Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roman gets booed anyway. Why not make him a bad motherfucker that plays dirty, not because he's a coward but simply cause he just enjoys being bad. They say any reaction is a good reaction. Well then wouldn't he get even MORE reaction (boos) if assaulted people backstage for no reason?

It's like Vince is still hoping that the audience will turn around and cheer for him someday

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,444 Posts
Because he's a babyface no matter what mental gymnastics people use to say otherwise. WWE don't want him to be the bad guy.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,379 Posts
I mean i would play it as he knows he is the best but cheats because he can and wants the easy way out.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, that's exactly what's happening.
I figured Vince would have aborted the plan by now but instead he gave Roman a HEROIC push against The Undertaker! He's investing even more into Roman to the point there's no going back.

That's like buying stocks. Them when their value goes down,
You invest even more in them. WTF?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Roman gets booed anyway. Why not make him a bad motherfucker that plays dirty, not because he's a coward but simply cause he just enjoys being bad. They say any reaction is a good reaction. Well then wouldn't he get even MORE reaction (boos) if assaulted people backstage for no reason?

It's like Vince is still hoping that the audience will turn around and cheer for him someday
People still seem to not get this. It's because he's an anti-heel. He's doing what he's supposed to be doing. He gets enough reactions from fans' right now to keep doing what he's doing. He'll become a regular heel once the reactionary boos start to fade.

Also, because Vince and HHH love trolling the shit out of smarks. And I couldn't agree more. I tune in every Monday just to hear that beautiful chorus of Roman haters. And deep down inside, the haters know that they love doing it; and that it would be less interesting to have a heel Roman right now.

I hope he wins at the next PPV instead of Balor and main event against Lesnar at Summerslam. I hope he main events the next Royal Rumble, then loses the match, then comes in at number 30 just to listen to the hate poured down on him. But I got a sick sense of humor like that when it comes to watching WWE. I like watching people who draw actual pure heat from fans. It's a rare thing that's great to watch.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
If he starts acting like a heel, then people are going to start cheering him.

Keep him face = Booed.
Turn him heel = Cheers.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I figured Vince would have aborted the plan by now but instead he gave Roman a HEROIC push against The Undertaker! He's investing even more into Roman to the point there's no going back.

Vince is basically doubling down on a 12 in blackjack with the dealer showing a 10. It's mind bogglingly stubborn how much Vince refuses to admit Reigns is not working as a face.

Reigns would be one of the biggest heels ever if they turned him. He's already getting mega heat AS A FACE. Just imagine if he actually was trying to get heat.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Despite the "I'm not a bad guy not a good guy the guy" stuff he,s been saying he,s clearly being booked as a babyface atm

·
Registered
880 Posts

Keep him face = Booed.
Turn him heel = Cheers.
That seems to be the problem with modern wrestling. If everyone likes someone, they'll usually cheer him/her whether or not they're playing the role of a heel. Like when a lot of people cheer Bliss or Owens, despite their attempts to troll the crowd and let them know they're the heel.

It's more of a 'do you like A wrestler more than B wrestler.' If they like A wrestler better, they're going to get the cheers no matter what role they're playing in the story.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Cause he doesn't need to, he'd kill 97% of the roster without the need

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,480 Posts

But has the value gone drastically down really? Most of the adult fans and the internet fans are not happy with the rocket push Reigns is getting but he's very over with the kids and I've read that Roman's merchandise is one of the most sold merchandise in the company.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts

No offense, but do you understand how wrestling works? Granted Vince has done a below average job at really putting Roman over, but I'm sure he is certainly aware of it to a certain extent. I don't think anyone is hoping that the fans will just start cheering Roman. Actually, fans are cheering Roman. I have been attending house shows for nearly 30 years in the East. Reigns has fans some of you just refuse to hear them, don't have surround sound, or are hard of hearing. He may not be the next coming of Austin, or The Rock, but who is?

I'm not going to convince you that Reigns is over, because he isn't quite as over as most of us would expect. In fact I don't think anyone on here would suggest that Reigns is this huge star that is universally loved by all fans. He's not and that's becoming so blatantly clear. However, he is still a "face". Roman Reigns is not a "heel". A heel turn isn't what will fix Roman Reigns. It's called X-Pac heat and Roman has it. Cena passed it along and in fact is still carrying this terrible affliction. It's a damn shame. Two of what were supposed to be the most over stars in the company today are being out shined by a man who made his name in TNA, AJ fucking Styles.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Keep him face = Booed.
Turn him heel = Cheers.
I know I would cheer for a heel Reigns. Out of relief that they are no longer pretending he's a face that gets cheered all the time. They can stop muting the live crowd too.
Vince is living in a fantasy world where Reigns is the next Rock and if anything says otherwise, he won't have ANY of it.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
His character is not one to take shortcuts or accept handouts.

He is a tweener, he will act smug and even heelish during matches and segments but he will not do anything dishonorable (like cheeting) nor attack the crowd.
Well, he does down low shoot on certain crowds, see Philly: "I won the Royal Rumble right here in 2015 and went on to main event WrestleMania two years in a row...so this sold out arena right here? This is my house now." For the fans in Philadelphia that was equivalent to throwing that in their faces just like he would claim a win over an opponent and insult them with it.

I don't interpret his character as caring so much about honor like a wrestler such as Kalisto obviously does, he did cheat Braun out of a title in a tit-for-tat situation, where the honorable thing to have done would be to ask Mick Foley for a title shot no matter who won between Strowman and Owens. In kayfabe Foley favored Reigns to a degree that he'd have every expectation of getting that, too.

I see it as Reigns being too 'good' to cheat in the same way that Brock is. He doesn't cheat to win because it would lower him. It's not a moral issue, it's that fact that losers cheat because they can't get the job done and he's a born winner.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts