Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys like HHH and Cena get criticized from fans and have been for years for hogging the spotlight, burying people, and never leaving the main event. How is Orton any different? He's been there as long as Cena and has consistently been in the main event since 2007, 10 fucking years and never goes away. He's getting old, getting washed up, puts no effort into his work anymore (if ever) and is CONSTANTLY in the main event spot.

People shit on him for being "boring" but never gets criticized for all of the other bad things he's involved in.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
The guy is honestly overrated. He has been boring since 2010. And when I found out Kofi lost his push because of his soft ass is when I officially stopped liking him.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
I think Orton is good, but only when feuding with the right person. He's not the type of person you can put in a feud with anyone expect him to deliver. He should also be a heel.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,146 Posts
Orton hogs the main event scene, yet jobbed to f*cking Kane at f*cking Wrestlemania :lmao:lmao:lmao

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
He gets ridiculed ask the time on this forum for hogging the spotlight. I'm actually surprised you find the opposite, especially on this forum.

However, I think he doesn't need a pass because he doesn't hog the spotlight. He will be champion occasionally, but it's usually to push me talent in short or long term cases. I think he's fairly balanced in terms of winning, losing, and jobbing. He's been wrestling different new talent weekly as the champion, and I highly doubt he'll gonna the championship for a while.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Orton jobbed for almost half of his career, but his problem is that they always push him at the wrong time.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Judging by his latest Twitter posts, I don't think he cares because all he is doing is bragging about the large amount of money he makes

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
Orton is given shit to work with, we've all seen how great he can be.

He should never be a babyface in the WWE, he's fantastic as a heel or tweener.

Orton hogs the main event scene, yet jobbed to f*cking Kane at f*cking Wrestlemania :lmao:lmao:lmao
Had his WM match with Bray get cut too fpalm

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Bc none gives a shit about Orton.
Nit to mention he soebds half a year out injured or shooting some movie.

·
Registered
13,150 Posts
He might get shit on for being boring more often because it's his most overwhelming quality :draper2

But I think he gets shit on plenty for his "selfishness and hogging the main event spot". Whenever he gets the title people roll their eyes, bang their heads on their desks, and beg for him to drop the title.

I think the big difference is when he doesn't have the title the show doesn't continue to revolve around him. The same can't be said for Cena and Haitch.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
What? I'm aware that the OP's hatred for anyone over the age of 35 blinds him to a lot of things, but didn't think it would affect his ability to read. Since Orton has won the title he's been hammered on this forum.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Guys like HHH and Cena get criticized from fans and have been for years for hogging the spotlight, burying people, and never leaving the main event. How is Orton any different? He's been there as long as Cena and has consistently been in the main event since 2007, 10 fucking years and never goes away. He's getting old, getting washed up, puts no effort into his work anymore (if ever) and is CONSTANTLY in the main event spot.

People shit on him for being "boring" but never gets criticized for all of the other bad things he's involved in.
Orton is easily the worst person to be having in the main event right now. IF you want to use him (and I have no idea why you would), he should be away from wrestling, for a long time, and do a comeback run years down the line.

Orton has been given so many free passes, opportunities, than any other person, including Cena. Orton has been busted for steroids 4 times. Count em. Orton has been caught up in physical confrontations and just being a dick to people who deal with him outside of the company.

The WWE has a very sick history, and I'd imagine Orton is benefitting from that via his name. It's no secret, based on the mountains of testimony from personal or observation about the swinger, homosexual, "favors" culture that went on in the 80's, and into the 90's. I'd imagine Bob Orton, Vince, Pat Patterson, Gerald Brisco, Terry Garvin, etc. all enjoyed one another. Oh, and Patterson would want to "milk" the talent? I'd imagine Randy Orton was milked constantly for his spot at the beginning of his career.

The WWE has probably mostly had to bury this and act like a normal organization for the past 10-15 years. However, it used to be crazy disgusting.

·
Registered
378 Posts
He got brutally beaten by Brock on his return match so wwe rewarding him with championship run... I see no problem with it...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Orton doesn't inspire passion in neither his defenders nor his detractors. He's bland eggshell wallpaper.
Randy is the placeholder of the WWE. He's a zero to the left, i.e., he's just there until something exciting comes along. Like Jinder.

Which is why threads on Randy aren't interesting. They're the same old Blandy Orton needs an 8-gram to be interesting. His fans only like and/or want his body - his biggest asset. Alexa Bliss draws more attention and passion.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
He's done a lot of jobbing since 2005 -- he's put over guys like Kane, Kofi Kingston, and Mark Henry clean; and he has never buried anyone, has he?

Plus, he's not old, as OP says. Orton just turned 37 this year, which is prime-years in pro wrestling. People assume he's older because he's been around so long.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts