Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant believe our face of the company has not challenged the streak. I think they last feuded back in 2003 when Undertaker was the Bad-ass Taker and Cena was the heel rapper gimmick. And I remember them having a match when Cena was champion and Undertaker went on to challenge Batista but they did tease a feud between him & Cena. But I think their last match against each-other was in 2007. Which I think was ridiculous, they should have never fought on 'free-tv' when Cena in 2007 was main-event material.

I cant believe rumors are circulating Lesnar vs Taker which would be absolutely stupid. Lesnar already beat a younger Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell back in the day, now Undertaker is more fragile and older.. it would just feel wrong to watch especially with a guy of Lesnar size.

Cena - Taker needs to happen and should happen at Wrestlemania 30. Cena is the only legitimate threat, and this is a feud I have personally been waiting for a long time.

Wrestlemania 30

John Cena vs The Underaker

BOOK IT VINCE!

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Taker has never fought the face of the company at a WrestleMania. Presumably because they didn't want to beat either guy, but with Cena, I don't see why he can't. He's not THE MAN in the same way that Hogan, Austin and Rock were, he's just the guy who draws the best in a shit era, and he's certainly lost at WrestleMania plenty of times before. Maybe the idea is that if Cena and Taker have 2 different matches, you get 2 drawing matches instead of just 1. Or the idea that scares me even more, that Cena's going to break the Streak but he's not going to face Taker until it's Taker's last match and he's definitively retiring. They can expect trash thrown into the ring if that ever happens.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
It's a weird situation, it would honestly be one of the bigger matches of the modern era due to the fact that it would honestly be unpredictable and that Cena genuinely has a chance to end the streak, not that I approve I would be horrified seeing him end the streak nor do I think would he want to, but you don't know.

The whole drawing on 2 matches instead of one is a possible argument, but if these 2 collided wouldn't it be a mega draw? I dunno but it would be very intriguing to see.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It's a weird situation, it would honestly be one of the bigger matches of the modern era due to the fact that it would honestly be unpredictable and that Cena genuinely has a chance to end the streak, not that I approve I would be horrified seeing him end the streak nor do I think would he want to, but you don't know.
I don't agree with that at all. Cena would jump all over that, he's got a huge ego. And he wouldn't even be worried about getting booed like hell because he already does.

The whole drawing on 2 matches instead of one is a possible argument, but if these 2 collided wouldn't it be a mega draw? I dunno but it would be very intriguing to see.
No way in hell would it be as big as a mega draw like Rock vs Cena. Undertaker's just not on that level. It's probably much easier to rationalize them having 2 big matches.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Because they wanted to keep building both, the streak, and Cena as face of the company. So when they actually collide at WM, it´s going to be bigger.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I don't agree with that at all. Cena would jump all over that, he's got a huge ego. And he wouldn't even be worried about getting booed like hell because he already does.

No way in hell would it be as big as a mega draw like Rock vs Cena. Undertaker's just not on that level. It's probably much easier to rationalize them having 2 big matches.
Wasn't there a rumour that Punk or Orton back at WM 21 I think could have ended the streak but whoever it was said no? I think Punk and/or Orton have as big egos as Cena if not bigger.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Cena ending the streak, then raising Undertakers hand at the end

Please, PLEASE NO

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
If this match doesn't happen it'll be the 2nd greatest match to never happen. Right behind Austin/Hogan

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Wasn't there a rumour that Punk or Orton back at WM 21 I think could have ended the streak but whoever it was said no? I think Punk and/or Orton have as big egos as Cena if not bigger.
If the rumor about Orton is true, Orton probably turned it down because he was still a relatively new guy, and at that point, he thought he wasn't ready to handle the pressure of THAT big a push, either that or he thought that getting such a huge push would lead to a massive backlash against him by the fans or the locker room.

As for Punk, Punk has said enough times that he didn't want to face Taker because it was too predictable that Taker would win. It was my understanding that Punk accepted the match on the condition that he end the Streak, and they said yes, and then they pulled it out from underneath him before he went out there and told him he wasn't winning at the point where he couldn't back out of it.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
If the rumor about Orton is true, Orton probably turned it down because he was still a relatively new guy, and at that point, he thought he wasn't ready to handle the pressure of THAT big a push, either that or he thought that getting such a huge push would lead to a massive backlash against him by the fans or the locker room.

As for Punk, Punk has said enough times that he didn't want to face Taker because it was too predictable that Taker would win. It was my understanding that Punk accepted the match on the condition that he end the Streak, and they said yes, and then they pulled it out from underneath him before he went out there and told him he wasn't winning at the point where he couldn't back out of it.
That's right, I remember hearing about that with Punk, he was always against facing Taker, he was happy to have earned his respect but that match was always gonna be predictable.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts

Lol no, Punk had no chance of ending the streak.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I think the only reason they haven't is because #1. They have been waiting for a "historic" moment. Like, WM 30 or Undertaker's retirement and #2. It's because they needed another match to draw. If you think Taker vs Cena is enough to draw on its own, you are crazy.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Not as big a draw as Cena's other recent matches.

Though I dunno who else Cena could face this year besides Taker...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.