Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm speaking from a kayfabe standpoint obviously when I ask, but when I mean is why does it seem like it takes forever for someone to make the save when a face is getting beat down? what Jack Swagger did to Rey Mysterio on Smackdown is a perfectly good example, it took Big Show like 6 minutes to even show up and do anything to help. Wouldn't it have made sense to have other faces or someone come to help Rey like Kofi or something? and maybe have Jack Swagger incapacitate them to make him look even more dominant?

I'm not just talking about that incident, John Cena got beat down once and no one did anything to help him lol

Same with the first Nexus attack, when they were destroying the ring nobody came out to do anything about it

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
As for the Big Show situation, they had to let Swagger do the damage so he can attract some more heat.

As for the Nexus, they had to get them over and them attacking the top face of the company is definitely the way to get over as a heel.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've always found it makes tremendously less sense kayfabe wise when Wrestler A is always prepared to interrupt Wrestler B at the exact precise moment. Wrestler B says "Wrestler A, get your ass down here," and their music hits five seconds later. What if Wrestler A was taking a dump on the other end of the building? Does everybody just sit behind the curtain waiting to be cared about?

I love wrestling logic.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've always found it makes tremendously less sense kayfabe wise when Wrestler A is always prepared to interrupt Wrestler B at the exact precise moment. Wrestler B says "Wrestler A, get your ass down here," and their music hits five seconds later. What if Wrestler A was taking a dump on the other end of the building? Does everybody just sit behind the curtain waiting to be cared about?

I love wrestling logic.
Haha, that's just classic WWE IMO, we can predict when, who and where they interrupt, I still find it great every time.

They did it back in the attitude era as well you know.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Yeah, like, and if closed fists are illegal, why does Big Show get away with using one as his finisher? And why not just hit them as soon as the bell rings?

In wrestling, if you let any of the logic bother you, you're fucked, you know? It really helps if you can just watch whats on screen, enjoy it, and don't think too much about it. It's the exact opposite of every other show I watch.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Well, from a kayfabe point of view - why would we expect wrestlers to stand behind the curtain just incase they need to make a run in and save someone? If wrestling WAS real (lol), wrestlers would be in the lockerooms getting changed or exercising or doing something when they would realise that someone they like is getting unfairly beaten by someone they don't.

Technically, the delayed run in is more realistic. Plus from a booking standpoint it's more dramatic and exciting. So what's the problem?

·
Registered
118 Posts
because

a) the wrestler has to go to the wwe crew and tell them "i want to interfere, play my music", then
b) go back to the curtain, and wait until they find it and play it.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
well, sticking with kayfabe, the big show's situation was probably as real as it gets. he's the big SLOW. lol. think about it. but yeah, its easier to just sit back and watch, but sometimes you just have to sat WTF sometimes. also, ever notice in a big brawl like that, its the jobbers to the rescue? if anyone should be behind the curtain (just in case), its them...they have NOTHING else to do. lol. but they come out first to get their 10 second face time.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Swagger's attack was backstage so Big Show didn't know about it. When he came to the stage, he probably saw it and came to help

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
From a kayfabe stand-point it takes so long for the save to happen because presumably they are watching what is happening on a monitor, so once they see their buddy being attacked and they realise they need to save him, they need to get to the ring (when they're in a massive arena like WWE always are it can take some time navigating your way through a big arena you arn't familiar with). So by the time they get from Point A (where they spotted the attack) to point B (where the attack is taking place) a few minutes have passed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts