Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when their used to be some diversity in what wrestlers wore. Some would wear the bret hart singlet, the mr perfect singlet, pants (Jericho, Benoit), or whole fits (Kane, taker).

Now, mostly all of the main guys wear trunks. (Punk, Bryan, Orton, axel, HHH,, del rio)

I miss the diversity of attire

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
I remember when their used to be some diversity in what wrestlers wore. Some would wear the bret hart singlet, the mr perfect singlet, pants (Jericho, Benoit), or whole fits (Kane, taker).

Now, mostly all of the main guys wear trunks. (Punk, Bryan, Orton, axel, HHH,, del rio)

I miss the diversity of attire

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Do you wear the same styles you wore 15 or 20 years ago?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
All three members of the Shield, Los Matadores, The Wyatt Family, Christian, Khali, Kane, Kofi, R-Truth, Mysterio, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder and Tyson Kidd all wear either long tights or pants. And the Usos wear long shorts.

Reactions: tready93

·
Registered
110 Posts
If I was a wrestler, I would definitely want to wear pants. I'd feel naked with just the trunks :$

·
Registered
252 Posts
The vast majority are body builders and like showing off their bodies. Not hard to figure out.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts

I'm with OP here, wearing something INTERESTING is a quick way to get over with me. For me, at least, wrestling is in large part, an art form. The sheer visual image is therefore important. I'm sick of trunks and tape. I want something striking. I want more color, more contrast, more of what makes powerful or interesting visuals.

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
There isn't a whole lot that can be done with in-ring attire without running the risk of becoming a cartoon. And in the pre-monday night wars, that was one of the biggest criticisms of the WWE.

That said, I've also noticed that the top stars have historically been in trunks. Outside of Cena.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Ryback
Mark Henry
Los Matadores
Usos
Shield
Goldust
Big E Langston
Brodus Clay
The Wyatt Family
Christian
RVD
3MB
Fandango
Kofi Kingston
Jack Swagger
Cena
Kane
RTruth
Santino
Tensai
Tyson Kidd
Zack Ryder

·
Registered
50 Posts
Real men wear skirts

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
Because everyone knows that generic trunks with little to no interesting design is only 1/3 of what it takes to become a superstar. The other parts are little to no gimmick and insipid music (courtesy of Downstait or a depressed Jim Johnston). Once they do that, only then will they be worthy of a 3-4 month push that will subsequently end on a low note and thus be moved back down the card or just taken off TV altogether in order to start all over again. For what reason you ask?

The creative team and the bookers:

:trips2

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
All three members of the Shield, Los Matadores, The Wyatt Family, Christian, Khali, Kane, Kofi, R-Truth, Mysterio, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder and Tyson Kidd all wear either long tights or pants. And the Usos wear long shorts.
Ryder and Kofi wear trunks, I think.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Ryder and Kofi wear trunks, I think.
Kofi has been in tights since he came back from his injury. Zack wears tights now too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts