Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it has been really unnecessary to vacate the WWE title for this long, and I can't help but wonder what they're doing at house shows as i heard the reason for 2 world titles is so there can be a defence at every house show. I believe they're testing the waters to see what happens at the house shows where there is no title defence so that they can possibly unify the titles. I think this has been reinforced with Cena vying for the WHC, and at WM we'll see cena vs punk for the unified world wrestling entertainment heavyweight championship

·
Registered
850 Posts
They just spent all that money on the new WWE Title... don't think a unification is coming anytime soon...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Nah, they're just bad writers. Inconclusive endings to 2 straight ppv's really convinces parents to shell out for that third one, right?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
This is how it goes down: Cena, who is not truly ready to return, will lose against Alberto Del Rio. Sandow will come out and cash in the briefcase, and fail. Later on in the PPV we find out that there is a clause in the WHC MItB contract that states that if the cash in is unsuccessful, the contract then moves on to the person it was cashed in on. The stipulation also states that the contract now becomes for any title, and Cena cashes it in at the end of the PPV after Orton wins.

Vacant becomes Cena in one night.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is how it goes down: Cena, who is not truly ready to return, will lose against Alberto Del Rio. Sandow will come out and cash in the briefcase, and fail. Later on in the PPV we find out that there is a clause in the WHC MItB contract that states that if the cash in is unsuccessful, the contract then moves on to the person it was cashed in on. The stipulation also states that the contract now becomes for any title, and Cena cashes it in at the end of the PPV after Orton wins.

Vacant becomes Cena in one night.
I don't see how this works. If Cena loses and Sandow is unsuccessful, then how does Cena get the contract? This clause you've mentioned would make no sense as Cena will have earned a title shot by losing a match.

they can still unify the titles and keep the new WWE title design as the Undisputed one.
I agree. I don't understand why people keep bringing this up, when the original Undisputed champ, Jericho, continued to use the two belts rather than getting a new one.

As to whether or not we will be getting a unification soon, I would like to see it done, but am unsure whether it will happen soon. I think it would work well to have one 'main guy' and a few challengers to his title, then improve the IC and US divisions, having one mostly on each show.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I don't see how this works. If Cena loses and Sandow is unsuccessful, then how does Cena get the contract? This clause you've mentioned would make no sense as Cena will have earned a title shot by losing a match.
Yeah I messed that part up, that was the most important part! Doh, not enough coffee when I posted.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Not quite. The tours currently have Orton vs Bryan for the WWE title on one show (sometimes with Booker T as the guest ref) and the other will soon have ADR vs Cena.

By the time the UK tour starts there will be a title match on both tour sets.

Good theory but I doubt we will see a unification any time soon.

·
Registered
421 Posts

I agree. I don't understand why people keep bringing this up, when the original Undisputed champ, Jericho, continued to use the two belts rather than getting a new one.

As to whether or not we will be getting a unification soon, I would like to see it done, but am unsure whether it will happen soon. I think it would work well to have one 'main guy' and a few challengers to his title, then improve the IC and US divisions, having one mostly on each show.
Cena has his Cena in the bank contract, so he'll get his title shot regardless.

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Because Vince and HHH would rather nobody hold the title than Daniel Bryan hold it for a long period of time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts