Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes at the time, the WWF not E used to be part of PPP culture and mainstream in the 80s and late 90s early 2000. But now, it seems like Vince, Stephanie and HHH tries so hard to make the WWE mainstream. It's not likWWE is the NFL or NBA. Personally, I think people who arent casuals orb hardcore fans really care about WWE.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Because Vince is a very insecure person just like all wrestling promoters are both past and present and he craves that approval more then anyone in the history of the industry.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I don't know but appearances from Larry the cable guy and Grumpy cat doesn't elevate a wrestling show to "Sports entrainment" despite what Vince says.

If they wanted to they could probably get some real celebs on the show if they shelled out the cash. They could get rock legends like ACDC, The who, Springsteen for Wrestlemania but they get P diddy instead. etc

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
They try to appeal to as large of a demographic as possible and more importantly to appeal to corporations.

The Golden Era and AE died on it's own. You got to understand those markets aren't always going to be there.

60,006 Posts
As Shane's music said. Here's comes the money. I also imagine Vince is insecure about wrestling. it has always borne a stigma, and he wants to achieve what his father couldnt do: give wrestling a levlel of acceptability and respectability.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As Shane's music said. Here's comes the money. I also imagine Vince is insecure about wrestling. it has always borne a stigma, and he wants to achieve what his father couldnt do: give wrestling a levlel of acceptability and respectability.
Shane would be the perfect person to make the WWae mainstream again. Don't see it with Stephanie.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I am sure rasslin had a better reputation when his father ran it than it has now .

·
Administrator
59,280 Posts
Simple. He is viewed as an outcast because of what he's involved in. Wrestling has been on the mainstream shit list for years (regardless of the positive pub he's gotten) so he's not held in high regard as every other successful person. He desires to be held in that high regard.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
He wants it to be mainstream, but he doesn't do anything right to make it such.

I was in line for a signing in Cherry Hill back in 2009 for Chris Jericho(to promote his latest Fozzy album), and some woman(clearly not a wrestling fan by the way she was looking at us), was like,

"What are all these people in line for?"

*someone mentioned they were gonna meet/see a wrestler*

"They know its fake, right?"

*If I was a different person that would've been the moment I would've said, "So are your tits and yet you still have them"*

BUT ANYWAY,

He needs to take wrestling seriously, promote it more seriously, and have it seen as a legitimate thing before its going to really go mainstream again. He's still hoping he'll get lucky and it'll get mainstream in its current form. Fat chance of that happening.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
if vince didnt have such nonsensical booking and storylines and put on good matches, and not getting random names he heard about somewhere like someone said the cat and larry the cable guy, maybe he would be more mainstream

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well it makes sense when you consider that for a period of time WWE was the only wrestling game at their level in town after WCW and ECW folded. Once you come off the attitude era and have cornered the mainstream wrestling market where else is there to go but the mainstream? Now however that there is potential competitors in the market will WWE continue their targetting of the casual/mainstream demographic or re-consolidate their hold on the hardcore wrestling demographic by giving them what the want?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Simple. He is viewed as an outcast because of what he's involved in. Wrestling has been on the mainstream shit list for years (regardless of the positive pub he's gotten) so he's not held in high regard as every other successful person. He desires to be held in that high regard.
But the WWE is very successful

·
Registered
357 Posts
Niche market = $$$
Mainstream = $$$$$$$$$$$$

:vince2

·
Registered
642 Posts
To make more money. Both to get more numbers and to move the demographic of the audience. One reason WWE's tv deal did not match what UFC got is because the advertisers don't think the current WWE audience has much disposable income.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts