Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Great One?..
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2001, I could easily say the people were very interested in seeing past generation star Hogan, but now no one seems to be interest in wanting Steve Austin come back for a promo or program.

I know he has a bad neck and all but Hogan was like 50 years old, but the fans still wanted him back.

Fuck I miss Austin so much, and now it doesn't even seem important, when Hogan came back 10 years ago people were going nuts, if Austin comes back now he would barely even get a pop and no one would care because they all know he's just going to drink and tell a few jokes.

WWE has ruined Austin IMO, Rocky got huge pop when he came back but Austin didn't when he came back in 2007 or whatever.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I always want Austin to appear.Doesn't matter how often he appears he still appears raises hell and then leaves.He's always fun to watch.

·
Registered
345 Posts
who in the bluest of hells does not want austin back? i would give up my left nut to see stone cold run down the ramp and give laurenitis a stunner.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
Absence makes the heart grow fonder and Austin just doesn't stay absent for that long so it's not that big of a deal when he shows up

·
HEADBANGA
23,848 Posts
I could be fine without seeing him on TV ever again. He's done it all in the business and unless he comes back for a special attraction match against a current top star then I don't want him back in any capacity.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
Absence makes the heart grow fonder and Austin just doesn't stay absent for that long so it's not that big of a deal when he shows up
This.

Wrestling fans truly only care about you, when you return after being gone for a year or more. Hulk Hogan was treated as God when he returned in 2002, because all those kids who admire him in the 80's, were now adults and seeing their favorite wrestler from their childhood again brung a sense nostalgic to them, The Rock is the same way, but just from a different era.

Stone Cold will get the same reaction, if he didn't make an appearance at almost every WWE special event. Austin is never gone long enough for that feeling of nostalgic to build up within the fans. As of right now, Austin's last appearance on WWE programming was the RAW after Capital Punishment, if Austin was to return in 2013 or 2014, the pop he'll receive will be enormous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rated R™;11430305 said:
Back in 2001, I could easily say the people were very interested in seeing past generation star Hogan, but now no one seems to be interest in wanting Steve Austin come back for a promo or program.

I know he has a bad neck and all but Hogan was like 50 years old, but the fans still wanted him back.

Fuck I miss Austin so much, and now it doesn't even seem important, when Hogan came back 10 years ago people were going nuts, if Austin comes back now he would barely even get a pop and no one would care because they all know he's just going to drink and tell a few jokes.

WWE has ruined Austin IMO, Rocky got huge pop when he came back but Austin didn't when he came back in 2007 or whatever.
I would not be against Austin coming back at all. But the Stone Cold Steve Austin character, in his heyday conveyed himself a certain way, said certain things and had certain feuds that really conflict with what the WWE has become.

Right now, there really hasn't been anyone worth rebelling against, he'd be limited to a degree in what he can say on the mic and how he can act in general.

I could see a window of opportunity now with Johnny Ace and the new angle they are doing. Which bears resemblance to the Corporation back when Austin was doing what he did best.

But him being severely limited in what he can do in the ring, I'm not sure with the strict content they allow now, what would Austin do if he were to come back

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i would love to see Austin back

·
Glory Glory Man Utd
8,780 Posts
I would love to see Austin back as he is without a doubt my favourite of all time. I only want him to come back if he is able to put on one last great match. I don't want him to come back if he is going to be a shell of his former self. Having said that this needs to happen :

·
Registered
647 Posts
Who doesn't want him back ???!!!!
I can't wait for an Austin vs Punk feud !!

·
Banned
882 Posts
OP, you're misinformed. People DO want Austin back. Every time he shows up, he gets a huge pop. Not sure why you think otherwise.

because he can't wrestle!!!

due to his injuries.
This coming from the guy who has Justin Gabriel becomes World Champion in his sig.

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam Intern/Presiden
16,357 Posts
He's made alot of appearances since retiring.

I wouldn't mind seeing him again, but I wouldn't care if I never saw him again either.

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
I don't understand this thread.. I've seen so many threads and post about fans wanting Austin back, I haven't seen anyone say they didn't want him back.. :confused:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts