Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is so much talent around, better than the current WWE crop so why aren't they hiring. I have realised that the majority in FCW weren't ever in the indy scene which is pointless because you need to make a foundation and work your way up.

I understand some people believe going to WWE is selling your soul, however there is more money involved.

Why do you think indy talent isn't going to WWE or why WWE isn't hiring more indy talent.

(NO MENTIONS OF TOUGH ENOUGH PLEASE)

· Banned
266 Posts
Cause the days when they had to have the best talent in the world are long gone.Now they can easily scrape by simply by hiring green frat boy clones with no wrestling background.Back in the day they had to hire people who went all over the world like Eddie Gurrero,Benoit,Jericho,Mysterio,.......in order to survive.Now when there is no more competition so they can simply cruise on generic lookalikes and still make a good buck.But recently they did start hiring international wrestlers like Danielson,Sydal,Matt Cross,Mistico,Low Ki,and Punk has been in WWE for some time now.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
All of them were in the indies at one point.

I think what you mean is, why arent they getting that many people from ROH and PWG and all the other major indies.

And my response to that is, well, the current US champ is God of the indies.

The reason the days of Eddie, Benoit and Jericho ended is because of the death of the territories.

· Registered
2,379 Posts
They want to build up their own superstars. See how they changed danielson's name and made his moveset very limited and most of the other wrestlers from indies were jobber in the wwe and they eventually got fired. They don't want to give any credit to the indies or make them look better then THEIR superstars.

· Registered
63 Posts
Tyler Black, Bryan Danielson, Matt Sydal, CM Punk, Mistico, Dos Caras Jr., Orlando Colón, Alex Koslov, Incognito, Kaval (Before he was released).. and many more!

Briscoes received a tryout match not awhile ago, Matt Cross is on Tough Enough (And i'm sure he won't be the only indy star on that show).

So i don't think they don't use indy talent! They mix indy talent with their own discoveries and i think the result is very pleasing for the fans.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
They tend to under-use them. They choose a big famous name from Indies or lucha libre (the last WWE organized competitors are CMLL and AAA) and bring him in the roster. This action creates a huge publicity and automatic heat for WWE. It's a basic publicity stunt.

Later this new formerly famous wrestler will see his moveset highly reduced and will be quickly overshadowed. He is not here to be a champion but to give credibility to a few selected wrestlers. He will have to lose to worse wrestlers chosen to be the high faces or heels of the company. He will shine during a short time before to become a jobber or a midcarder. Even the high stars can quickly collapse once a new super star is chosen.

Sadly WWE has no competitors, thus the wrestlers have no choice to be worldwide famous. They hope not to job but don't have choice.

It's a horrible fate :(

A short glory for many and a few who will say I grew.

NB : Even Daniel Bryan, San Cara, Del Rio will quickly become midcarders and jobbers once the next star appears (and WWE turns coat).

· #EMMAtained
5,963 Posts
Honestly I agree with what the others above me said for the most part, and the fact that alot of the Indy guys, while they are great wrestlers, they don't have much else sometimes. Alot of the Indy guys don't have flashy looks, can't talk at a 'WWE' Level, and do alot of great stuff in the ring, but the WWE doesn't really promote great matches anymore unfortunately, they are about stories. So if they think the wrestler can't carry a good story, looks like they won't get a chance. Its ashame when you have great wrestlers out there, but they get overlooked due to their looks or something stupid like that.

· Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
4,473 Posts
Tyler Black, Bryan Danielson, Matt Sydal, CM Punk, Mistico, Dos Caras Jr., Orlando Colón, Alex Koslov, Incognito, Kaval (Before he was released).. and many more!

Briscoes received a tryout match not awhile ago, Matt Cross is on Tough Enough (And i'm sure he won't be the only indy star on that show).

So i don't think they don't use indy talent! They mix indy talent with their own discoveries and i think the result is very pleasing for the fans.
Still...
WWE was said to be unhappy with the first list of Tough Enough contestants that were chosen by Shed Media and the USA Network, based on personality showed and their look. WWE didn't like the list because it included some well-known independent wrestlers. The women who were in charge of casting were replaced by a guy who worked closer with WWE producer Kevin Dunn.
WWE didn't like the list because it included some well-known independent wrestlers. The women who were in charge of casting were replaced by a guy who worked closer with WWE producer Kevin Dunn.
WWE didn't like the list because it included some well-known independent wrestlers.
it included some well-known independent wrestlers.
well-known independent wrestlers.

· Registered
729 Posts
They dont hire indy talent because as far as in ring work goes indy talent could show alot of their guys up. If you notice there really hasn't been a feud between to indy talents such as Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk because they know that if they go out there they will make some of their top guys like Miz & Cena look like amateurs.

· Registered
5,219 Posts
don't be fooled by indy talent, just because they can do spots and a lot of moves doesn't mean they're anything good.

a lot of indy wrestlers don't know the basics of wrestling, selling, or story telling.

· BLUE IS BACK
16,346 Posts
They tend to under-use them. They choose a big famous name from Indies or lucha libre (the last WWE organized competitors are CMLL and AAA) and bring him in the roster. This action creates a huge publicity and automatic heat for WWE. It's a basic publicity stunt.

Later this new formerly famous wrestler will see his moveset highly reduced and will be quickly overshadowed. He is not here to be a champion but to give credibility to a few selected wrestlers. He will have to lose to worse wrestlers chosen to be the high faces or heels of the company. He will shine during a short time before to become a jobber or a midcarder. Even the high stars can quickly collapse once a new super star is chosen.

Sadly WWE has no competitors, thus the wrestlers have no choice to be worldwide famous. They hope not to job but don't have choice.

It's a horrible fate :(

A short glory for many and a few who will say I grew.

NB : Even Daniel Bryan, San Cara, Del Rio will quickly become midcarders and jobbers once the next star appears (and WWE turns coat).
no, you're wrong. Del rio isn't going anywhere. hes a top star now. They just hire who they need to, indy wrestlers look better in the indys than they do in WWE, because in the indys they can just do whatever they want, and be generic spot monkeys, in WWE they need to be able to tell a story in the ring. WWE knows that you need certain things to be a big star, and a lot of indy guys don't have those characteristics.

Vince knows more than you ever will, so stop complaining

· Plotting time travel mission.
8,793 Posts
I would say 94% (not including Divas) of the WWE roster were in the indys before coming to WWE. WWE does hire from the indies alot but I guess you mean WWE not hiring enough talent from ROH, DGUSA, PWG, CHIKARA the well known indies. WWE is an international company so they hire indy talent from all around the USA, Europe, Mexico and more. I think its good that WWE gives talent from the not well known indys a chance. I do think WWE has a good amount of former ROH talent in WWE like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Tyler Black (Seth Rollins), Alex Koslov (Peter Orlov.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Hiplop™;9391774 said:
no, you're wrong. Del rio isn't going anywhere. hes a top star now. They just hire who they need to, indy wrestlers look better in the indys than they do in WWE, because in the indys they can just do whatever they want, and be generic spot monkeys, in WWE they need to be able to tell a story in the ring. WWE knows that you need certain things to be a big star, and a lot of indy guys don't have those characteristics.

Vince knows more than you ever will, so stop complaining
I will show you this sentence again when Del Rio will be jobbing to midcarders. And basically most WWE come from Indies and were built (wrestling technics) there , they aren't sui generis :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,676 Posts
don't be fooled by indy talent, just because they can do spots and a lot of moves doesn't mean they're anything good.

a lot of indy wrestlers don't know the basics of wrestling, selling, or story telling.
This is very true, but it's also true that WWE doesn't care as much about in ring talent as they do marketability. Creating a guy who uses the "WWE Style" is just easier for them than breaking a guy who doesn't, I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.