it's new, even though she'll lose predictably. I'd rather see Lynch vs Viper or Piper than Doudrop, but it's WWE...what can we expect?

#24 · (Edited)
No one is beating Becky before WrestleMania. Regardless of who they would have had her face there is zero chance that Becky is losing. Doudrop at least can get a rub out of it. I doubt that Becky is going to beat her in 24 seconds or whatever. Doudrop will get some offense in, showing that she can hold her own against Becky...until Becky finds a way to win. So it would benefit Droudrop even when she loses.

#31 ·
Just filler, while the actual Women's Title angle plays out in the Rumble Match.
I'm guessing we're about to see Bianca win her second in a row, because really - who else do WWE have that could possibly be a realistic Rumble winner?

Anyone that was ready for the Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania push was released last year. WWE may as well do what they do best - rehash something we already saw, and then complain at us when we don't react with the same enthusiasm.

WWE's whole philosophy now: Make shit TV. Blame the fans for not liking it.

#34 ·
I think I would as well, if the story to warrant it could be produced and made compelling in time.

We've seen Becky vs. Bianca, and Becky and Bianca in a triple threat now. Their matches have generally been decent to good, and fairly enjoyable, but this feud that was already kinda generic and shallow to begin with feels like it has probably run its course. It's not really a compelling story partly because of how much WWE has shown its hand throughout, with booking the squash at Summerslam, to turning Becky heel and having to constantly be reduced to forced cheap heat, to the babyface skipping down the ramp and twirling her hair with a smile after every loss, to the overprotection. It's come off as very plastic looking, it hasn't really evolved much, and is probably overexposed as well, which seems to have robbed it of whatever ability it may have otherwise had to get or remain hot. Moreover, everyone seems to already be expecting how it all plays out, so that lessens the excitement, too, at least for me. I find that matches (especially matches with significant stakes on big stages) are much more interesting and exciting where the conclusion isn't a forgone conclusion, or where there's a reasonable chance of either opponent winning. Going forward with this would seem a lot like a formality, thereby making it less exciting.

It already feels kinda weird for Bianca to be getting as many title opportunities as she has been, especially after the Crown Jewel match, given that all the odds were stacked against Becky but she still managed to retain. I suppose this point could be circumvented with a Royal Rumble win, but considering that exact same path already happened just last year just compounds the issue of WWE showing their hand too much, again. It would feel even more plastic.

#49 ·
Filler opponent but tbh their match wasn't too bad it was solid in-ring work but i really do not care for their feud and the crowd was pretty much distracted from their match bec of the wrestlemania sign.
Who else could be her next possible feud? Answer is ....
Exactly. Waiting for Alexa Bliss to get 'better' and face Becky. WWE could build someone like Rhea too.

#50 ·
This was my Match of the Night. I hadn't seen any of Doudrop and she was great. It was lengthy, which worked since I wasn't paying attention at the start.

This was the best worked match, both opponents looking tough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.