Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get why they're pretending Cena/Rock never even took place at WrestleMania and act like Cena didn't say how badly he needed to win that match and how devastating it should be for him that he lost.

Instead we're stuck with a stupid Laurinitis/Cena storyline and the WWE pretending like everything in March and April never happened.

They could have had Cena take a break after Extreme Rules (you know like he said he was going to at the end of the PPV?) and in the meantime have someone like Ziggler come out and call out Cena and say how Cena let everyone in the back down by losing the most important match in not only his career but let someone like The Rock who left for Hollywood come in and beat the current top guy in the business and embarrassed everyone in the back and then on top of it he gets his ass kicked (should have lost but oh well) by Lesnar at Extreme Rules. Another guy who left the business and disrespected it. They could have had Ziggler (or some other new guy) continue to call out Cena throughout the summer and lead to a match at SummerSlam or something.

Instead we're really just supposed to act like nothing happened at WrestleMania?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Re: Why don't they even acknowledge that Cena lost the most important match of his ca

It's been mentioned at least 4 times, including each of the last 2 RAWs. What more can they really do?

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Re: Why don't they even acknowledge that Cena lost the most important match of his ca

They talked about it until the Lesnar match, the win over Lesnar was like his "rehabilitation". They sacrificed the biggest money match of all time at WM29 just to give Cena his big win back, unbelievable, WCW 2000 is not even in this caliber.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It just would have made more sense to see a broken down Cena after losing the biggest match of his career. Instead we're stuck with stupid unfunny Cena calling Laurinitis a loser a hundred times and trying to be funny and acting like nothing happened.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts

Dude, did you hear Cole right after Rock pins him?

Anytime I watch the match and Cole says what he says, I roll my eyes. Such shit.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

Because that's what WWE does. Have Kane put you through hell every week and turn your friend on you? Party at Elimination Chamber. Lose to Rock at Mania? Eh, doesn't matter, win some, lose some. Get destroyed by Brock Lesnar and have your arm hurt? Nah, I'm cool, I love you guys. Lose to Johnny at OTL? Oh, it's relevant now because it needs to be for this Big Show feud, but once Cena beats Show, it'll be back to all smiles and acting like none of it happened.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts

Because The Rock will put him over at a later time. It's better for Cena actually, to win the rematch. He would of been vilified for beat The Rock in Miami.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

Because The Rock will put him over at a later time. It's better for Cena actually, to win the rematch. He would of been vilified for beat The Rock in Miami.
Which makes it worse because there's zero reason to put Cena over Rock just so Cena can get his win back. He beat Brock Lesnar in Lesnar's return match, that should be good enough. Plus you just know if Cena beats Rock, we'll never hear the end of it from WWE.

·
Registered
194 Posts

SuperCena makes no mistakes, has no failures and cannot lose. If he loses, it's okay because everyone loses sometimes, and by acknowledging that he's automatically a winner!

FEEL GOOD YET, KIDS?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

Rock didn't need to beat Cena. I was fine with it at the time, as I thought WWE would write an interesting storyline around the loss. They didn't.

Cena didn't need to beat Lesnar. I was fine with it at the time, as I thought WWE would write an interesting storyline around Lesnar's loss. They didn't.

It's just lazy booking. It's pretty obvious they don't have a plan for these matches. Fair enough, Rock beat Cena in Miami, his hometown. But even the worst writers could write some kind of storyline for Cena losing 'the most important match of his career'. The best WWE could do was have Cena cut a slightly depressed promo the night after a congratulate Rock. Good job WWE.

Seriously, at this point, the most coherant storyline WWE could make out of this is that they reveal that Cena is actually highly schizophrenic, and that's the only reason his character and emotions change so fucking wildly each week.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts

It's been mentioned a few times.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Seriously, at this point, the most coherant storyline WWE could make out of this is that they reveal that Cena is actually highly schizophrenic, and that's the only reason his character and emotions change so fucking wildly each week.
I'd mark out so hard if after years of this shit they pulled that one on us. Seriously.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts

^ Same here. It is the only thing that would make any sense at this point.

Cena had his down period between mania and ER. Him beating Brock sadly was him overcoming that setback. The go-home show before OTL Cena was finally back to his old over-confident self. He loses and the cycle starts all over again.

Instead of drawing it out for a long time WWE seem happy to change Cena's moods on a whim, with no real consistency.

Other than where he will consistently go through short bursts of emotion, but in the end no fucks will be given.

Rise Above Cares.

What did he say?

He solidifies himself as ''The Great One''...........?

·
Banned
10,353 Posts

WWE acknowledging Cena's huge loss no way that would hurt his ego

1 - 15 of 15 Posts