Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I miss gimmicks
Im tired of guys with no or half a gimmick
By half I mean guys like Kofi, he kinda started out with a gimmick or had one but it's really nothing at all
IMO guys not having a defined gimmick really hurts their overness/ability to be distanced from the rest

Are gimmicks corny in 2011? Or are there no more ideas out there?
I'm thinking like random/crazy gimmicks like a magician or a tv repair guy :lmao

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
LOL, I love the idea of a TV repair guy gimmick...

Basically, it seems no one cares anymore. Most people at live events are there to see two or three people, and don't give a shit about the rest of them. That's why the majority of the midcard gets little to no reaction, whether they are built up well or not. And I don't think in this time will gimmicks draw much care.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, I love the idea of a TV repair guy gimmick...

Basically, it seems no one cares anymore. Most people at live events are there to see two or three people, and don't give a shit about the rest of them. That's why the majority of the midcard gets little to no reaction, whether they are built up well or not. And I don't think in this time will gimmicks draw much care.
tv repair I'm just wondering what he will do

But you speak truths, I always liken WWE to the Circus, how it should be to me
They come to town, you want to see all the acts: the clowns, the animals, the acrobats, etc.

WWE not operating this way right now
IMO it's operating more like a boxing card where you only really want to see the main event

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
no one really wants gimmicks the guys who connect with the fans are the guys who feel real

further you are from a gimmick better chance to be a main eventer

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
also i will give you a reason why

Gimmicks are short term

wwe audience does'nt connect with a guy with a gimmick for the long term

fans want characters not gimmicks

CM Punk heel SD - SES,full beard,lecturing audience about him being better because he is straight edge - that was a gimmick

CM Punk on RAW Right Now - is a character and is an extension of himself

Cena on SD Heel - thugonomics,chain gang,rap battles,etc. - was a gimmick

Cena on RAW top draw of the company - is a character and an extension of himself

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Zack Ryder created his own gimmick and it's proving successful. It would be nice if they allowed for more creativity among the talent rather than just from Vince or the "creative" team.

Even some old gimmicks from the past with a modern spin on it I could work. A Heel Doink with an updated look is far superior compared to something like the Boogeyman.

We've seen many different pyscho's but has there ever been a psychiatrist gimmick?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts