Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, WWE caters to people who forget things 2 minutes after they happen. And to me, the IWC seems to fit this to the button. The perfect audience for WWE. We (Internet forum peoples) seem to judge people only based on their performace within the last month or something. For example, The Undertaker: A man who is consistently the highlight of the show at Wrestlemania (when he isn't facing Mark Henry) is receiving lots of hate from these forums ATM. This thread in the Smackdown forum is my confirmation: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/smackdown/528831-undertaker.html. Although Taker's last 2 WM matches were amazing, his others are usually great as well. Take Edge, Randy Orton, even Batista, and the proof is in the pudding: Taker still has it. I think everyone here knows that, but since Taker had some bad matches with Kane (who doesn't, the guy can't work to save his life), people constantly bag on Taker just because he's old and injury prone. The fact is, he can still preform, just he usually only brings his all at Wrestlemania, cause that's when the spotlight's on him.

TLDR: Stop focusing on Taker's last 2 matches and saying that he should retire because he sucks. Focus on the last year and a half, at least before juding wheather someone can still preform.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I've talked badly about the Undertaker's matches with Kane, but make no mistake about it, the I blame Kane all the time. Yes, Undertaker has had very memorable matches over the past couple of years and Kane.... well he hasn't. In fact, I don't even know if I can name 5 "awesome" Kane matches.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Undertaker is great, no doubt about it. But he is just inconsistant now. I would rather him leave on a good note, rather than a bad one. I want to remember him as the force that he is...not the guy who needs his injuries hidden 8 months out of the year.

It's a shame that his last WM match may possibly be a tag team match.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
I don't doubt Undertaker can still go on the big stage. I think if he brings his A-game, he'll still perform great. But he's not as consistent as he was back in 2007 (that was his peak in-ring as far as I see it). It was obvious from last year that he's slowing down in the ring.

Also, I wouldn't blame the bad Kane/Taker matches entirely on Kane. It's also Taker's fault.

Kane had two great matches with Batista on Smackdown in 2007. Granted, he hasn't had any great matches with anyone else since but it takes two to tango and create a "great" match.

Both Taker and Kane are responsible for their shit matches. And it's not like Taker hasn't had any other crap matches. He didn't put on very good performances with CM Punk last year either, aside from one match (out of three or four I believe). Not very consistant that.

Undertaker is best as a part-time performer right now more than ever. He seriously can't hang on any respectable level on a week to week basis. His body is catching up to it's age and beatings over the years now.

·
Registered
802 Posts
right whats the IWC please dont rip me to shreds over it i read it all the time in this forum and i dnt know what it is.

OP i dont do that i remember everything that taker has done, to me the reason why he hasnt left yet because he wants to make sure everything will b still running well after hes gone.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Firstly, just because one member of the IWC says something, that doesn't mean he represents the IWC in its entirety. Not to mention why are you referring to the IWC like an outside collective group, you do realise that by posting on this forum, you're a member of the IWC as well.

As for the subject of Taker, it's no doubt he still has it in him but he can't do it on a consistant basis. Sure he had two fantastic matches at Wrestlemania 25 and 26 but inbetween those two matches he had a string of poor matches and just didn't perform on the level he used to.

So it's a fair assumption to say Taker's in-ring work has declined because it has, down to the fact that he can't wrestle on a week-to-week basis.

Although don't take it as a stab at Taker because the guy is getting on and has various injuries that stop him from performing at the level he used to.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
TLDR: Stop focusing on Taker's last 2 matches and saying that he should retire because he sucks. Focus on the last year and a half, at least before juding wheather someone can still preform.
Well focusing on the last year+ and looking at his good to bad match ratio, he propably should still retire. Injuries catch up to everyone and they've caught up to him.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Today, WWE caters to people who forget things 2 minutes after they happen. And to me, the IWC seems to fit this to the button. The perfect audience for WWE. We (Internet forum peoples) seem to judge people only based on their performace within the last month or something. For example, The Undertaker: A man who is consistently the highlight of the show at Wrestlemania (when he isn't facing Mark Henry) is receiving lots of hate from these forums ATM. This thread in the Smackdown forum is my confirmation: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/smackd...ndertaker.html. Although Taker's last 2 WM matches were amazing, his others are usually great as well. Take Edge, Randy Orton, even Batista, and the proof is in the pudding: Taker still has it. I think everyone here knows that, but since Taker had some bad matches with Kane (who doesn't, the guy can't work to save his life), people constantly bag on Taker just because he's old and injury prone. The fact is, he can still preform, just he usually only brings his all at Wrestlemania, cause that's when the spotlight's on him.

You're part of the IWC whether you like it or not, buddy.

- Vic

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
People can't continually preface their comments with:

"Of course, Taker/Bret Hart/HHH etc were excellent servants to the WWE for many years, producing numerous great matches, however..."

I'm sure most people will recognise the past achievement of Undertaker or whoever the person in question may be. You can take it as given that people appreciate their past work. But it shouldn't have to be parrotted everytime someone wishes to pass comment on the present day. That would just be tiresome.

If a sports journalist wishes to criticise the performance of a specific player in a particular match, must he/she begin the match review by referring to that player's illustrious past? Surely the journalist would assume that his readers have memories.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
right whats the IWC please dont rip me to shreds over it i read it all the time in this forum and i dnt know what it is.

OP i dont do that i remember everything that taker has done, to me the reason why he hasnt left yet because he wants to make sure everything will b still running well after hes gone.
Internet Wrestling Community

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,599 Posts
The problem with the Undertaker is that he can ONLY turn it on at WrestleMania
I don't know, it is true that at Wrestlmania he goes all out, and I suppose since it's the grand daddy of them all he's going to give 100%. But I think he holds back in the ring most of the time. Proberly because he dosen't want to seriously injure himself even if he does tend to do so. But I reckon he could turn it on if he really wanted to at anytime, just that he'd rather play it safe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you say the undertaker is past it now, you get accused of being too short minded. If you say he is one of the best, you get accused of being an attitude era mark. Fact is, the internet wrestling community is as diverse as the people who go to watch the shows, therefore the opinions you get are always going to juxtapose and create debate. Hence the existence of this forum. And I wouldn't change it one bit.

By the way, I have been watching WWE for about 12 years and Im with the small minority of people who say taker should have another last run on his motorcycle :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Internet Wrestling Community
so am i a part of it cause im on this forum? ive heard alot of shit about it thats all.

and yer people who say anything about taker can be hated. for me i love him for what hes done it will be a sad day when he leaves some say it sould be soon and some say hes got years left. For me im not sure because as i said i love him, but i dont want to see a warn down beet up old version of him. My honest opinion i dont think he looks fit enough anymore, he is getting injuired alot and i think he should go out soon with a bang before he ends up seriously injuirs himself and cant do anything anymore. I would hate to see that happen to him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts