Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
roh has some awesome talent, but tna never look to hire any of them. why is that? the last roh wrestler they signed was mcguinness in 2009. aries last year but he had been gone from roh for months. i just dont get it, they have turds like mexican america in the tag division, but cant sign the briscoes or wgtt. and it seems every few months wwe is taking 1 of their top guys (danielson, black, kings of wrestling). does cornette have something to do with it? we know he hates tna. do hogan and bischoff not like their talent? i just dont get it.

they can fix all their tag team and x division problems with a couple signings.
briscoes
generico
richards
edwards

i just hate seeing wwe take all their talent because i know they will be used like shit and become watered down in the ring, but tna never have interest in anyone. the talent in ovw isnt all that great either and its not like anyone i mentioned is old.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
It's easier said then done. ROH guys are under contract. Sinclair's contract are pretty tight now. Also you have to understand the mindset of TNA who are NOT in the business of creating new stars. Remember this is the company who at one point had The Briscoes, CM Punk, and Mickie James on their roster...and didn't give a shit.

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
since the Sinclair thing I'm pretty sure a lot of ROH talent are under contract now. from what I've heard TNA doesn't pay their undercard guys shit and books a lot of them pretty bad. look at how they used the Young Bucks. I'm sure it's a combination of many things. guys can probably make more money and have more freedom by taking a lot of other bookings as opposed to being stuck with TNA and leaving TNA in charge of their outside bookings. plus I'm sure some guys don't want to go TNA just to be afterthoughts wrestling on Xplosion. TNA probably should've taken advantage of other guys before Sinclair got them under contract, but it's too late for that now.

if I was a top ROH guy I'd probably stick with ROH and the indies. Aries is the only ROH guy that TNA has used well in recent memory and he's kinda stuck there because WWE didn't want him and he's burned a lot of his bridges on the independent scene anyway. plus TNA already has some remarkably talented guys that they use poorly anyway. they should focus on using those guys properly before scouting MORE and MORE talent.

Danielson and Punk have both made something of themselves in the WWE. Bourne has made a decent career for himself as well. if I was an ROH guy I'd much rather take my shot at the big money in the WWE than TNA. I seriously don't think there's any evidence that TNA will use ROH talent better than WWE has.

TNA seems more focused on bringing in smaller scale indy guys like Crimson and Robbie E and paying them peanuts.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It's easier said then done. ROH guys are under contract. Sinclair's contract are pretty tight now. Also you have to understand the mindset of TNA who are NOT in the business of creating new stars. Remember this is the company who at one point had The Briscoes, CM Punk, and Mickie James on their roster...and didn't give a shit.
The only reason TNA didn't keep CM Punk is because of the ROH Rob Feinstein thing so TNA won't let guys in ROH so CM Punk chose ROH instead

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
The only reason TNA didn't keep CM Punk is because of the ROH Rob Feinstein thing so TNA won't let guys in ROH so CM Punk chose ROH instead
he chose ROH over TNA which should tell you a lot in itself. TNA hasn't had a great track record with ROH stars. most of them are midcard afterthoughts or start out well, then get put on the backburner for Attitude Era relics.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
he chose ROH over TNA which should tell you a lot in itself. TNA hasn't had a great track record with ROH stars. most of them are midcard afterthoughts or start out well, then get put on the backburner for Attitude Era relics.
Don't forget what they did to Nigel McGuinness before his Illness, He went from feuding with Kurt Angle to being Abyssimania's bitch

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It tells you he picked the company that didn't give him the ultimatum. Now before you say anything about money or anything like that you more than anyone else should know CM Punk is not only stubborn, but has a tone of pride. TNA could have given him 1 million dollars to stay and he would have said FU and left. Just because of the ultimatum.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
because tna doesnt care about finding stars and building them ...they rather have the same fucking feuds every year with angle,hardy,rvd,anderson,sting and have hogan and bischoff take up a ton of time on bullshit while the rest of the guys go in circles in the undercard .....besides tna already has the "future of the business " on their roster already in garret bischoff so who needs any of those talented roh guys ??

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
TNA and ROH need to form a talent agreement, like they did prior to 2007. ROH could get access to company legends, such as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries etc. TNA could get access to Briscoe Brothers, Rod Strong, Eddie Edwards etc.

Could benefit both companies.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
1. It would be a dick move.
2. Loyalty.
3. ROH isn't stupid enough to let their best talents leave.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would like to see tna bring some of these guys in for open fight nite, but unfortunately, they will probably just use ovw and some rkk wrestlers.

as far as a merger, id love to see it and it would help both companies. but cornette, who i like, is stubborn and wouldnt do it because he hates dixie. wish he could see what a benefit it would be, especially for roh.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Eric and Hogan are so caught up in the past with their pig headedness that they have manipulated poor poor poor dixie into beliving that ROH is community theatre and nothing more

·
Banned
911 Posts
Eric and Hogan are so caught up in the past with their pig headedness that they have manipulated poor poor poor dixie into beliving that ROH is community theatre and nothing more
ROH is nothing more

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
This statement would be true if they didn't stop working with ROH 3 years before Hogan and Bischoff got there.

Almost the entire ROH roster is under a contract now with Sinclair.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts