Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vince Russo always bashes members of the IWC saying that we don't know what's good and that we can't book a show. And I for one whole heartedly agree with that statement. But in Russo's case this is just the pot calling the kettle black.

Russo books like the typical IWC member. A guy can't get over you turn him heel. A feud isn't built up so well, you add a stipulation to it. A huge name in wrestling signs with the company, he's automatically given the belt. The formula to add more drama to a match= blood, blood, blood.

Oh and Russo s of the same belief of the IWC, that stables give talent that isn't used something to do. This is the stupidest thing I hear around here sometimes. Stables do nothing but get a guy who has lost some momentum get some, the undercard guys are just poorly utilized and are used as personal bitches. The only stable within recent memory that I can think of where all guy got over was Evolution

And of course the one thing Russo does so well that the majority of the IWC does as well, rebook everything from 1999.

· The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,950 Posts
You can't generalize the IWC, because the way you described Russo booking like a IWC member, I would never do. You forgot another classic Russo move; turn a very over face heel just to "shock" the fans; see Hardy, Goldberg, Hart.

You're right though, Russo tries to cater to the IWC or he tries to shock the IWC with his booking. I'm pretty sure he still wants the IWC to accept him. For example, he tried to be cool when he was booking WCW by exposing the business on Nitro and Thunder, like Buff Bagwell trying to cater to the "bookers" and having Jarrett lay down for Hogan. It backfired though, because the IWC thought he was a retard instead of a genius.

· Registered
3,749 Posts
Because they bash him ,an eye for a eye as the saying goes.

Russo thinks he knows wrestling ,as does the IWC.Their views are a stark contrast.

· Registered
3,251 Posts
Vince Russo always bashes members of the IWC saying that we don't know what's good and that we can't book a show. And I for one whole heartedly agree with that statement. But in Russo's case this is just the pot calling the kettle black.

Russo books like the typical IWC member. A guy can't get over you turn him heel. A feud isn't built up so well, you add a stipulation to it. A huge name in wrestling signs with the company, he's automatically given the belt. The formula to add more drama to a match= blood, blood, blood.

Oh and Russo s of the same belief of the IWC, that stables give talent that isn't used something to do. This is the stupidest thing I hear around here sometimes. Stables do nothing but get a guy who has lost some momentum get some, the undercard guys are just poorly utilized and are used as personal bitches. The only stable within recent memory that I can think of where all guy got over was Evolution

And of course the one thing Russo does so well that the majority of the IWC does as well, rebook everything from 1999.
For a guy that doesn't know how to book, he sure knows how to get hired by the biggest company's and maintain his position.

Think about it, Vince Russo has held a creative position within the biggest wrestling promotions on and off since 1996.

As for Russo's love/hate relationship with TNA, it's just that the IWC thinks they know everything when they don't know shit.

No promoter ever got rich garnering his product to the whims of the internet fan.

Paul Heyman tried and ultimately failed, ROH while still in business has had trouble truly expanding as their loss of TV proves.

If giving in to the internet fan made money, Vince McMahon of all people would do it but in fact he does the opposite.

· Registered
1,978 Posts
Vince russo is old, ugly, over the hill, he sucks at his job most of the time and doesn't want to acknowledge it, hell he might even have erectile dysfunction as the icing on the cake...So, in retrospect, he has every right to hate on the IWC.

Oh and i really couldn't care less what he thinks of me. If i could i would tell him to go to hell but he's already in TNA. TNA has phenomenal talent on the roster, sub par booking and screwed up management and they're stuck with Russo.

· Registered
3,749 Posts
For a guy that doesn't know how to book, he sure knows how to get hired by the biggest company's and maintain his position.

Think about it, Vince Russo has held a creative position within the biggest wrestling promotions on and off since 1996.

As for Russo's love/hate relationship with TNA, it's just that the IWC thinks they know everything when they don't know shit.

No promoter ever got rich garnering his product to the whims of the internet fan.

Paul Heyman tried and ultimately failed, ROH while still in business has had trouble truly expanding as their loss of TV proves.

If giving in to the internet fan made money, Vince McMahon of all people would do it but in fact he does the opposite.
Russo gets hired on reputation alone .He was in WWF during the boom period of the attitude era .The most famous peroid which marked a turn in all of wrestling.He went to WCW ,didn't have a filter there and we all know what happened.

Not saying I know more than Russo about booking ,but fuck there's people in the IWC who could book way better than Russo.He relys on shock value and car crash tv ,which doesn't sppeal to much.

Paul Heyman failed because he wasn't a good business man ,nothing to do with his booking.

ROH's product is constantly expanding .Their I-PPVs and attentance prove this.

Even Vince McMahon appeals to the internet ,be it only to a small degree.eg Daniel Bryan ,Kaval ,Tyler Black etc

· Registered
3,873 Posts
Vince Russo still has a job because Dixie Carter protects the shit out of him, thinking that he is one of TNA's best assets. If anything goes wrong, someone else gets blamed. Dixie once said that if "Fire Russo" was chanted again by the fans, it will be someone else getting the pink slip.

TNA will not succeed until Russo is no longer in Creative. Of course, since his son has just started in Production, don't expect any changes for a long time.

· Registered
12,669 Posts
Lots of wrestlers bash Russo and his shitty booking because quite frankly it doens't work. He sucks and rehashes old storylines. He sucks flat out. IDC if people think I can't book better or the IWC can't book better but when majority of your fans are IWC/smark whatever , then you shouldn't book so much like WWE. I mean seriously, TNA fans want WRESTLING not 30 minute promo's to start off EVERY impact.

Add to the fact the over booking of things, making everything so complicated to follow.He's just a mark for himself and takes credit for other peoples work. He killed off WCW and is going the exact same path with TNA which is hard to see happen AGAIN.

· Banned
4,265 Posts
Maybe because of threads like this?

Also, maybe because he's been in the business for 20 years and knows a hell of alot more about it than anybody on here, perhaps?

Or maybe because the IWC tend to talk a load of complete nonsense most of the time?

Any of the three above really.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
I don't like Russo's writing, but I sure as hell couldn't be the head writer of a wrestling company full time. None of us could. He knows a lot more about the business than any of us combined. That's not saying much though, considering none of us have ever been in the business.

That said, he might do so because a lot of smarks believe otherwise and act like it.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
Lots of wrestlers bash Russo and his shitty booking because quite frankly it doens't work. He sucks and rehashes old storylines. He sucks flat out. IDC if people think I can't book better or the IWC can't book better but when majority of your fans are IWC/smark whatever , then you shouldn't book so much like WWE. I mean seriously, TNA fans want WRESTLING not 30 minute promo's to start off EVERY impact.
This is a pretty big misconception.

Look TNA has about 2 hours of television a week. When you consider commercials it's probably around what 90 minutes? Less? Fact is you can't just say "WE WANT WRESTLING ZOMG~~!"

Nobody's going to buy a PPV unless you put storylines over. Usually that's done with promos and vignettes. Now maybe there should be 1 match every couple of weeks that gets some time, but when you have so little television time, wrestling just isn't going to get out much. That's what PPV's are for.

My problem though isn't the amount of wrestling on the show. It's the storylines, constant heel/face switching and stable wars.

· #TEAMFIT
8,542 Posts
I don't like Russo's writing, but I sure as hell couldn't be the head writer of a wrestling company full time. None of us could. He knows a lot more about the business than any of us combined. That's not saying much though, considering none of us have ever been in the business.

That said, he might do so because a lot of smarks believe otherwise and act like it.
Sorry but I really can't stand when people bring this up as a point.

This is Wrestling. You don't need to be a genius with 50+ years in the business to understand that it isn't really a good idea to be turning guys heel/face every 2 seconds, having a 2 hour WRESTLING show with less then 15 mins of actual WRESTLING, having feuds drop completely at random never to be resolved, having storylines go in the most illogical directions to the point where the audience can't even make sense of anything anymore, and everything else Russo is infamous for...

Pretty much everything I've stated is something EVERYONE currently working in the business should know NOT to do because it's based off common sense. Russo is an idiot and always will be. I'm honestly confident at least 70% of the people on here could book better than him.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
Vince imitates his idol Vince! McMahon dislikes smarks, enjoys promos and skits, and hates wrasslin'. So whatever Russo touches instantly becomes a WWE clone. The IWC, despite never working in the business understand what Russo did to a struggling WCW was pretty damn retarted, further damaging their f**ked up finances. So Russo bites back!

The question is what has he done successfully since Halloween Havoc 1999? Quit WWE. His own wrestling promotion (Ring of Glory) was a disaster. I guess S.E.X., Main Event Mafia, Joe/Angle and Beautiful People are his TNA successes. Ratings were 0.8 at 11pm on a Saturday night; now they are 1.2 in a Thursday prime time slot. This is after signing or booking Hogan, Sting, Hardy, Angle, Booker, RVD, Flair, Foley, Bischoff, Nash, Anderson, Lashley, Steiner and Hall.

· #TEAMFIT
8,542 Posts
Vince imitates his idol Vince! McMahon dislikes smarks, enjoys promos and skits, and hates wrasslin'. So whatever Russo touches instantly becomes a WWE clone. The IWC, despite never working in the business understand what Russo did to a struggling WCW was pretty damn retarted, further damaging their f**ked up finances. So Russo bites back!

The question is what has he done successfully since Halloween Havoc 1999? Quit WWE. His own wrestling promotion (Ring of Glory) was a disaster. I guess S.E.X., Main Event Mafia, Joe/Angle and Beautiful People are his TNA successes. Ratings were 0.8 at 11pm on a Saturday night; now they are 1.2 in a Thursday prime time slot. This is after signing or booking Hogan, Sting, Hardy, Angle, Booker, RVD, Flair, Foley, Bischoff, Nash, Anderson, Lashley, Steiner and Hall.
lol....so true. With a list of wrestlers like that the rating should at least be at a 2 right now.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.