Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive watch some vids from raws from the pg era so far

''bitch'' is sometimes not censor'd during rock and cena feud but now its censored again.

even ass wasn't and in a vid it was beeped out

why is this?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Live television.

Anyway get used to it cos good old Linda's running for senate again. Prepare for John Cena calling Johnny Ace a big smelly bum head.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
It's all down to certain network policies. The USA network will have a certain policy of things they don't want to be aired on their channel. Then there's the watershed deal where things have to be blurted out for legal reasons.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Brock's promo had the word piss censored. Seriously? Is that a bad word in America?
It's usually seen as a pretty trashy word. You can say you're "pissed off", but when you use piss to mean urine a lot of people with throw a fit.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have also thought about that. Sometimes they censor "ass" and some times things which are much more strong makes the cut.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
It's the network that they are on. The WWE just cant just do whatever they want on their program.

·
Registered
108 Posts
United States is such weird country. Grown up men acting like they are beating the shit out of each other = PG. Using the word piss = TV 14

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I'm a little confused. "Son of a bitch" has been used many times but while Jericho was yelling at Punk and pouring beer on him, he said "Come on, you stupid son of a bitch" and it got censored. Not aware of any other moments they have censored 'ass' or 'bitch' ever since The Rock returned in 2011.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
United States is such weird country. Grown up men acting like they are beating the shit out of each other = PG. Using the word piss = TV 14
LOL that reminds me of Kyles mum from south park: Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Quoted for truth.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
TNA/SpikeTV are kinda the same way. Last night they bleeped out "ass" every single time but didn't bleep out "shit" when King Mo said it.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
I agree they are inconsistent I assume it has something to do with live TV. Also I think perhaps sometimes they don't censor as they are trying to make a certain angle appear more adult and personal.

·
Breaking kayfabe to get over.
1,377 Posts
Even on WWE Classics on demand, before some shows start it'll say rated TV-14 and parental discretion is advised, but ass will be censored throughout the show. Makes watching the Monday Night War suck sometimes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts