Wrestling Forum banner

why does undertaker think he can manage ufc fighters because he is a famous fake...

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Spike 
#1 ·
why does undertaker think he can manage ufc fighters because he is a famous fake wrestler.. really have people seen the youtube video where he thinks he is gunna manage a ufc fighter coz he does a fake triangle choke?? the man is an embarrament to himself!!

#2 ·
Re: why does undertaker think he can manage ufc fighters because he is a famous fake.

Supposedly, The Undertaker is a legitimate black belt in BJJ under Steven Williams. Also, he's believed to be a huge MMA fan.

#4 ·
Re: why does undertaker think he can manage ufc fighters because he is a famous fake.

By manage, do you mean training/coaching? Because, I would like to assume that anyone with a nice amount of knowledge in mixed martial arts/managing skills could manage a fighter; I would imagine that training/coaching, however, is a different animal. Do you know a lot about MMA? Well, maybe you could be qualified to manage Brock Lesnar.

#8 ·

I don't think half this forum knows how to ball their hand into a fist.

#11 ·

There is a difference between managing and training. The manager helps find the trainers, facilities, sponsorship's, etc. I'm pretty sure Taker could do that, could probably even score some big deals for money because of who he is. That itself means a fighter can focus on training and not worry about finances, especially for those who have a family to provide for. I don't see Taker training, but managing, doing the activities stated above.

It would be something for him to do when he finally hangs up the boots, while still being involved in a competitive combat environment. Maybe YOU should THINK before you start typing next time. ;)

#12 ·

Ha. Furry. Having a brain. Good one.

#15 ·

really have people seen the youtube video where he thinks he is gunna manage a ufc fighter coz he does a fake triangle choke??
Supposedly, The Undertaker is a legitimate black belt in BJJ under Steven Williams.
Learn your shit before calling him out.
the man is an embarrament to himself!!
No it's actually more embarassing that you don't know the difference between Manager and Coach/Trainer.

This isn't like the fucking Rocky movies, this is 2011. Pro MMA Fighters will have a Manager and/or agent, a Publicist, Coaches, Trainers, Nutritionists etc. like a small fucking army. These are professional athletes.

I mean seriously, you think Don King could knock out the guys he was promoting?

#16 ·

You do know manager is not coach?

I suspect Taker would make a hell of a manager with all his experience with WWE over the years, life on the road, finding training facilities, staying in shape and dealing with promoters etc. He could help a guy develop a public image and avoid some of the issues that can trip people up. I know I wouldn't mind him walking into a room to negotiate a contract for me.

#17 ·

i dont know if he meant manage or coach.. but why would a respected ufc fighter want undertaker in there corner doing anything when they could have someone with 50years expeirence in coashing or managing real fighters!! why would undertaker even want this job.. i think he was chatting bubbles.. i think he lives on his own little planet in parts unknown!! and i would love to ask the undertaker.. unfortunatly i dont have his number, i must have lost it when we were living in fantasy world together where people can go into an occupation and be the top guy at it with no experience whats so ever.

seriously tho.. i rekon he felt stupid after the brock thing coz brock would kick his ass and felt this wud help him.. EPIC FAIL!!

#20 ·

i dont know if he meant manage or coach.. but why would a respected ufc fighter want undertaker in there corner doing anything when they could have someone with 50years expeirence in coashing or managing real fighters!! why would undertaker even want this job.. i think he was chatting bubbles.. i think he lives on his own little planet in parts unknown!! and i would love to ask the undertaker.. unfortunatly i dont have his number, i must have lost it when we were living in fantasy world together where people can go into an occupation and be the top guy at it with no experience whats so ever.

seriously tho.. i rekon he felt stupid after the brock thing coz brock would kick his ass and felt this wud help him.. EPIC FAIL!!
Your an epic fail! Just cos he isnt a legend of the sport doesnt mean he cant do it, Vince McMahon bought WWF from his dad with little to no experience about promoting, running a successful business and wrestling itself yet he has changed the industry forever! Undertaker is a smart business man, knows how to negotiate and twist peoples arms, I believe he owns (co owns) a successful real estate business, stop the 'Taker hating!

#21 ·

The people who don't watch MMA really don't need to comment, they're making themselves look like a bunch of morons.

Managers in MMA are the guys who make the deals for you, they handle your sponsors and all that and with him being famous people would clearly be interested in talking/working with him, I think it'd be a pretty good move because he comes off like a smart guy and he's obviously a huge fan.

#23 ·

Maybe Undertaker could be in UFC if he wanted. Maybe not anymore, but in his prime. Just because wrestling is scripted doesn't mean people don't get their arses kicked, badly. Undertaker's a badass. Plus, being a manager and being a fighter are two different things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.