Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abyss has featured more prominently on Impact! than anyone else this year, his matches have been terrible (except maybe the hardcore one with Desmond), his promos have been cringe-worthy and his mere presence can drag down even the best segments. I get that Hulk likes him, but plenty of Hogan's other guys like the Nastys and Jimmy Hart have been axed since they were brought in. Basically, why is the screaming retard in a cheap mask still on TV?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
hes an homegrown tna talent and hes not bad playing his monster character i don't care what the iwc saids,abyss pay his dues now hes being push which is fair

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Hogan likes him, that's all.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Because he is doing what every wrestler needs to be doing. Shuts the fuck up and doing what he's told to do. That's why Cena is at the top.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I dont care if he's original. He looks, sounds and wrestles like he's backyard. I don't care if he's "paid his dues". He's had countless chances to get over and hasn't. Any chance he had left disappeared when James Mitchell left, and he started to sound like a retard. Whether it was his decision or not, it was Abyss who played the character and in such a way as to completely destroy any heat he had. His lack of physical conditioning/fat as fuck appearance certainly doesn't help either.

Get him off TV.

·
Registered
415 Posts
hes an homegrown tna talent and hes not bad playing his monster character i don't care what the iwc saids,abyss pay his dues now hes being push which is fair
This, fundamentally. His character of late has been pretty lame but he is a valuable asset to the company for drawing fans of hardcore wrestling.

·
Registered
306 Posts
This, fundamentally. His character of late has been pretty lame but he is a valuable asset to the company for drawing fans of hardcore wrestling.
Abyss, draw fans?

Just because he has some boring matches with tacks and carries a pointless 2 by 4 with nails in it (which he never uses and can't feasibly use) it doesn't mean he draws fans of hardcore wrestling.

When was his last decent feud? The last guy who's heat he added to? He draws nothing.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Hogan likes him, that's all.
Hogan must be breast man :p

Did you just compare Abyss to Cena?
I agree with you on most things but this comment was un-necassary. Any two wrestlers can be compared, it's how they come out of it that matters. I could make a comparison between Bryan Danielson and Necro Butcher if I were so inclined but since we all know how that would go I won't bother.

However, Cena probably wasn't the best choice ...

I can compare him to other loyal hard wokrking wrestlers, if you want.
... I'd have gone with Hardcore Holly.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
He is also a very nice person. Just like Cena :)

Newsflash: Cena isn't on top just because he's a loyal hard working wrestler.
...and WWE's machine behind him? Oh yeah + timing + right friends.

Even in 2005, when he was the US champ, who seriously thought that he is going to be as big as he is right now?

Is Cena THAT charismatic? Is he an AMAZING wrestler? Great on the mic?

Loyal hard worker. That's all. And that's all you need in pro wrestling tbh.

·
Registered
319 Posts
...and WWE's machine behind him? Oh yeah + timing + right friends.

Even in 2005, when he was the US champ, who seriously thought that he is going to be as big as he is right now?

Is Cena THAT charismatic? Is he an AMAZING wrestler? Great on the mic?

Loyal hard worker. That's all. And that's all you need in pro wrestling tbh.
Do you honestly think that the only reason John Cena connects so well with the crowd is because the WWE Machine is behind him? How odd. The WWE Machine also strongly backed Triple H. Is Triple H as over as Cena? Nope. The only period that Triple H outdrew John Cena (talking peaks here) is when he returned from his quad injury in 2002. Yes, the WWE Machine is behind John Cena. Are there more technically gifted wrestlers than Cena in WWE right now? Yeah. Does he work the WWE Main Event Sports Entertainment style perfectly? Yep. Does he deliver on the mic? Yep.

What does Abyss have on John Cena?

(Other than age...)

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Tbf to Abyss, he'll put his body through so much for the sake of wrestling. He's a hardcore because of his limitations in the ring and he's been very entertaining over the years because of it. Obviously he features like he does because before that he was just lingering around so they've given him a big role to make him relevant. He's not a promo man and he should only really wrestle as a monster. Also you put him with the right people and he'll have a good match, Kurt Angle got a really good match out of him a few years back in a pay per view which name escapes me, I know it was just before the Don West heel turn.

·
Ippo > TNA
6,454 Posts
Tbf to Abyss, he'll put his body through so much for the sake of wrestling.
Yep. Risking his lively hood for several "this is awesome" chants from moronic IZ fans.

My biggest beef with Abyss is that his character was completely sucked dry with his AWFUL feud with Sting. The entire point of his character was that he was a mysterious monster and we knew nothing about his past. Then, Russo completely butchered it with his booking and now he's left in shambles.

Another little thing is that he does way too much in his matches by taking so many bumps. Less is more.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Hogan must be breast man :p

I agree with you on most things but this comment was un-necassary. Any two wrestlers can be compared, it's how they come out of it that matters. I could make a comparison between Bryan Danielson and Necro Butcher if I were so inclined but since we all know how that would go I won't bother.

However, Cena probably wasn't the best choice ...

Look, I know what you're saying. I respect the hell out of anyone who works hard. Abyss, I can tell he cares. He looks like shit but he cares. Cena did not get to the top out of sheer hard work. He has talent and charisma. Thats what it takes to be truly one of the all time greats.

I mean look at Austin. He had a tremendous work ethic, but if he didnt have all that natural charisma and talent, he would never have become the greatest of all time. Hard work can get you to the top. But its talent that cements you as a legend.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts