Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he's in shape but ppl seem to be complaining about it. But if wrestling is punks job, how hard would it be to maybe hit the gym 3/4 times a week. When punk first came to the WWE he was much smaller than he is now but he also looked good, did he just say Fuck it I'm not gonna lift shit, or he just doesn't wanna lift to become a meathead. Punk would look really good if he was the same size of someone like shelton, or maybe even jomos size...

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
Re: why doesnt punk just hit the gym and be the best wrestler who look like hes in sh

Just picture a roided up Punk, he would look like a fucking Mason Ryan tool with tats.

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
Re: why doesnt punk just hit the gym and be the best wrestler who look like hes in sh

Because he doesn't need to be 250+ lbs with a limited moveset and a cheap gimmick to get over.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts

He doesn't need to bulk up. What's wrong with him now? Not everyone has to be some big guy.

Never hear this about Christian. :side:

·
Registered
60 Posts

Not all wrestlers have to fit a certain mold. Things are a lot more diverse now. I personally hate the cookie cutter form that seems to be common. I guess body building isn't punks thing. He has never been that toned even in his younger days.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts

CM Punk looks hot.

·
Registered
195 Posts

I'm pretty sure Punk hits the gym very regularly. He probably just doesn't keep as clean a diet, or push himself as hard as some other Superstars will. We've got to remember that genetics play a small part too.

·
Registered
928 Posts

It's not just exercise but diet to, Punk's pretty meaty as he is his problem is that he likely doesn't eat well or has a high fat diet and being straight edge he is unwilling to take things to boost his metabolism. That said it could also be down to his body type. Guys like Orton, Morrison and Cody all have muscle structure that lends itself to a defined look. Some people don't have that and look like Punk or Christian.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts

He's obsessed with going to the gym to be in shape, which he is, not to get ripped. It's funny how despite not having the "desirable" body type that WWE prefers, I find him to be the most attractive guy on that roster.

·
Registered
390 Posts

I don't think he needs to be a roided up freak, or even some super model type like JoMo, but he definitely could get into better shape.

Sometimes he does look pretty pathetic out there.

·
Registered
516 Posts

He's fine the way he is now. He works his ass off at being a professional wrestler not a body builder or a marathon runner.

·
Registered
977 Posts

The point of the refs being in the shape they are (generally podgy altho still very fit) is to emphasise the physique of wrestlers. Punk just has the physique of a tall ref. At least Christian has SOME muscle on show. But Punk just looks like an average guy (altho, I suppose that is his appeal too).

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts

He proves you don't have to have a certain look to be a top player. Why do people want everyone to have the same look and size?

·
Registered
86 Posts

I don't think he needs to be a roided up freak, or even some super model type like JoMo, but he definitely could get into better shape.

Sometimes he does look pretty pathetic out there.
I know this is "Sports Entertainment" and not wrestling or mixed martial arts but I disagree with your statement. As anyone knows that's ever been in a real fight, it's not so much about looking like He-Man as it is knowing your shit and how to fight. I'm personally happy people that don't look like Roidzilla are being shown in a credible light.

·
Super Nexus 64
308 Posts

I agree with the op. But he doesnt need size he needs tone and definition. Right now he's skinny fat.

·
Registered
856 Posts

To me Punk and ADR have a nice look, they don't look roided up which is nice. Seeing veins pop out when ppl flex or hell when they don't
has always been disgusting for me. I'd rather look like ADR and Punk, which is normal, then look like Mason Ryan and prolly die when I'm 40.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Translation - Why take steroids like my idols Cena and Orton and be all muscled up and greased.

He would rather not die of a heart attack probably or look like a leather hand bag at 50 yrs old.

·
Registered
928 Posts

Where are people getting the idea that Punk is out of shape? He's 6'1" and likely 210 pounds. That's incredible, he ma not be overly defined but when your job is to be thrown around and get hit it's good to have a little fat on you to soften the blows.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts