Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, he appears at House Shows all the time, but why wouldn't he appear/perform on Smackdown! (You know, the show that could use the star power and ratings) It seems counter productive that the face of the company wouldn't show up on both televised shows and would at the less important house shows that do not develop any storylines.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
"I'm here every night" yet he doesn't even show up for the occasional smackdown. Triple H showed up for a dark segment on this week's smackdown. Punk has been on smackdown a few times during his title reign. but then again Cena would probably make SmackDown unwatchable, I mean recaps of his main event on RAW and then being the main event on smackdown too?

·
Premium Member
15,068 Posts
Supposedly, Cena is scheduled to appear at a few Smackdown tapings while Orton is out to give the show starpower.

But, people complain about him on RAW and honestly, Smackdown is him taking a step down. That would be like Obama going from President to mayor of Chicago.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Whats with this whining?

Why would he need to be on SD? I don't get it. What's the point?

Cena has been a Raw guy since 05. So why try to make him SD guy all of the sudden?

Also you make it sound like going to these weekly shows is the only thing he does. He is actually the guy who does a lot of PR stuff all the time along side Miz and others.

Far bigger job than being on a show that is not even live is being a PR guy and doing all that PR stuff McMahon loves his "sports entertainers" do.

Also they need to push these current stars they have on SD they have right now without the shadow of Cena. That's the biggest advantage SD roster has.

TBH the whole Cena propaganda on raw is overshadowing the value of entertainment in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
^ Precisely why we don't want him on SD holding back even more guys. He's a cancer on Raw, leave him there to do his damage. Smackdown is about building guys for the future and Cena would just hold that back, it makes sense he doesn't show up there. There's word that he will be making more appearances on SD in the future with Orton out as mentioned above, so expect him soon.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know asking a simple question was complaining. He's top face of the company, I'd expect my best performer (in WWE's eyes) to be on both televised shows.

Btw I'm not even a Cena mark, I'm just logically thinking unlike half of the people on this forum.

·
Registered
825 Posts
There is a very big threat of overexposure with Cena. This already exists with the jaded smark crowd, but not yet with children and women. Eventually though, those groups will turn against him the more times he appears with his current gimmick and they start getting bored by him because Cena really isn't interesting. Putting him on two shows doubles the speed at which that happens.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I think that WWE has accepted the fact that Smackdown is no longer what it used to be. You can kind of see that now as it's becoming more of a platform for new talent than anything.

Raw is the main show for all the star talent, and they just keep apperances by the WHC on Smackdown so they can have two separate tours with champions leading the way on each.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I didn't know asking a simple question was complaining. He's top face of the company, I'd expect my best performer (in WWE's eyes) to be on both televised shows.

Btw I'm not even a Cena mark, I'm just logically thinking unlike half of the people on this forum.
Why should he be on both? He doesn't show on smackdown because he is probably trying to let some of the younger guys have a chance on smackdown. If he was on smackdown and raw people would be bitching that he is on two shows and he is keeping talent down. Cena just can't win with some people.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
There's already enough squash matches on SD! even without Cena's involvement.

:cena2

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
The same reason Hogan didn't perform on Thunder once it went down the toilet. SmackDown is the B-Show. Putting your top guy on the B-Show lowers the value of the top guy. It would be like Steve Austin regularly appearing on Heat during the Attitude Era or Hulk Hogan wrestling on syndicated shows in the 80's. Originally when the WWE had a loaded roster and the product was hot SmackDown was treated with much more respect, but it's pretty much been accepted as the lesser brand for years now. Less Cena is probably good for the company and the show anyways. Gives other guys time to develop and prevents Cena from becoming more overexposed and overpushed than he already is.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why should he be on both? He doesn't show on smackdown because he is probably trying to let some of the younger guys have a chance on smackdown. If he was on smackdown and raw people would be bitching that he is on two shows and he is keeping talent down. Cena just can't win with some people.
Do you not know how to read? I feel he should be on both because he is the top guy. If they are afraid that he "wouldn't let other guys get a chance" at the least have a match to perform for the fans. Smackdown is the B show I get it, but if they want Smackdown to succeed they should be having their top guy performing on it. Cena can't win with some people? I don't dislike Cena, and I don't love him. All I am wondering is why he isnt featured on both shows. Considering that you suck his dick regularly I'm surprised you haven't posted a similar topic.

Randy Orton is the second top guy in the company and he is a Smackdown superstar. Being right behind Cena, it would be as if Orton was holding guys back and should just be on RAW. Again, the logic here is baffling.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Since Cena left Smackdown in 2005, WWE steadily made it clear that it wanted Smackdown as the B-Show, Cena is A-List so he needs be on the A-Show, and B-List stars belong on the B-Show. Since they've turned SD into crap in the later half of the 00's, I wish they would return WWE to how it was before the Brand Extension. Let everyone appear everywhere.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Can't we just be thankful he isn't on Smackdown! without questioning it?
This X1000. The lack of Cena is what's making Smackdown so much better than Raw for me. I'll gladly take Punk but keep that smiling doofus off my Friday nights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts