Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry, she was both more charismatic and better in the ring than other certain overly-pushed blonde females today.
Michelle had ZERO charisma. She's better than other certain overly-pushed Blondes? Who? Charlotte? Hate to break it to you but Charlotte is MILES better than Michelle.

Being better than Alexa is about as impressive as a 40 Year Old Man getting an A+ on a Math Test made for 1st Graders and even then, she's not even as charismatic as Alexa.
Michelle was better on the mic than Charlotte. Charlotte is the better wrestler obviously.

As for the other overrated one, Michelle is better in virtually anything.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Michelle and Charlotte aren't known for their charisma , but Charlotte still beats Michelle in that and every other area. Michele turned out an OK wrestler but that's about it. One of the most boring overpushed women in the WWE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Re: Why does WWE continue to alienate other legends but not Trish

Trish had good marketing behind her. The most popular WWE female stars was Chyna, Sable, and Lita. In fact, Lita was always more popular then Trish the difference was that Trish was Vince's favorite marketing doll. Trish pushed on sex appeal more on to people.
Oh, I have no doubts that Trish was the most marketable woman they had at the time. I have just always respected that Trish didn't rest on her laurels, and worked to improve herself from an in-ring point of view. She could have easily just accepted her role as eye-candy and left it at that.

Chyna was just fantastic, but her importance and impact was basically buried until very recently due to pettiness on WWE's part.

Sable has always been an odd one for me. Sure, she received amazing pops for a good portion of her time, but in all honesty she was kinda shit. She looked great (personally I always preferred Sunny at that time though), but she was dogshit in the ring and awful on the mic. That weird nasally voice.

Lita will probably always remain my favourite woman ever in WWE. I still think Trish will always be considered a bigger deal because of kayfabe accomplishments and longevity as Lita missed more time with her unfortunate injuries.

Lita was always the most popular between the two.
I always preferred Lita personally. See my response above as to why I think Trish is a bigger deal in WWE's eyes.

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
I mean Trish got this big storybook sendoff in 2006 and got to retire as champion (which almost no one gets to do. Where is the time honored tradition there Vince?) and Lita (who left just a few months after that) got humiliated on her way out and a very unspectacular send off. Now granted, Lita was a heel at the time, but it still looked strange when compared to Trish's sendoff.

Honestly I would buy more into Lita coming back now and challenging Becky for the title than Trish winning against Charlotte. After Trish loses, they can play off the fact that Lita never got her "storybook ending" and that Trish wasn't as hungry as Lita to prove a point. It's amazing how just 1 year after Lita left, the crowd missed her so much she went from being booed out of building to coming out for a big ass pop.

And you know what? I wouldn't really mind Lita taking the belt off Becky and then dropping it to her quickly. Lita is also more popular than Trish and she's the probably the only person capable of making Becky get booed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was always more of a Lita fan than a Trish fan. Weird cause she's one of the sloppiest ever and I think Trish is better than her in most areas but still prefer Lita

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think, more than anybody else, Trish defined that era of female "wrestlers".
Much more Vince's type than most others around at the time, and your mainstream sex appeal to the masses.
In the demographic they were aiming for at the time, for every one male who would 'pick' Victoria, or Lita as the best looking.... there's probably two, if not more picking Trish. That's not taking anything away from Victoria or Lita, they were/are very attractive women, but Trish was on another level.
She used what she had to her advantage though. Started out as blatant eye candy with T&A, did the whole McMahon mistress/slave thing, and improved greatly over the years, becoming a very solid worker.

While I feel she deserves to be THE legend of that era.... I think there's one, PR related aspect too
Besides the bark like a dog storyline, I don't believe there's any negative perception of her. Whereas there's scandals/rumours for various others of any real caliber in that era (Lita and how she paid for training, Matt & Edge.... Melina/Batista), or simply that they went to work elsewhere (Victoria, mostly). Once you discount those people for various justified/unjustified/whatever reasons, who's really left anyway?

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Re: Why does WWE continue to alienate other legends but not Trish

Oh, I have no doubts that Trish was the most marketable woman they had at the time. I have just always respected that Trish didn't rest on her laurels, and worked to improve herself from an in-ring point of view. She could have easily just accepted her role as eye-candy and left it at that.

Chyna was just fantastic, but her importance and impact was basically buried until very recently due to pettiness on WWE's part.

Sable has always been an odd one for me. Sure, she received amazing pops for a good portion of her time, but in all honesty she was kinda shit. She looked great (personally I always preferred Sunny at that time though), but she was dogshit in the ring and awful on the mic. That weird nasally voice.

Lita will probably always remain my favourite woman ever in WWE. I still think Trish will always be considered a bigger deal because of kayfabe accomplishments and longevity as Lita missed more time with her unfortunate injuries.

I always preferred Lita personally. See my response above as to why I think Trish is a bigger deal in WWE's eyes.
I agree with everything you have said.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
If anything I think Beth gets too much praise from WWE. When she was around she basically taller/buffer Natalya. No one cared about her the years I watched except the night she had the title match in her hometown.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,700 Posts
Maybe because women’s wrestling is awful even when the competitors are in their prime, so when they’re not, what precisely is the point of bringing them back?

·
Registered
770 Posts
This is not an anti Trish thread

In light of this Charlotte vs Trish match, why does it seem to me that all the legends in WWE how WWE only focuses on Trish. We have other legends like Beth Phoenix, Melina, Mickie James who have a fanbases and carried a generation of the women's division they are also legends in their own right and how come they are not given marquee legend status like Trish.

Don't say they are not popular enough, all three were very popular and they carried a generation of women's wrestling, made impact and paved the way for people like Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, Ember Moon. All three women were brought up in the indie scene and in fact their success lead to WWE finally brining in women from the indie scene.

Why does WWE continue to harm their image and put all the basket into Trish Stratus as their only female pioneer legend when they got options to bring back Melina and have her face Sasha Banks or Alexa Bliss or have Becky Lynch vs Beth Phoenix.
Beth is in the Hall of Fame which is the highest honor a talent can get; Mickie is still wrestling on their roster and Melina was not much other than her looks (10 years ago) and flexibility.

Lita gets some references, still does work with the company and was even the one to announce the end of the Divas era and the launching of the new era of Women's Wrestling. But, her real life love triangle with Matt Hardy and Edge may be hurting her with being held in as high of regard as Trish.

The Fabulous Moolah would be the most honored female competitor ever, but her legacy was ruined with the exposing of how she treated and abused other women in the industry. Mae Young wasn't relevant in the WWE until she was about 80 years old.

Sensational Sherri was great and even took and sold bumps from the guys in her days as manager. Though she is in the HOF, she doesn't get the honor and recognition she deserves. If she were still alive, she would have been GREAT to have around to help the younger female talent along.

Chyna should be at the top of the heap ..she was able to win the Intercontinental Title for crying out loud! But, she was only dating the wrestler that the boss' daughter stole from her! That inclusion in the DX HOF recognition is more than likely the last you hear of her unless you fire up some of the shows and events she was in on the WWE Network.

That leaves Trish...WWE's prototypical female: blonde, attractive, and was able to become pretty good in the ring by working hard at learning how to wrestle. Others deserve to be remembered, but Trish is their "type". Charlotte will unfortunately be the one to take her place on the pedestal because of the blondeness and her name.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts