Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that he was injured but it has always disappointed me the way Steve went out, I mean he was THE MAN, one of the two, if not the biggest star ever in wrestling, and he just kind of fizzled out, great match at Wrestlemania 19, but we didn't know it was his last match, then he became the commissioner or whatever, but this guy deserves a better send off. He says his neck is fine now and he will wrestle if the right match comes about, but man the dude should have had a last run already and a final retirement match. followed by a damn proper send off, he deserves it more than the money grabber Rick Flair.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I understand that he was injured but it has always disappointed me the way Steve went out, I mean he was THE MAN, one of the two, if not the biggest star ever in wrestling, and he just kind of fizzled out, great match at Wrestlemania 19, but we didn't know it was his last match, then he became the commissioner or whatever, but this guy deserves a better send off. He says his neck is fine now and he will wrestle if the right match comes about, but man the dude should have had a last run already and a final retirement match. followed by a damn proper send off, he deserves it more than the money grabber Rick Flair.

He got a great send off having a great match with his biggest opponent,marking the end of an era(rock/austin)

I would love to see him do 1 more match or a couple more if he can take it

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He already had a sendoff in the best possible way and it wasn't surrounded but the cheesy atmosphere around him like "oh its his last match, oh I'll miss him", he simply walked out of the company before the next scheduled Raw. That was simply amazing instead of those lame career matches like Ric Flair had with HBK, because if SCSA is done he's done, but he can also go back and wrestle while Flair had a retirement match and had to go to TNA to continue wrestling because it doesn't make any sense to wrestle in the WWE after you lost the retirement match and had a real big emotional send-off like he did.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
He needs a prominent role on RAW imo. Not necessarily as a full time wrestler but maybe to oppose Big Johnny or something and obviously stomp one or two mudholes and walk them dry!!!!!!

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,412 Posts
He got a great send off at Wrestlmania 19, what else could you ask for? Losing to CM Punk isn't really a great send off to me, because it's predictable really, but I suppose it would do Punk justice to go over Austin and would make for a fued. However if Mania 19 was his last match ever, then I wouldn't be disappointed he went out the way a wrestler of his calibre should.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He needs a prominent role on RAW imo. Not necessarily as a full time wrestler but maybe to oppose Big Johnny or something and obviously stomp one or two mudholes and walk them dry!!!!!!
he already did that as the commisioner or whatever against Bischoff, and it was... meh.

Austin is at his best when he's in a match, the other stuff is great but I want to see him get 30 minutes against a good opponent thats all.

·
Registered
645 Posts
"When it takes Stone Cold Steve Austin to long to get up, to long to fall down, then it's time for Steve Austin to move along and let someone else do this thing" - Stone Cold Steve Austin

He doesn't need a send off, nor does he want one. Stone Cold Steve Austin is above that.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I liked the Austin/Bischoff thing it would be good to see something like that again.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I really wouldn't want Austin to come back even for one more match, Finishing the greatest wrestling career in history losing to the Rock at Wrestlemania to end arguably the greatest feud of all time is a hell of a lot better than coming back and putting on a match which probably wouldn't live up to his standards given how long he has been out of the ring coupled with his previous injuries. Leave his career and the ending to it the way it is because it perfectly represents the man himself

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
He already had a sendoff in the best possible way and it wasn't surrounded but the cheesy atmosphere around him like "oh its his last match, oh I'll miss him", he simply walked out of the company before the next scheduled Raw. That was simply amazing instead of those lame career matches like Ric Flair had with HBK, because if SCSA is done he's done, but he can also go back and wrestle while Flair had a retirement match and had to go to TNA to continue wrestling because it doesn't make any sense to wrestle in the WWE after you lost the retirement match and had a real big emotional send-off like he did.
Exactly. A cheesy send off or a last match announcement wouldn't have been the Stone Cold way.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
I liked the Austin/Bischoff thing it would be good to see something like that again.
I wouldn't. Austin has done the anti-hero schtick opposing the boss over and over now - if he comes back I want to see him put over someone at Wrestlemania. Punk has now been built up as the guy that says "fuck you" to the boss and they should run with it, because we should look ahead to the future and it's a formula that works.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
truth is , having Austin in the middle of the ring getting all teary while every wrestler claps in the ring and on the stage would look cheesy stupid , and would make it look phoney

i think that Austin didn't want a send off , something tells me he's not all for it , it doesn't suit him keyfabe and reality wise

i guess he loved the way he left , which was the perfect way to go out , having one last match in the biggest event of the year against you're biggest rival ever ..

plus the way he lost was epic , it was like watching Brave Heart , he died fighting , it took his opponent 4 finishers to put him out .. it made him look tough even in his last match , besides , that moment after Rock won and sat next to austin thanking him was iconic

i'd take Austin's way of sending off over Flair's at any day

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
I wouldn't. Austin has done the anti-hero schtick opposing the boss over and over now - if he comes back I want to see him put over someone at Wrestlemania. Punk has now been built up as the guy that says "fuck you" to the boss and they should run with it, because we should look ahead to the future and it's a formula that works.
honestly i don't get that vibe from punk .. he doesn't strike me as the guy who would do whatever he wants however he wants like how austin was

he strikes me as the guy who after getting threatened by the boss would go all "ooh whatcha gonna do , fire me? " and then hides it with a nervous smile

while austin's character was much more badass and rebellious , but yeah i guess the point is that punk's character is the only one with an edge to it , which i agree with

·
The legend never dies
4,358 Posts
Austin was THE guy in professional wrestling, he was on top of the mountatin he did everything he wanted, the best way you can go out is on your own terms and steve wanted rock to be his last match. if he never wrestled again he would still be that top guy imo

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
current Punk would not be right for Austin. Straight Edge heel Punk with the SES on the other hand I think could have had a great feud with him but I still would prefer if Austin just left his career as it is

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Retired wrestlers should stay retired, even the legendary Steve Austin.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts