Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not just have the main eventers only wrestle on PPV and have the midcard carry the wrestling aspect on the TV shows. Have the main eventers on the shows to cut promos of course, but don't have them wrestling on the TV shows except against midcarders and even then only occasionally, never against each other except on special shows and never every week (though the ME's can alternate). Number 1 contenderships can be done on the PPV. Why have your main event guys wrestling on TV for free so much and diminish their ability to bring in PPV buyrates; they'll still draw the crowds to see them live and cutting promos (and if they don't why the **** are they main eventers).

As a benefit, the midcard has a better chance of getting the viewers to take notice of them when they get the chance to have strong matches. Them being secondary characters naturally makes any of their storylines or promos less important by default but all fans love a good match as long as the performers in question are more entertaining than watching paint dry (which is definitely subjective) and actually get crowd reactions. It'll be easier for the midcarders to get over if the ME's aren't taking up the majority of match time as well (when they wouldn't or shouldn't even need to).

What do you guys think?

(P.S. I pretty much know Smackdown doesn't exactly have this luxury with their **** roster)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Re: Why have the main eventers wrestle on TV and diminish their ability to be PPV dra

It's become expected that the main events wrestle on tv show, i can't see many people watching a company's show that doesn't featuring their top stars wrestling.

You give people just a little bit they're gonna start wanting more.
With the midcard so shallow in quality wrestlers, i don't see that idea lasting long.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Re: Why have the main eventers wrestle on TV and diminish their ability to be PPV dra

Being a big draw has been sacrificed to be a continuous draw. It will never go back to how it was because wwe doesn't wanna make stars. They want to make unmissable shows. They could care less what in shape people were actually in the ring, as long as the universe keep watching and kids do what kids do. Despite how over the kids make the bland faces, they don't want that kid to follow them over Cena.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

well, thats how it used to be. in all honesty, you saw even midcarders wrestle what they called back then, "enhancement talent" and rarely eachother. then again, that was when wrestling was on but an hour a week and not 5 or 6 like it is now.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It's become expected that the main events wrestle on tv show, i can't see many people watching a company's show that doesn't featuring their top stars wrestling.

You give people just a little bit they're gonna start wanting more.
With the midcard so shallow in quality wrestlers, i don't see that idea lasting long.
To be fair, having the ME's only wrestle on PPV wouldn't be THAT dramatic of a change if they are still around to cut promos. Hell, they could still have the ME's wrestling as long as it's against midcarders & not each other and that each ME's isn't wrestling every week.

To your second point: Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus & Christian (arguably midcarders), Jack Swagger, Morrison, Zack Ryder (lowercarder who could easily be elevated), Del Rio (who SHOULD be a midcarder) and if you wanna stretch it a bit, Sin Cara and Wade Barrett.

They also have Tyler Black and Richie Steamboat who they (for some stupid reason) still have in FCW, and lowercarders like Gabriel & Tyson Kidd who are good but not over enough. The complaints against the midcard weren't ever really about how it was weak wrestling wise afterall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts