Wrestling Forum banner

Why has no enterpeneur ever thought of making those "dream cards" we all crave?

1170 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  USAUSA1
I was wondering recently, with all this talk of Undertaker vs. Sting at Wrestlemania, if it didn't happen, could some enterprising businessman create a one-off event pitting the two against each other once they've retired from active competition for one final match, with Big fight-style build-up similar to a massive Boxing event, instead of a weekly-storyline based build-up?

In short, I'm asking why no bright spark has thought to create a one-off Big fight supercard with all the dream matches you so dearly want to see on PPV. I'm sure most of the superstars in retirement would be willing to come back for one night and a big paycheck, don't you?

Is it just the ton of money involved in running such an event, because I'm sure an event with matches like Hogan vs. Austin would pull in astronomical buyrates and a massive attendance and make a ton of moolah.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Heroes of Wrestling was one such scenario and it flopped, the investor is in it for the money so they might as well put that money into WWE stocks

· Premium Member
4,996 Posts
It will still depend on who's going to promote and fund the whole event, if there's any. Other than WWE, TNA, etc.

· Registered
1,563 Posts
If a promoter came along and did ONE event with the DREAM CARD, there would be several problems... The price of advertising and promotion to let everyone know its happening, having the capital to book million dollar wrestlers and buildings/ health and safety/ pyro/ etc, also whos dream card is it? Half the people who read the advert might just think 'meh that isn't my dream card'... those are all the reasons I can be bothered to state.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
even if someone did come along what is the best possible card one can do with the talent available

rough stab;
Kaval vs Carlito

Boogeyman vs Blue Demon Jr

U-Gene vs Heidenreich

Sandman vs Jim Duggan

Wrestlicious OTTR Rumble inc Raisha Saeed and Serelda with JimmyHart as Guest Ref

La Resistance vs Too Cool and Rikishi

Scott Goldman vs Braden Walker

Tag Team Turmoil
The Pirates (Paul Birchill and Pierre Oulette) vs Deuce N Domino vs The Superheroes (HurriShane and Rosey) vs Jimmy Wang Yang/Kung Fu Naki vs Crimex2 (Shad/Homicide) vs ICP

Ultimate Warrior vs Sting vs Goldberg vs Sid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.