Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After coming back re-gimmick under Tensai and being pushed hard where he defeated Cena & Punk, how could he ever accept turning into a joke of a character dancing with Brodus Clay in a tag-team?

Complete disgrace to his successful japan gimmick, should have just been repackaged back as A-Train. Surprising that he is still around.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Money son Money. He knows he is getting there in age and doesnt have many years left. He is probably having so much fun doing what he is doing. Plus he has a little kid at home so this role is good for him

Reactions: O Fenômeno

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
This is his last run. If he were to leave voluntarily, I don't see WWE ever bringing him back.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
a) Sweet T is boss.

b) I'd dance around in a negligee for the kind of money he's making.

·
Premium Member
10,533 Posts
As mentioned, money. Plus it seems as if they are wanting to transition him into some sort of commentary role. In addition to be appearing on the pre-show panel for Battleground, he did commentary for an episode of NXT during the most recent set of tapings.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
I don't blame him at all for sticking around for the money.

I'd do it as well if I was in his situation. Matter fact, I'd do it if I wasn't in his situation. :lmao They pay good money.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
He's winding down his career, doesn't have to work very hard, gets paid a lot and travels with his friends making children cheer for him. Not a bad way to wind a career down.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I don't blame him for sticking around. The money reasons are valid. It's still gotta be a little embarrassing though to go from the serious Tensai gimmick to the dancing buffoon he is today.

·
Registered
979 Posts
He makes a lot more money jobbing in WWE than he did destroying his body in Japan.
Someone posted his salary not too long back but I can't remember it. It was something like $300,000 a year in WWE though.

·
The Whole Shebang
970 Posts
The real question is: Why are WWE keeping him around? Not because he isn't good, but because is the numbers that were floating around about what they are paying him are true there is no way he is making them a return on their investment.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Before he signed with the WWE recently his wife just had a new baby. NJPW let him talk with WWE so he could try to get a contract and be closer to his family. From what he has said in interviews the door is open for a return to NJPW when he is ready.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
After coming back re-gimmick under Tensai and being pushed hard where he defeated Cena & Punk, how could he ever accept turning into a joke of a character dancing with Brodus Clay in a tag-team?

Complete disgrace to his successful japan gimmick, should have just been repackaged back as A-Train. Surprising that he is still around.
Very markish way to view things.

He his great friends with Triple H and will always be figured in likely down in NXT.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Six-Figure salary as a tag team partner face, who makes children cheer every single time, and slower-paced matches compared to Japan.

Yeah, he's definitely going to stick around. Great life~

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Well i guess that all depends how much it costs to travel all year....

Also, the length of his deal. If he negotiated 5 years (knowing he probably only had a couple of good years left in him)with part of travel expenses that that would be a pretty sweet nest egg.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts