Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is never sold out, barely anyone goes to it, and nobody watches it because it never gets good ratings, so why does it exist? do they really need the extra TV revenue that badly?

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Honestly, I've said it for a while now that Smackdown just needs to be scrapped completely, it's past it's sell by date and has become stale, even the hardcore fans find it a chore watching this show now, they should just scrap smackdown and replace it with something completely new I think.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
By that reckoning you could say why don't WWE scrap house shows, they aren't on TV and arenas don't sell out. As long as a TV channel are willing to pay for SD and people come to the shows there's no reason to scrap it, they're making money, not to mention Superstars and Main Event are recorded at SD, they'd lose the money from those shows as well.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Because it makes money and expands the visibility of the WWE brand.

Wrestling, because it's a self-sustaining product, is easy to air on TV. As long as it makes the network money, it makes them happy.

It would take the network canceling Smackdown for it to go away. Even when they have, they've simply changed networks. Still, it's been getting smaller and smaller with lower and lower stakes each time they've changed channels. I think it won't last another 10 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts