Wrestling Forum banner

Why has there been no US title anything as of late?

2029 Views 25 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Xiphias
IS there some sort of reason?
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
I am just wondering though is there a reason for it? like how many PPVS has there been since the last US title match?
I'll try and think of an answer...maybe it's the fact that they have nothing for daniel bryan, I mean people talk about having "meaningful" feuds with him but since they gave the man literally no character, the worst entrance, the worst name...there is really nothing to write, he hasn't had a memorable feud outside of the miz, which was really because the miz made the feud not bryan.

Now maybe if that's the case why not give it to people like morrison or sheamus, mainly because it's been done before, or they shot so many people to the top already that they all are sitting in midcard hell till the top needs a new spot, because getting that belt wouldn't mean anything to there career, also when everyone has the same basic feud the titles stop meaning really anything...

No one cares anymore really that's all, that's why nexus never won titles during there "dominant" run cause it's an afterthought and nothing more. It's just tradition now to have them, not to really use them.

· Registered
81 Posts
I would like to see Sheamus as the US champ I really do not like DB I know people like him from ROH or whatever but he is a tool in WWE
A lot of people would, but I think they over shot him, and now they don't want to give him either title cause it either downplays him or takes time away from other people, he's pretty much gonna be doing nothing til triple h comes back. Seriously, that's all he has right now, Orton can't feud correctly with anyone, and Cena turned him into a walking joke, soo...yeah he's kinda just stuck for now.

· Premium Member
13,454 Posts
The next time Bryan has a challenger, that person is more than likely the next champion, since WWE only remembers its midcard titles when it wants to put them on one person and not another.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
I think you mean on-screen defends.. Cause he just had a dark match defend against ted dibiase on EC2011
And I quote........
Daniel Bryan beat Ted DiBiase to retain the WWE United States Championship in a dark match prior to tonight's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view from the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California. Bryan made DiBiase tap in the LeBell lock.
-source from ...................

· Registered
5,130 Posts
I think you mean on-screen defends.. Cause he just had a dark match defend against ted dibiase on EC2011
And I quote........

-source from ...................
Dang, i want to see that match. :(

· Registered
4,159 Posts
I have just made a similar thread in here, asking if people are missing the really good and meaningful feuds for the Intercontinental Championship and the United States Championship like I am. But yeah, he's probably running out of contenders, and if they're not going to make Sheamus a contender, then he probably won't get real contenders until after the draft. And I don't see him defending it at Mania either, since I see him as a part of the Money in The Bank Ladder match.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.