Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people will shit on the thread but check what I will write first.

They can have Neville continue dominating the Cruiserweights like he is doing and when it comes close to Wrestlemania he can just brag on RAW that he is the best Cruisereweight ever and no one is close to him and booom Boyaka Boyaka hits.

They can have a programme maybe of 3 matches with Rey getting win in the first time in a way that Neville underestimate him or something then Neville get the win in the 2 remaining matches.

That will help the Cruiserweight devision alot and give it exposure also it will be entertaining to watch.

What do you think of this scenario ?

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
They can't bring Rey back right now due to his contractual commitments with Lucha Underground (I believe every episode featuring him has to air, and he has to finish their entire season run before he can leave). Even if they wanted him, I'd say things are possibly a big sour over how they didn't let him easily go.

In saying all this, I'd like it to occur. Cruiserweight division is extremely dire. Would help its recognition if a name like Rey was brought back in. He could also help up and comers, as well as put some of them over. However, it'd also take good booking to make the division actually matter, and I don't hold my breath when it comes to WWE creative.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
how many times exactly has rey returned only to bust a knee or something a week later and go back to sitting out?

Id to see him back but its probably not worth it for wwe.

Reactions: NitroMark

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They can't bring Rey back right now due to his contractual commitments with Lucha Underground (I believe every episode featuring him has to air, and he has to finish their entire season run before he can leave). Even if they wanted him, I'd say things are possibly a big sour over how they didn't let him easily go.

In saying all this, I'd like it to occur. Cruiserweight division is extremely dire. Would help its recognition if a name like Rey was brought back in. He could also help up and comers, as well as put some of them over. However, it'd also take good booking to make the division actually matter, and I don't hold my breath when it comes to WWE creative.
I know they had problems when he left but from what we have seen from WWE they can handle well these things and freeze any hell over for business.

how many times exactly has rey returned only to bust a knee or something a week later and go back to sitting out?

Id to see him back but its probably not worth it for wwe.
It will help the division and also they don't have a Mexican star right now so he can help even in a short term.

Rey is also a fan favorite and is not hated at all.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
They're not gonna bring him back for the cw division but I do think they will bring him back eventually for one final run or wrestlemania moment before he retires. He's been working a lighter schedule and I dont think he's been injured since he's left the wwe.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
It would be the best thing that could happen to the division as long as they kept him there and didn't give in to the fans that would inevitably whine because he's not on the MR. The same ones crying about Jeff Hardy being in the tag division right now and about Neville being in the CW division even though it saved his career.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I don't think Rey needs it but it'd be nice to see him get some guys over. Being biased I'd love to see him.
On the other hand, I think he should do what makes him happy. WWE's schedule is heavier but perhaps
they could arrange a part-time contract.

·
Registered
441 Posts
They can have a programme maybe of 3 matches with Rey getting win in the first time in a way that Neville underestimate him or something then Neville get the win in the 2 remaining matches.
So a Cruiserweight version of Brock v Goldberg? Any talk of Rey Mysterio returning to WWE probably lies with whether Rey ever wants to come back to the fold. As has been stated, Rey wasn't too happy with the E the last time he left the company.

the fans that would inevitably whine because he's not on the MR. The same ones crying about Jeff Hardy being in the tag division right now and about Neville being in the CW division even though it saved his career.
The whining about Rey in the CW Division would be a guarantee. Neville was completely off the map until he turned heel and then dominated the CW Division. Some fans can't be pleased.

Reactions: Flair Flop

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
rey wasnt too happy with wwe because they wanted to extend his existing contract due to him missing so much time due to injury, it didnt help he couldnt even serve the remaining time due to another injury.

I can understand both sides over that dispute, WWE lost money due to Mysterio’s ongoing injury issues as well as paying the guy to essentially sit at home, however since he was injury prone, I can understand Mysterio not wanting to work the full time schedule anymore due to the toll it took on him.

this could probably be corrected by bringing in rey under a part time contract however again with the headache his situation likely caused to wwe, they probably would be hesitant in bringing him back at all seeing as he could wind up injured again.

Id like to see him back to wind things up in a good way and maybe put someone over but from ive seen rey isnt the rey of over a decade ago.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try telling that to CM Punk...
WWE still didn't try to negotiate with Punk since he left we will see what happen when they are keen to bring him back.

So a Cruiserweight version of Brock v Goldberg?
I realized it after I posted that it is similar to Brock VS Goldberg but it will be entertaining too but as you and @Genitically Superior said the whining will be high that Mysterio is in CW division though it will help the division alot.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Part time contract. A clause in it that states if Rey doesn't get injured, he only gets paid a portion of his downside guarantee (enough to pay his bills basically). That way, Rey runs less risk of injury, and WWE won't be losing too much money if Rey does get himself hurt again.

·
Registered
612 Posts
They can have Neville continue dominating the Cruiserweights like he is doing and when it comes close to Wrestlemania he can just brag on RAW that he is the best Cruisereweight ever and no one is close to him and booom Boyaka Boyaka hits.

That will help the Cruiserweight devision alot and give it exposure also it will be entertaining to watch.

What do you think of this scenario ?
Man it's really weird.

When i was eating today i was thinking the EXACT same thing. No joke.

I think it would be a great way to bring back Mysterio. He would probably really help the younger talents.

·
Registered
24,694 Posts
Ehh as silly as it is I don't think I could take Mysterio serious as a cruiserweight now.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Bring him back as a heel. Give us something fresh and something we haven't seen before. I would have Miz have him back on his show and talk about how his next guest is universally loved, but actually killed a man in the ring. Ladies and gentlemen, Rey Mysterio. Build his heel turn over the course of a few weeks and Miz can take credit for making Rey snap and turn on his beloved fans. A heel Rey could be something. Feud him with AJ Styles, or Nakamura.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts