Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve always wondered why WWE only ever did one 6-man hell in a cell match 22 years ago, I thought it was a bit of a messy match but fun nonetheless. Is there a reason they’ve never done once since?

·
FOTC
11,494 Posts
I’ve always wondered why WWE only ever did one 6-man hell in a cell match 22 years ago, I thought it was a bit of a messy match but fun nonetheless. Is there a reason they’ve never done once since?
Lack of stars?

That match had huge starpower. I agree the match was entertaining.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Little reason to do one since they introduced the Elimination WrestleMania Chamber. They're very similar matches.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I suppose never the right story? Normally Hell in a cell matches are supposed to be for intense feuds which normally means 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 matches. I think the closest was the 3 vs 2 handicap match with the Mcmahons and Big Show vs DX (HHH HBK) in 2006. It's a bit harder to make a story centered around that many people at the same time. Unless it's a stable vs stable or something.

Looking it up too... Apparently there was another 5 man dark raw hell in a cell match in 2011 lol

Only lasted 5 minutes too... seems like a pointless match. I know Cena, Punk and Alberto had a hell in a cell match the next month so maybe that was to prep them lol

The elimination chamber being similiar is a good point too.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
16,682 Posts
They don’t cater to other wrestlers like they once did. It’s a shame because we can get so many great memories again.

·
Registered
14,012 Posts
Because match was a clusterfuck and not looked on favourably by anyone.

Lack of stars?

That match had huge starpower. I agree the match was entertaining.
2005-09 they could have done Cena, Batista, Edge, Orton, HHH, Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, Jericho

2011-15 Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Reigns, Rollins, HHH, Ambrose, Lesnar, Undertaker

Nah there was plenty of 'star power' there. It wasn't that.

2000 match involved Rikishi for fuck sake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts