Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been a fan of wrestling for a long long time since the Mid south days with Paul Bosh Ive watched the evolution of it and through out there has never been a black champ. Some make the argument that the Rock had his shot but at the same time if you didnt know he was half black you would just think he was hawiian he dosnt come across as black.to add to that anyone who truly comes across as black gets tossed into these horrible steriotypical roles for example MVP,THE Godfather,Crime Time,Ron Killens aka the truth aka K quick,Mark Henry,Jay leathle,Ahmed Johnson,Monty Brown,Orlando Jordan,Elija Burke aka the POPE Deanglo Denaro,and a whole roster of others. Any black person who ever came close so how didnt get it and my question is why? I would like to say its the lack of black wrestlers but I honestly dont think thats it.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Ron Killings was the first black TNA-NWA champion. Ron Simmons was the first black NWA Champion. Booker T is a Five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time WCW champion, as well as a World Heavyweight champion in the WWE. And what's so stereotypical about anyone you mentioned after Killings?

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
Its not about race its about who's good or who isn't. There haven't been many black wrestlers who have been good enough to be a champion.I'm not trying to sound racist or anything ,I really hope I'm not but there are few black wrestlers to begin with and not many of them are actual good wrestlers. Although there have been very good ones but few and far between. Pope will eventually get the title though imo and he can certainly help carry the company becuase imo he's good enough. There shouldn't be more champions of a certain race , culture or whatever just bceause they're that race or culture.

There have been a lot of black champions but not many are world champions. The guys you listed are simply not good and thats not because they're black they're just not good. Booker,Ron Simmons,Pope,MVP and Jay Lethal are the only good guys and I'm being generous with MVP.They've all won titles but never main event guys except for Booker, and Ron Simmons. Pope will be there soon enough

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think it was a poster that was unaware there has been several Black Champions, or he's saying there should be more.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Ron Killings

(or 'R-Truth' as people know as these days). He was actually one of the first world champs in TNA, period. and won it multiple times if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
150 Posts
This thread reminds me of a quote that I read a very, very, very long time ago.

"Vince McMahon likes his jobbers just like he likes his coffee."

I shouldn't have laughed.

I personally think that the business has come a long way (in some regards at least) since the days of Koko B. Ware, Kamala, and Saba Simba. In other ways, not so much. That said, there have been black world champs and surely there will be many more. There is little doubt in my mind that The Pope will get there. Lethal, who has a long way to go but is still VERY young, is an extremely likely candidate as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think it's just a matter of how many black wrestlers were good enough to be champion and it also has to do with the proportion of non-black wrestlers to black wrestlers. Since watching wrestling in the mid 80s, I can't think of any black wrestlers who never got to be world champion that deserved to.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Guess I Can see being World Champion (Red)

The Rock
Booker T
Ron Simmons
Bobo Brazil
Mark Henry
Junkyard Dog
Rocky Johnson
Tony Atlas
D-Lo Brown
Godfather
Kofi Kingston
D-Von Dudley
S.D Jones
MVP
TAZZ
Virgil
King Mabel
Shelton Benjamin
Ron Killings
New Jack
Pope Dinero

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Ron Simmons?
Truth?

·
Banned
749 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
BLACK stereotype?
Totally, aren't all black men bi and able to take down just about anyone in the ring with their smashmouth style, despite them eyeing their competition suggestively. Black guys love the cock just as much as the pussy? They can be SOOOOO gay. ^_^

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
LOL @ Deangelo Dinero.

I think they've had a black champ again, but I could be wrong. AKA, I'm right, no matter what.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.