Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
He has been 'buried' quite a bit. Almost everyone bar his diehard fans would say that he's tarnished his reputation as one of the all time greats by coming back recently and doing the worst work of his career.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
He has been 'buried' quite a bit. Almost everyone bar his diehard fans would say that he's tarnished his reputation as one of the all time greats by coming back recently and doing the worst work of his career.
So what you're saying is he's no longer an all time great?

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
IWC can really only rally behind Cena hate. Since a majority of IWC members were AE fans you're just not going to get a large crowd booing the Rock. Heck they can't get HHH booed and he's much more controversial.

Rock's most likely done though so like every other feud once some time goes by and nostalgia kicks back in people will remember the good parts of his return and forget the rest. It will never be seen on par with the rest of his career but it's not as bad as his haters make it out to be either.

·
Registered
281 Posts
" Why Hasn't The IWC Buried The.... ahh IT DOESN'T MATTER !!! "

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
He is, he just looked like (and was) a useless wanker in his recent run.
I wouldn't go this far, but I'll say this, most people expected more out of him. He raised the bar so high in his prime that the fans couldn't accept anything less.

The only problem I have with his current run is his in-ring work. I know, he's in his 40's and he's not the same athlete he used to be, but for god sakes, the extra muscle he's put(for his movie roles) killed him as an in-ring performer. He should've never put on that much weight.

As far as his work on the mic, well, the last time I enjoyed him as a stick man was in 1999, but I still think that current Rock is a top 2 on the mic today.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The same people who criticize The Rock's work yearn for a watered down Pg version of Austin to return and feud with Punk and see him wrestle with fucked up knees at the age of 48

·
Registered
825 Posts
Watching the Rock in 2011-2013 was like watching Michael Jordon playing for the Wizards. It was kind of painful to watch an all time great not nearly at the level we were used to.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
The same people who criticize The Rock's work yearn for a watered down Pg version of Austin to return and feud with Punk and see him wrestle with fucked up knees at the age of 48
Austin was a shot to shit wrestler a decade ago, there is no way he would ever make a comeback, especially at this stage.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Watching the Rock in 2011-2013 was like watching Michael Jordon playing for the Wizards. It was kind of painful to watch an all time great not nearly at the level we were used to.
Exactly, but alot of people failed to realize that he was averaging 20pts per game, actually that's pretty damn good, but because he raised the bar so high in his prime, nobody accepeted anything less than a 30+pts per game.

·
Registered
8,231 Posts
lol still making threads about a guy who hasn't wrestled since WrestleMania. You haters are obsessed with Dwayne. But let's entertain the premise.

Dwayne's job was not to revive his career, or come back and one up what he did in the past. His job was to come back, headline two WrestleMania's, and pass the torch to John Cena for whatever reason. Maybe it was Vince's idea, or what not. Who knows. Oh wait, I do know. It's because The Rock is the biggest draw in wrestling today. And it was accomplished. And it's over with. Move on, Punk fans.

If you thought The Rock was going to wrestle every week, and put everybody on the roster over. You aren't very smart. And if you complain about it, you are even dumber.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Because he's the Rock and he's earned respect. Even if he was corny as hell some times he was still more entertaining than 90% of the roster.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Perfect analogy. Both were past their prime, but still better than half the roster.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
lol still making threads about a guy who hasn't wrestled since WrestleMania. You haters are obsessed with Dwayne. But let's entertain the premise.

Dwayne's job was not to revive his career, or come back and one up what he did in the past. His job was to come back, headline two WrestleMania's, and pass the torch to John Cena for whatever reason. Maybe it was Vince's idea, or what not. Who knows. Oh wait, I do know. It's because The Rock is the biggest draw in wrestling today. And it was accomplished. And it's over with. Move on, Punk fans.

If you thought The Rock was going to wrestle every week, and put everybody on the roster over. You aren't very smart. And if you complain about it, you are even dumber.
Wish I could rep you several times over for this.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
my guess is that they are too attached to the past

and apparently wwe are right there with them

·
PUSH BIG E
3,255 Posts
To be honest, this forum alone was a good representation of what was happening when Rock was feuding with Punk, then Cena Round 2.

There were massive Rock fan-boys, who at times were really past ridiculous with the things they were saying. There were Punk fan-boys, who were just as pissed that Rock, a part timer at that point, was going to take the WWE title. There were the people who were bringing up rational arguments, but getting attacked by both sides then, because the logic hurt both sides of fanboyism. Then there were the others who just didn't seem to care.

Did I like that he took the title off Punk? Hell no. Was it good for business? Most likely, yeah. Someone brought up the Micheal Jordan Wizard analogy. And it's a damn good one for this situation. I personally didn't like seeing him back, especially since he just didn't click like he did before. However, people still liked seeing him. He still sold out. My only beef with the feud with Punk, is that he didn't at LEAST put over Punk once. He could've got the title, but I at least would've liked to see Rock let Punk cleanly pin him, then the next PPV have Rock go after it, or something.

But yeah, IWC was split in opinions with the guy. It was a war-zone on here. It was funny.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
My only beef with the feud with Punk, is that he didn't at LEAST put over Punk once. He could've got the title, but I at least would've liked to see Rock let Punk cleanly pin him, then the next PPV have Rock go after it, or something.
He did put over Punk on the mic when he praised his title reign and called him badass and dangerous. And he was even pinned by Punk twice. Once the match was restarted and the second time Punk pinned him when there were no referees. So it was protective booking. And what's the point in Punk losing the title reign at Elimination Chamber when the very next PPV was Mania? These historic title reigns should end by big names at big PPVs which was at the Royal Rumble by the Rock.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
I love this stuff..never forget that a part time champion outdrew your tatted up, "Best in the World" moniker savior in one day. Just like that. And that's why they want him to main event WM XXX even though his schedule is out of this world for the rest of the year and the beginning of next year.

And why in the world would a feud that started with Punk sneak attacking the Rock end up with him pinning him clean? What kind of fuck wack and shaky booking is that? Yikes.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.