Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone here liked Goldberg when he first arrived, even buried the rest of the roster saying they should be more like him. Then because he had squash matches, everyone turned on him. Lesnar has been doing squash matches for the past 4 years with his stupid suplex city shtick. Everyone he's in the ring with isn't allowed to get offense or look like his equal. Never before has such asanine booking been defended by fans. Goldberg cuts his own promos, Lesnar meanwhile is trash on the mic. Lesnar can work a long match but history 2 moves is boring, he'd be nothing without his booking. Why on earth has people not turned on Lesnar?

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,123 Posts
Brock gets a lot of hate online and from the smarks in arena's.

Its worth noting both guys are still really over with the casual fans.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I don't think Lesbianar is any more liked that Goldberg. To be honest, if you are going by the "look" then Goldberg is far better than Lesbianar. Sure, he had the UFC run but that has no more to do with his skill in the entertainment part of wrestling than Goldberg's show about cars.

I think Lesbianar looks like he's permanently wearing a halloween costume, his face is hideous to say the least. I wish both were gone from the E

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cause Lesnar is "legit"
Hope you're being sarcastic. If not, why not have had Ken Shamrock destroy the the roster in the AE just because he was a real life fighter. No one else would've gotten over because they would've been treated like fodder.

Brock gets a lot of hate online and from the smarks in arena's.

Its worth noting both guys are still really over with the casual fans.
I never see Lesnar get the hate Goldberg gets here. Most people find ways to justify Lesnars absurd booking.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
-Lesnar has a legit background
-Lesnar isn't 50 years old.
-Lesnar can actually wrestle
-Lesnar was the one who really suffered most during their feud.

-Goldberg came in with a reputation of not caring for the business.
-Goldberg squashed Owens.

Honestly, I don't think most of these reasons actually make sense but this is what people use to justify their hate for him.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Hope you're being sarcastic. If not, why not have had Ken Shamrock destroy the the roster in the AE just because he was a real life fighter. No one else would've gotten over because they would've been treated like fodder.
Oh I am, that's usually the argument for Lesnar, he's a "legit badass" bla bla

·
Registered
913 Posts
People have soured on Brock since his comeback in 2012, specifically during the suplex city (post WM 33) run. As chimp mentioned, Lesnar can wrestle. The problem people have is that he doesn't anymore. If Brock was still in the frame of mind to have matches like he had vs Cena and vs Punk, then he'd still be favorably looked upon

big edit here: WM 33 should read WM 31.

·
Butter My Arse
11,763 Posts
I'm glad Goldberg is gone. He did fuck all for me tbh, and it seems he did fuck all for the WWE as well because nothing has changed ever since he left.

chek those numbers!111

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Because Lesnar actually gets physical for more than 2 minutes a match unlike lazy ass Oldberg. How is this even a question?

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
You have to understand how fluid and changing these things are. Brock had a BAD year. The story from Ambrose about how lazy he is. The fact that he got outed as a cheating little bitch using performance enhancers against Mark Hunt. He was very very rapidly losing his allure to most people. Then Goldie showed up and KILLED him and we all fucking loved it, because it made Lesnar look a little humble which was a good choice for him perception wise, and Goldberg was awesome. It was great.

Then Goldberg had a match with Kevin Owens, inserting himself into the single hottest storyline on Raw at the time, and did even less work than he did in the squash against Lesnar. This was way different though. It was a beloved smark champ and not the hated Lesnar. As much as people didn't like seeing KO having a pretty lame reign for 90 percent of his run(Until he killed Jericho at the festival) Goldberg went from being this awesome returning nostalgia pop squashing people like we wanted to see, to the guy who squashed the wrong person in the wrong time in the wrong place.

Any fool on this forum could have told you that Goldberg would be turned on if he inserted himself into the title scene and just shit all over KO and took the title and then went off TV for a month until Mania. In what alternate reality would he be cheered for that? It was the ultimate fuck you to the fans, the ultimate scenario maybe ever of an older part timer coming in and just taking over at Mania season only to fuck off after a pretty small amount of actual ring work. So Lesnar went from the boo fuck you guy to the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

People didn't love Lesnar so much as they wanted to see him kill the part timer who was EVEN LAZIER than suplex city.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Well, I hate Goldberg because of the fact that he has almost no talent for in ring performing but was pushed to the moon over guys 1000x better than him. This is the reason WCW and WWE have always used squash matches to get him over.

You want to see what happens when Goldberg is actually forced to work a full match? Watch his match with William Regal on the 2/9/1998 episode of Nitro. Goldberg could even keep up and he sucked so bad that even Regal's attempts to carry him ended up failing.

I could overlook his lack of in ring talent if it also didn't come with a huge ego and an underserved sense that he was better than everyone else. He kissed a lot of ass and got a lot of guys buried in his time in WCW. He treated other wrestlers and WCW staffers like dirt.

Lesnar on the other hand is one of the best in ring performers in the business. and despite not being much of a talker, can sell promos just by standing there and letting Heyman do his talking for him. In addition to that, he is also one of the most generous guys in the business when it comes to putting guys over. Despite his repution as a shooter when someone pisses him off, he is more than willing to put over up and comers and make them look good.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,132 Posts
Lesnar at least came back and gave some effort in his matches, and even put out a few great ones, including his classic with Punk. And even with the Suplex City thing, there's at least a clear story to his matches that you can get behind.

Goldberg literally shows up, hits two moves and that's it. I'm surprised he did as much as he did at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
My interest in Lesnar dropped significantly after piece of shit match with Ambrose. And then his other piece of shit match with Orton. I've never felt so cheated out of a main event as I did with Lesnar and Orton at Summerslam. At least when it happened to Cena at Summerslam 2014 it was a novelty shock and the first time it happened, and it was refreshing. I did enjoy Lesnar and Goldberg at Mania 33, however, because they were both booked to their strengths in an incredibly short match. But Lesnar's match quality started to take a nose dive after his HIAC match with Taker. Maybe that's the role Vince wants him to play but I hate it regardless. I want an actual match, not ten Germans and an F5.

And I have never been a Goldberg fan although I did warm up to him in his last run due to me getting older and being willing to give him a chance. And as hinted at above in my Lesnar comments, Goldberg is cast to be someone that doesn't sell. I hate it but it is what it is.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
I like both. Everybody can have a different opinion, but fuck whoever doesn't have a valid opinion for disliking either one (they're too old, they only do a few moves, etc.-these excuses make you automatically not matter to me)

Reactions: egnuldt and MOXL3Y
1 - 20 of 80 Posts