Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been like this since the show started (tape at thursday and tv on friday) but it's really bad on the viewership/ratings having it on a week-end night where most of people,especially the casual viewers (that is great part of WWE's target), are generally out. Why don't have it at a Thursday or a Wednesday? It would increase alot the ratings and the product popularity.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most of the time it's actually taped on Tuesday. But ya I agree Firday night is a stupid time to have it thursday would be way better. I just watch SD on youtube anyway

·
Registered
816 Posts
Agreed. I usually end up just watching the results on wwe.com because I'm out Fridays.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
When it first started, it was on Thursday nights on UPN

I believe they moved to Friday when the show moved to CW network

the show is taped on Tuesdays btw

·
Registered
261 Posts
Smackdown is my favorite WWE show, and I usually stay home to watch it, but I haven't seen it in over two months now because I have been busy going to different things.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I want to say that the show was moved to Friday nights because of a network change at the time. However, I do agree that it should be on Thursday night instead because how often are people that aren't wrestling fans to begin with actually going to tune in on a Friday night?

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Who are you kidding... Vince knows the majority of his fan base isn't going to be going out on a Friday night.

I might shoot myself if I stayed home on a Friday night to watch wrestling....

... that being said, if I happen to be home on a Friday night and remember it's on then I might watch it. There's a very small chance of me watching it even if I'm home on a Friday night right now with today's current product, however.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
even when i'm home on a friday night i rarely ever watch smackdown when it's on air. i came in to say thursday would be a better time, but ladycroft makes a good point, most wrestling fans wouldn't be out on a friday night anyway.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I always wondered the same thing. Everyone goes out on Friday night, so why the hell would you have your show then?

Bring the show back to Thursday nights where it belongs!

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,554 Posts
Smackdown aired on Thursday nights until Sep 2005 when it moved to Friday nights on UPN. As for if it maid more since from a viewership standpoint to have it on Thursdays or Fridays.....

Season Timeslot Network Years Rank Viewers(in millions)
5th Thursday 8/7C UPN 2003–2004 140 5.1
6th Thursday 8/7C UPN 2004–2005 106 5.1
7th Friday 8/7C UPN 2005–2006 120 4.3
8th Friday 8/7C CW 2006–2007 120 4.5

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Who are you kidding... Vince knows the majority of his fan base isn't going to be going out on a Friday night.
that says a lot about wrestling fans in general. Either too young to go out or something else.

But it still minimizes the ratings to go on Fridays. So I'm not sure why he's doing it.

I'm a 24 year old New Yorker. I couldn't sit home on a friday nite to watch wrestling (or most things for that matter) If I tried. And I'm not special, either. That's why the ratings are so low.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Since I played football this past season, I obviously wasn't home on Fridays, so I didn't catch SmackDown very often. That being said, I'm pretty sure ratings would be better if it aired on Thursdays

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
^I don't know where you're from, but over here it starts at 8.

Friday is a ridiculous day for a wrestling show, not good at all. They should make it earlier.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Yes its quite stupid that its on Fridays

Since TNA is on Thursdays Idk about putting Smackdown on at the exact same time ALTHOUGH TNA did try to get cocky and try Monday Night wars 2.0 and FAILED so it'd be pretty fuckin funny if Smackdown moved to Thursdays 8-10PM anyway

If they do , I'd think TNA would move its ass over to wednesdays probably

1 - 20 of 38 Posts