Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superstars giving a "promo" in their entrance like they did with Kofi last night. It's a great way to spend the entrance time,which is basicly dead time unless for comentating. If they did that like in the 90's (but with a modern style) it could give superstars a chance of deeping the storyline and their character(since they're going to spend that time anyway on their entrance) instead of don't giving them mic time at all. What do you think of this?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I dunno i would say 90% of the pop out promo boxes back in the day where identical and bland im much more a fan of letting the commentators tell the story while entrnce is on and save Promo spots for when they are nessecary and for people who earn the spots

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think they did try to do it for a while. The last time I remember them using it was when Colt Cabana had his first match on SmackDown.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Agreed, they should bring these back.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
I like them too and they dont take up any extra time being as they do them during the enrances, it saves time other than showing one backstage prior to a match.

·
Registered
12,078 Posts
They'll still do that from time to time if the wrestler is a new face to the crowd.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
With all the production that goes into entrances now it would be counter productive to take away from them by having a promo mid-entrance. Much better to have promos and entrances separate.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Much better to have promos and entrances separate.
Yeah, cause you know, the entrances change all the time. Come on, if you're seen one entrance then you're set until they do a turn or get new music (which isn't every week)

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
While I wouldn't have every day go for it, it'd definitely help out the guys who never get any mic time, or atleast guys like Morrison who need to work on it more. Plus being only 20 seconds long it'd be good chance to let the newer guys be more spontaneous.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, cause you know, the entrances change all the time. Come on, if you're seen one entrance then you're set until they do a turn or get new music (which isn't every week)
Yea but i agree with what Virgil said in the post before you. Way too much funding in the entrances as compared to the 80's and early 90's. No way there not gonna make us watch them. Of course they dont change on a weekly basis, but honestly, i think to try and do it (pop ups) now would be annoying and would further damage the overall quality of the show.

The decrease in pop up promos and the increase in back stage segments allows for air time filler for a "creative team" that seemingly hasnt been TO creative in the past few years.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
I miss these. What helped get Angle and Jericho over back in their early days was when they came out and spoke during their entrances. One of the best part of the Y2J charcter was him insulting his opponants before the match i.e crash holly = elroy jetson lol

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While I wouldn't have every day go for it, it'd definitely help out the guys who never get any mic time, or atleast guys like Morrison who need to work on it more. Plus being only 20 seconds long it'd be good chance to let the newer guys be more spontaneous.
Let's just hope that Taker never gets one...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I like them. They shouldn't be overused, but giving lower midcard guys a quick promo now and then would only help them get over.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
I thought the same thing when I saw it. I think they should do the arena promos as well instead of backstage. I think it'd help the wrestlers connect with the crowd if instead of being backstage talking some smack, they'd be out in the arena with the interviewer.

There's a few old school things they could bring back and IMO would help add crowd interaction as well as getting the wrestlers better as all around competitors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts