Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
1,652 Posts
And people talk about him beating Undertaker? Why? So he can have MORE title reigns and more shit on is already stacked resume. And have the bragging right of beating the greatest streak in Wrestling? GTFO.
I hate Cena, always have, always will. I will say that he can go WHEN he has a "proper" opponent(one that can carry him to a great match) but, I also hate Taker, always have, always will. SO, I want to see this, at WM30, no titles, just face, Marine, Hustle Loyalty Respect Rise Above Hate Cenation Cena vs Taker, in an I quit match. because that will be the only time since WM21 that people just would not know how a Taker WM match would end.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Because he is a heel.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You know I could go on and give a detailed reason why people don't like Cena; but I'm not going to. Instead, I will give a brief explanation in why:

Why do people boo John Cena? Because it's popular. Oh you can spin anyway you want; but when you get down to it; people boo Cena because it's fun. For 10 years, people have been on the bandwagon of hating Cena for hate's sake. Now does that mean everyone should love and admire John Cena and call him God's gift to professional wrestling? No, you have every right to be critical. However there is a difference between being a critic and being a hater; and as far I can tell, I don't think I have to describe where the majority of the IWC stands in that area.

It's ironic really: People scream "Same Old Shit", "Same Old Shit", "Same Old Shit" at John Cena; and yet the same old shit I see are the people screaming "Same Old Shit".

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I hate Cena, always have, always will. I will say that he can go WHEN he has a "proper" opponent(one that can carry him to a great match) but, I also hate Taker, always have, always will. SO, I want to see this, at WM30, no titles, just face, Marine, Hustle Loyalty Respect Rise Above Hate Cenation Cena vs Taker, in an I quit match. because that will be the only time since WM21 that people just would not know how a Taker WM match would end.
"I thought I was the only one"

·
Banned
1,652 Posts
"I thought I was the only one"

Now don't get me wrong, if it were true then the legend of him punking HBK over refusing to lose the austin match is hilarious(because I have always hated HBK too), but Taker always just fell flat with me. I hated him as a kid cuz I was a Hogan and somewhat Warrior fan. So yeah, obvious dislike there. As an adult, just reading some of his shit has pissed me off beyond repair, I guess most recent was basically having Punk stripped of the belt, because Punk "dared" to say "What about Cena?" When Taker told him he needed to dress like a champion out in public.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Now don't get me wrong, if it were true then the legend of him punking HBK over refusing to lose the austin match is hilarious(because I have always hated HBK too), but Taker always just fell flat with me. I hated him as a kid cuz I was a Hogan and somewhat Warrior fan. So yeah, obvious dislike there. As an adult, just reading some of his shit has pissed me off beyond repair, I guess most recent was basically having Punk stripped of the belt, because Punk "dared" to say "What about Cena?" When Taker told him he needed to dress like a champion out in public.
Taker sitting up from multiple Kamala splashes not only affirmed how stupid his gimmick was, but destroyed kayfabe for me forevermore.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,581 Posts
Yeah they will. Taker will win by knocking Cena out with the Hells Gate because he never taps or says I Quit and the Streak continues. Even if Cena was allowed to win, he would refuse out of respect because he doesn't need to break the Streak and it would be a complete waste.

·
Banned
859 Posts
I really did like Cena from 2004-09, but everything mentioned here is true(except this Hulk Hogan stuff because HE NEVER GOT BOOED as a BABYFACE in HIS PRIME). His overcoming the odds I liked because it created this unseen atmosphere of split crowds. Once that went away I think some of his aura did too. He is lucky Rock came back to feud with him to spice him up because honestly he has been same ol same ol since 2009.

I also just think some fans just flat out don't like the guy.
hogan also would've been booed if fans were as smart as now and kayfabe as dead as now and not to mention he did'nt had to perform 52 raw's per year or 13ppv's per year and oh yes don't forget about 3to4 house shows.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
When you portray the same exact character for as long as Cena has, with no alterations at all, it's pretty self explanatory.

Cena is approaching Hogan levels of being the top guy. Only difference is when fans started to boo Hogan, he left and came back with a different character. Cena, for whatever reason, doesn't know how or doesn't want to do that. And that is what pisses fans off.
I agree with this.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
If you've watched for the eight years he's been booed, and don't know why he's booed yet, consider turning the TV on while watching.

·
Here he comes...
937 Posts
Because of his relentlessly stale gimmick. He's great in the ring and on the mic despite what people say, he just needs to go for a new angle.

A straight heel turn would be ridiculous, to be honest, but a gradual storyline where perhaps the hate from fans starts to get to him could work. I don't know, really, I'd just kill to see any sort of gimmick change.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts