Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
They buy into the hype and the bias. It's unreal. Meltzer loves wrestlers that love him (Gargano) and the people that feed him dirt, like Heyman.
Putting on my best tinfoil hat Orton has actually had many 5-star matches but because he is not friends with Meltzer, the Masonry and the KGB, and Vince doesn't pick the right stadiums we, bland sheep who "buy into the hype and bias", are left with the idea he has a poor catalogue of classics. He has had so many of them after all!

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,700 Posts
Orton doesn't have great non gimmick matches because he always works at the same pace no matter the opponent or the story being told-- it makes his non gimmick matches indistinguishable unless it has a unique RKO like his match against Seth at WM 31.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
To me, one that always stuck out to me was the match where Ted Dibiase Jr. was about to stand up to him but I think got an RKO. I can't remember the match itself, I just remember that specific moment and how well done it was between both Orton and Dibiase Jr. I remember the facial expressions, the build up, Ted Jr. getting teary eyed and the sinister look of Orton more than any of the wrestling to be honest.

Unpopular opinion but I actually liked his first PPV match with Jinder but the feud started going into dead territory shortly after that and did not need to continue for 3 consecutive PPVs.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Putting on my best tinfoil hat Orton has actually had many 5-star matches but because he is not friends with Meltzer, the Masonry and the KGB, and Vince doesn't pick the right stadiums we, bland sheep who "buy into the hype and bias", are left with the idea he has a poor catalogue of classics. He has had so many of them after all!
HUH?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Why does someone like John Cena have MUCH better matches against AJ Styles and CM Punk than Orton did?
I wonder why? oh I know. because fans in the last decade or so really REALLY like moves and lots of them. they also like when the matches are at a faster pace. Cena was willing to do that. Orton is not that type of wrestler. thats it.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,144 Posts
I'm sure you could pick out a bunch of high quality, really entertaining matches that Randy Orton has been in, but people have different tastes so maybe Orton's stuff isn't for everyone. All I know is, that Orton seems to get a lot of praise from his co-workers about being one of the best workers in the business and that in itself is high praise.

2,071 Posts
Orton is an oldschool dude. Deal with it, you're not gonna expect dives, flips, and more moves from him. I myself as a fan is more into his character work than his matches.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Because of his wrestling style, he works an an extremely low, methodical pace, for that reason sometimes his matches turn out pretty good, but never really explode your head.

Orton lacks the ability to "blow out" peoples minds with his wrestling.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I've seen better excuses. Orton has only had one 5-star match in his career. You can twist it upside down, come up with all type of crap about psychology and stories as if Orton was the only superstar to know the importance of a story, and you can pretend you think he actually had bouts of astounding interest in and out of themselves...but he hasn't. Replies in his favor with a superior tone do nothing to change it.
According to who? There is no such thing as a 5 star match, Dave Melzers opinion means jack shit.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts