Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guy was a big part of the attitude era. Ok admittedly he wasn't main event worthy. I think his move set was a little boring. I wonder what wrestlers have to do to change the move set. Anyway I think the guy should get more respect. I noticed his name propping up in the chat about wrestlers who you were glad got released.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
This has to be a troll post because from your join date, you were around from 2009-2011 when he imploded and got exposed as a crazy person on-line, and the fake suicide note incident.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
The Hardys and Lita were massively over back in the day, but he was never much as a singles guy. I remember he had a small following during the Version 1 days, but I never saw the appeal. I never liked Jeff much either, but at least he had a character that could get massively over, and he played it to a tee (I mean he pretty much lived his character).

the guy was a big part of the attitude era. Ok admittedly he wasn't main event worthy. I think his move set was a little boring. I wonder what wrestlers have to do to change the move set. Anyway I think the guy should get more respect. I noticed his name propping up in the chat about wrestlers who you were glad got released.
I'm pretty sure they just have to start doing different moves. I'm sure WWE want their wrestlers to have some consistency in their moves, so the crowd know what to get excited for ect. but they don't literally dictate the moves they want each wrestler to use.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I like him but others don't because..

- His two fat for them.
- Drug Abuse
- Fake death note on Youtube.

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This has to be a troll post because from your join date, you were around from 2009-2011 when he imploded and got exposed as a crazy person on-line, and the fake suicide note incident.
I dont give a damn about wrestlers personal life. Its'.....personal. Anwyay nobody harps on about Austin beating his ex.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
There’s always been something about Matt Hardy that I've not truly liked to be honest. Unlike most people I didn’t really care for Hardy in 2005. Everyone loved how he came back from being released to feud with Edge and brought his personal life to television. Despite always watching a fantasy show we’re all suckers for a storyline that has a little reality in it.

I saw Hardy as a crybaby and a bitter human being who did not know how to carry himself like an adult. We’ve all been dumped before. It happens. Welcome to life. I’m sure that’s why so many people rallied around him in 2005. A lot of people could relate to his situation. Maybe I would have felt some sympathy if he just went about his business and moved on with his life. Instead he had to let everyone know he was the innocent victim and we should all feel sorry for him. The ego is a fragile thing. It’s sad to see how childish grown people can behave when they feel they’ve been embarrassed.

To me Hardy’s best year was in 2000. This is when The Hardy Boys really broke out and were having great tag matches. We didn’t hear much from Matt back then. He let his actions in the ring do the talking. That’s when Matt was at his best.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I dont give a damn about wrestlers personal life. Its'.....personal. Anwyay nobody harps on about Austin beating his ex.
Yea but I think his personal life is the major reason why he is disliked.

Even though I've never cared for him, he always had a big fan following online that was devoted just until the youtube videos starteds and this past summer...so in his case, I think that his personal issues made public are what made people dislike him, not necessarily him as a wrestler.

For me personally it was:

-His look perpetually stuck in 1999...His hair, ring attire, facial hair, etc was all outdated
-I liked some of his moves like the Side Effect, but he just wasn't an exciting wrestler...particularly when you compared him to his direct competition in his brother. A leg drop off of the second rope, while safer, is always going to leave you in the lower end of the Hardy pail. Even Lita used the Twist of Fate to set up her top rope move as a finisher, just like Jeff--so it looked unexciting by comparison when he finished with the ToF or the Side Effect.
-He can't promo very well. He's better by Jeff, by not much and eventually I think Jeff actually improved enough for his character, particularly in TNA and by the end of his run with WWE.

In a way I think being a Hardy was the best and worse thing for him. Best because he was a part of that innovative, exciting tag team that people remembered from TLC wars, and the worse because he was the least exciting participant. He was always going to be in the shadow of Jeff, and without the looks or promo or more *exciting* wrestling ability, he was never going to get far.

But IMO, most people don't care about that. Most people liked him anyway, just until his personal problems started coming out. That was when he really started to lose the majority of his fanbase.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
I find it absolutely hilarious that people took the suicide stuff seriously. It was such bad acting.... How foolish can people be?

I was always a Matt Hardy fan, and always preferred him over Jeff. Thought Matt was a much better wrestler and more interesting. Version 1.0 was pretty awesome, and I was always hoping for Version 2.0 at a later date.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I find it absolutely hilarious that people took the suicide stuff seriously. It was such bad acting.... How foolish can people be?

I was always a Matt Hardy fan, and always preferred him over Jeff. Thought Matt was a much better wrestler and more interesting. Version 1.0 was pretty awesome, and I was always hoping for Version 2.0 at a later date.
The only funny thing to me is when people go on about how great Version 1 was and he should bring that back--but it's so out of date now. It wouldn't fit in with what actually goes on with the web, and it was 10 years ago.

It was inventive at the time, but it's also a little sad that it became emblematic of the problems he would have later in his career. Known as "the internet guy" backstage, and not in a good way, and then having his personal problems for all the world to judge on-line did nothing but hurt his career.

I did always think he was going to do a Version 2 at some point, but maybe he thought it was too midcard. I remember he insisted he was going to come back and just be known as "Matt Hardy" no version 1, no anything except for "Will Not Die" attached. Maybe he thought the other gimmick was too midcard or it had too many bad memories attached to it. In any case, many people who loved Version 1 never really got over it going away and constantly asked him about it, even today...so maybe he should've just stuck with it. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Misleading username much.

He is/was a good wrestler, but WWE has hired hundreds of good wrestlers. He couldn't work a mic at all and his charisma was negligible, which is why he was never a star. Jeff had always eclipsed him.

Oh and also, he's a massive fuckhead irl so that never helped him career wise, or for winning people over in general.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jeff Hardy being SO MUCH BETTER made it difficult for Matt to progress. So obviously when made to INEVITABLY feud the fans took Jeff over Matt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts