Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If two wrestlers currently face each other who have fought years ago, WWE doesn't acknowledge their prior meetings.

HHH vs Taker comes to mind

They fought at WM17, but the company never acknowledged this match when they faced off again

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
If two wrestlers currently face each other who have fought years ago, WWE doesn't acknowledge their prior meetings.

They fought at WM17, but the company never acknowledged this match when they faced off again

because their target demographic wont remember their old matches so they can just pretend its new and kids will not know the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts

They did... the night after the match. This stuff annoys me too.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
They sometimes do, just not enough really.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I think for The Streak they do it to hype the streak even more, didn't Undertaker say in a promo during the Punk feud that twenty men had tried and twenty men had failed? In reality it wasn't twenty different men but it sounds better for promotional purposes.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
It's the WWE and they are able to rewrite history because

1. They own the rights to practically every major wrestling promotion that has ever existed
2. They are a monopoly so there is no one else to judge them

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
This always has bothered me. The first two examples I think of is them acting like WM3 was the first time Hogan slammed Andre and That Cena and Batista had never happened before(I can't remember the PPV) completely disregarding the Prototype vs Leviathan matches.

·
Banned
1,065 Posts
Have you ever heard the backstage stories about Kevin Dunn? He despised JR because he insisted on bringing up wrestling history. Dunn has since won the war for Vince's ear and there you have it.

The company is run by bastards.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I think for The Streak they do it to hype the streak even more, didn't Undertaker say in a promo during the Punk feud that twenty men had tried and twenty men had failed? In reality it wasn't twenty different men but it sounds better for promotional purposes.
Yeah he did mention other opponents he beat in that promo. He also bought up to Flair & I believe HHH how he beat them in WM in a promo as well. But I agree they don't bring up past feuds enough.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
It also bothered me when they would give Shane credit for the RVD's Van Terminator without ever mentioning that RVD invented the move. Same thing with the Sharp Shooter when they would say that Bret invented the hold.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
They own most of US wrestling history so they can spin shit all they want even though people like Meltzer have pretty much chronicled the legit version of history since the expansion began in 83.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts

actually i think they did but it was a throwaway line somewhere in a video package

They want you to remember only what they want you to remember. Thats all you need to know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts