Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way cooler than the 'WMD' i.e. only punch-to-the-face in the WWE that seems to do anything

2:05

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Show was awesome during his time in ECW, but I'd attribute at least part of that to Heyman. He played the perfect giant heel during that period. It's a shame that his run in ECW was cut so short due to injury and fatigue.

Age probably plays a factor in his minimized move-set now.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
God I love the Cobra Clutch Backbreaker.

Its a real shame that he deleted it from his moveset, that move was legit.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Probably the same reason he doesn't do dropkick variations anymore. Years in the ring is tough on anybody, but somebody his size has to really be in constant pain.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Ahhh how I miss ECW Big Show, what a glorious character he was then. I've enjoyed Show very few times in his career, during ECW was one and during his tag title reign with Kane was another and I can't really think of any more at the moment. Too bad he's such garbage now.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
ECW Big Show was no doubt the best Heel character of 2006 next to Edge. He was having some of the best matches on television (when I mean best for Big Show, I mean more “fun” and watchable matches for his standards).

1. Big Show Vs Undertaker
2. Big Show Vs Ric Flair
3. Big Show Vs Sabu
4. Big Show Vs RVD

My favorite match with him was when he faced off against DX in a handicap match. Arguably the best handicap match in recent memory.

His matches with DX again along with the McMahon's inside Hell in a Cell were also great. His overall character during his run as ECW Champion was the best run than anything he has done in his entire career in WWE.

Now today he is worthless and the definition of BORING.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Show has very good In-Ring Skills, I think this was the best, what I saw on the "new ECW"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Show was awesome during his time in ECW, but I'd attribute at least part of that to Heyman. He played the perfect giant heel during that period. It's a shame that his run in ECW was cut so short due to injury and fatigue.

Age probably plays a factor in his minimized move-set now.
God I love the Cobra Clutch Backbreaker.

Its a real shame that he deleted it from his moveset, that move was legit.
Right I missed his time in ECW, but as Show said himself, he took time off to heal up a bit. Now if you look at the Cobra Clutch Backbreaker it takes a lot less out of Show than the Spear he's been using lately.

I think it may be that it clashes with Sheamus' Irish Curse (I think that's what he calls it) and yes I know that Show stopped using it before Sheamus came along, but you know them writers, always having their beady little eyes on new stars in development and making plans ahead.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That was back in the day when wrestlers used their whole range of wrestling moves they honed over the years; the water downed feature we get nowadays is full of the same situations n signature moves and that counts for most of the roster now just Big Show.

Big Show probably won't be doing any risque moves, but WMD is just a joke of a move.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts