Wrestling Forum banner

Why doesn't the WWE capitalize on CM Punk's friendship with Paramore?

7838 Views 36 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  XxPunkxX
I find it weird that they haven't done it yet. They're a pretty big part of pop culture today, especially Hayley Williams. I would've thought they'd do SOMETHING to whore the company out to the masses even more.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Capitalize on what exactly? Paramore is a contrived record label experiment who just lost a couple of the original members. They have only sold 2 million albums in the US and have never had a number one hit. If you asked the average wrestling fan who Hayley Williams was, they wouldnt know what the hell you were talking about.

· Registered
255 Posts
Pretty much kill off their 18+ male audience? I don't know why they haven't done it sooner.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
meh crappy pop rock band.

not only that, but the singer showed her tits by "accident" on twitter.

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Capitalize on what exactly? Paramore is a contrived record label experiment who just lost a couple of the original members. They have only sold 2 million albums in the US and have never had a number one hit. If you asked the average wrestling fan who Hayley Williams was, they wouldnt know what the hell you were talking about.
HAHAHHAHAHA

People might not know who Paramore is but I can guarantee you 99% of people who listen to mainstream music know who Hayley Williams is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn6-c223DUU

112 million views buddy :)

· Registered
819 Posts
I'd rather see Killswitch Engage perform his theme at Wrestlemania. That would really be legit. Having the top heel of your promotion hang out with a mainstream pop-punk band targeted at teenagers is pretty weak. Unless he was calling them sell-outs or something to get heat.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
I don't know who Paramore or Haley Williams is, and I'm quite tuned in to the pop culture that actually matters. There's a very good reason WWE hasn't exploited this:

Because there's nothing to exploit. The average person on the street doesn't give a good goddamn about Paramore.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.