Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone wants Cena to turn heel. Now I watched a heel Cena and he sucked. All that rapping and shit was super lame I don't see how anyone was impressed with that run. The whole MC/rapper gimmick was shit the face and the heel run. I don't see why everyone is clamoring to see a heel Cena.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
Heel Cena doesn't equal Rapper Cena. Look at that Great Depression/Bootlegger intro at Wrestlemania 22. That's what he could be like. He doesn't have to be dick size jokes.

See, I just want the guy to grow and progress as a character. He hasn't done that since 2005. People who have problems with complaints of sameness and staleness need to realize that he's been the company's top face for 6 years and hasn't changed a bit.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Because he's stale right now.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I want Cena to be a heel because it could be fresh and exciting. He's been the same sort of face for several years now. I actually don't mind it, barring the last two weeks which were excruciating.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cena being a heel won't make his matches better.
Undertaker & Mysterio haven't been heels in years but nobody mentions a heel turn for either of them. Now I know a lot of people on the IWC hate Undertaker & Mysterio but they hate Cena more.
I thought about this and what kind of heel could Cena be?
I can't see him in the "selfish" heel role being better than Batista when he turned heel.
Do you really think Cena is cool enough to pull off a heel turn? I don't. I think it would be a complete debacle like Austin's heel turn.
Do you think a huge hulking juggernaut like Cena is going to cower, run away and have the facials and ability to sell that Triple H has?

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Not sure why anyone wants him to be heel either. He's still gonna SUCK on the mic because he's used to coasting and having it easy. He's too lazy to be a good heel.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Is this a serious question? obviously due to him being so watered down and stale like no other.

His Rapper gimmick what got him huge in the first place, even though it was refreshing to see him freestyle on Monday Night RAW again, I don’t think him going back to that specific gimmick would be the best idea. He needs to be a corporate Heel that definitely represents the “Tyrant” Vince McMahon.

He just need to reinvent himself like Chris Jericho did.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
Undertaker is too much of a legend. There is nothing he could do to be a heel.
I think Mysterio is in the same boat.

But a Cena heel turn could work. He already gets mixed reactions as it is and the majority of his female and youth fan base would go ballistic if he turned heel.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
You Kidding me?

Because he is as stale and boring as fuck as a face, and has been for about 5 years now.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I think Cena could pull of the psychotic bastard heel, like Stone Cold did in 2001. A heel turn would be good for him, and I much against it the last few years. But now with Orton getting huge pops, sometimes more then Cena. I think they could pull it off and it would freshen up the entire show.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,946 Posts
I think he needs to be heel to freshen his character a little. He's been a face for 7 years now, and he's just boring and cringeworthy now. A heel turn might do something new for him.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
And if Vince doesn't want to turn him heel, at least add some edge to his character. I mean look at Rock, who personality was of an arrogant jerk. Or Triple H's face character of a quick-witted asshole, Austin's character of the drunk *******. This isn't the 1980's anymore, pure good guys get stale real quick, if you want them to last IMO add some more layers to his character. If they did that I think Cena would be fine.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
cus the one right now is terrible duh, anything would be better than the barneys anus we got now.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
A heel turn in the future would (hopefully/probably) revitalize his character, which was getting woefully stale circa late 2008 through almost all of 2009 and was brought back to life despite no direct modifications to it because WWE booked him in some inventive and emotional programs in 2010. However, if he's going to revert back to '09-like stagnancy, there will be more calls for him to be turned by fans.

A turn would not necessarily lead to him becoming Rappin' ****** Cena all over again, either. In fact, if he rapped he'd very likely screw up his own heel turn since the fans who love to boo him today would probably wildly cheer a thuganomics rapping heel Cena.

Fact is, though, he cannot be turned until Vince McMahon has found a suitable replacement as the top babyface of the company. And that has not happened yet. It is probably a good 2-4 years away from happening, which is one of the chief reasons why I don't see Cena turning for roughly three years.

·
Registered
802 Posts
because it would be the best thing for him it makes tone of sence and would be the most real heel turn because he could use excuse that he gave everything for the fans and all he got in return was CENA SUCKS!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.