Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
John Cena expressed interest in being the gatekeeper to the new era, not the champion.

John Cena puts over more talent than anybody if you consider the power of a clean win over Cena.

Cursing does not equal power, nobody over the age of 16 thinks so.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
The Claire Lynch storyline was better. This has been terrible for AJ, his entire run so far in WWE has been a joke, he does not get the respect he deserves, he's the best talent they have had in their company consistently in awhile, and this is how they use him, burials at the hands of Reigns and Cena. (Yes its coming)

Rather than put him in the spotlight and allow him a chance to showcase how Phenomenal he really is. They put him in fueds against Reigns/Cena to help them and make them look better, because AJ Styles doesn't need them to get over, or to put on a good match, or to get the crowd interested in what he's involved in, but they need him. And its a waste of his talent IMO.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The Claire Lynch storyline was better. This has been terrible for AJ, his entire run so far in WWE has been a joke, he does not get the respect he deserves, he's the best talent they have had in their company consistently in awhile, and this is how they use him, burials at the hands of Reigns and Cena. (Yes its coming)

Rather than put him in the spotlight and allow him a chance to showcase how Phenomenal he really is. They put him in fueds against Reigns/Cena to help them and make them look better, because AJ Styles doesn't need them to get over, or to put on a good match, or to get the crowd interested in what he's involved in, but they need him. And its a waste of his talent IMO.
I didn't feel so bad about the Roman shit, clearly AJ was the good guy there. I thought that would be a transition into something more for him, though. Now where are we? Cena, the ultimate face, has run him down, even calling him a fraud, before he lost AGAIN.

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
So if Styles does not get elevated above the entire roster. His run has been a joke? The guy may be a legend outside WWE. But he's new to WWE. When the guy does win the title (HE well). Prob still be bitching. He is prob the most over guy in WWE right now. Considring Reigns and Cenas booking, they are not going to make TNA Top Guy make Cena look like a chump. But they have also made Styles held his own. I am just not subscribing to the idea, that they have ruined Styles. I just don't see it. It's John Cena, tell me again the good joke that Cena puts talent over? Oh yeah cos he put over 2? He buries more then he puts over. Nexus, Bray Wyatt, Damion Sandow e.t.c. I mean come on now. Cena well beat Styles at BG. Who knows what well happen at SS. I am thinking Styles well beat Cena for the title at SS.

·
Baby Yoda
29,768 Posts
Losing to WWE guys was bound to happen.

I just hope they continue to give him the time and opportunity to showcase why he's one of the best workers in the world.

IMO Great matches > Title reigns.

One mark against the WWE right now is the booking, The Club are completely killing the end of AJ's matches. Their interruptions are making it harder for AJ to take his matches to the next level.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The way it should have went:

-AJ stays face and wins the first match clean at MITB
-Cena wins clean at SS
-Brand split happens and the two are on different shows
-Cena becomes champion on his show
-Styles wins the RR and challenges Cena for the title at WM
-Cena turns heel and wins dirty (crowd goes absolutely ape shit)
-Hollywood Cena
-New Era delivered

·
Baby Yoda
29,768 Posts
It's a bad feud because Cena is the only one who's able to talk, but his character is stale and doesn't appeal to adults. Meanwhile, AJ sounds like he has Asperger's syndrome when he talks. He's a feud killer.
I know what draws in North America.

:ambrose4 1.87

3 weeks in and he's already on the way to becoming the lowest drawing champion of ALL TIME.

·
Baby Yoda
29,768 Posts
Look at this guy getting easily shook by someone pointing out facts about his boy.
What you posted aren't facts, here are some facts.

Raw setting an all time low record with Dean as champion - check
Dean being outdrawn by midcarders and jobbers - check
Dean 3 weeks into his reign breaking all time low records in consecutive weeks - check
Dean moving the needle on other measures such as merch and Youtube views - Gimmie a hell NO.

Can you just admit you don't have a clue what draws in North America already. This has just gotten embarrassing and backfired on you big time. Ambrose hasn't moved the needle in the slightest, in fact, Reigns has proven he's a significantly bigger draw than Ambrose.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
What you posted aren't facts, here are some facts.

Raw setting an all time low record with Dean as champion - check
Dean being outdrawn by midcarders and jobbers - check
Dean 3 weeks into his reign breaking all time low records in consecutive weeks - check
Dean moving the needle on other measures such as merch and Youtube views - Gimmie a hell NO.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts