Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as of late there's been alot of attitude era was overrated, poor in ring quality,etc posts on here. Is it the cool thing now to hate on the attitude era or are there legit reasons to shit on the time period like people do with Cena.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Not everyone, some people. Just like some people love the Attitude Era. It's not the cool thing to do, it's just a different opinion being voiced. Welcome to the world.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not everyone, some people. Just like some people love the Attitude Era. It's not the cool thing to do, it's just a different opinion being voiced. Welcome to the world.
I've been seeing shitloads of attitude era ruined mainstream wrestling, the in ring product sucked because it wasn't a technical snoozefest that the iwc craves for.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The early AE did have poor in ring quality, but the quality was pretty good later on.
I may get heat for this but I really enjoyed the in ring quality of 98-99 the russo crash tv years, I know alot of people equate good in ring quality with the amount of technical manuevers you can pull off, but without storytelling ,pyschology, and spots to feed off the crowd than I could give a shit less about Dean Malenko vs Chris Benoit in 2000-2001

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
There are people in the IWC (no need to call anyone out....you know who you are) who just like to shit on things. They are negative, sad, pathetic people who are not happy unless they are ripping something apart. These are the same people who live in Mom's basement and don't know what a vagina feels like. Now I like 1987-1994 better but the AE was amazing. It had something for everyone and there is a reason it was the most popular time in wrestling history. Haters gonna hate man. It's pro wrestling you all. Don't take it so seriously.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Cause they think they sound smart,the truth is they just look retarded.

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
This thread is full of people who think everybody who dislikes what they love is retarded. Nobody is trying to sound smart, I and many others, feel the way we feel. Why does it bother you people so much that some people don't gush over the AE and have orgasms everytime JR says "stunner, stunner" or when DX tells somebody to "suck it"?

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
The only people bashing it are people who didn't watch back then.
Bullshit. I watched every raw, smackdown, shotgun saturday night, sunday night heat, and velocity WEEKLY. Most people on here have no idea about the AE other than TV ratings and youtube clips.
Its all fun and games when you can skip through all the garbage, I had to watch that shit in order to get to the good parts. There was no youtube, and no DVR and I say the shit was pretty much the same with some glaring differences but not enough to make a real fuss over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.