Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
19,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When they first brought in the new wwe belt in 2005, people thought it was gonna be for Cena specifically, but then it became so popular that they just stuck with it.

Why doesn't WWE do something like that today? Next time a superstar wins the belt for the first time, let them have their own custom design(not like gimmick specific such as austins skull belt) and if it becomes popular, that could be the next wwe title look ,if it's not that popular then it just goes down in history as (w/e superstar that held it) belt design.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
They just need a belt that looks worthy of being called the WWE Championship. I actually don't mind the blingy belt so much these days but one thing that will forever annoy me about it is the fact that it has that awful CHAMP scrawled across the bottom. WTF. It's a world title. Make it say Champion not that God awful CHAMP. Probably doesn't matter anyways. With the way they treat it these days it will never be seen as that prestigious, well, not as much as it once was.

As for superstars getting their own individual belts? No thank you. You shouldn't be messing around with the main title like that. It will make it look even cheaper.

· Registered
19,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't say each superstar should get their own belt. I said just one time, the next first time champ gets a new design, if its popular then it becomes the new wwe belt even after they lose it, if its not popular, wwe goes back to the spinner design and the belt we saw will just be considered the belt for that superstar(almost like edges spinner belt with the rated r logo which could have been the new design for the belt like every superstar has their own spinner logo, but it didn't become popular so the belt just became known as edges spinner belt)

But I dont see how WWE can come up with a new gold design that doesn't look like they ripped it off of ufc or something. The current ufc title looks like a mix between the whc and undisputed wwe belt. So wwe won't bring back the undisputed belt cause it'd look too similar to ufcs belt.

· Registered
847 Posts
The kept the design because everyone since 2005 has had a rapper gimmick, the WWE title is sacred ground thats Austin or Cena shouldn't have change the belt the spinner belt is just stupid whgen someone outside of Cena wins it.

· Registered
20,956 Posts
WWE probably makes a ton of many off of the current design.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,281 Posts
I don't understand people getting won over with thespinner belt it literally disgusts me

· STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,105 Posts
The Undisputed belt only got from 2002-2005 and this piece of rubbish has had 6 years.

Need I say anything else?

/thread

· Registered
5,034 Posts
They should have given The Miz a new belt design. It would've given him a lot more heat, he is already hated enough though lol.

· Registered
20,956 Posts
Wait a second, a mock spinner belt costs $375 dollars?

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,281 Posts
No doubt about it. They had it selling like hot cakes for fucking $375 when I was at Raw a couple of weeks ago.

It's not going anywhere anytime soon, they make WAYYYY too much money off of the spinner.
jesus Christ that is ridiculous Im from the UK so I don't really know anything about the US Merch Market but is that how expense it is over there?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.